United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-12-2018, 02:15 PM
windy waffles

Thumbs down Jose's Press Conference - We will finish sixth...

Quote:
I can agree Manchester United should never be in seventh, in spite of the phenomenal investment Everton made and obviously the great improvement in their team from last season," said Mourinho.

"But I don't think Everton is going to be in front of Manchester United by the end of the season. I think clearly everybody knows that there are six teams that should all of them stay in the first six positions.

"Everyone knows that two of these teams are staying outside the top four, last season it was Arsenal and Chelsea and this season two of the six are going to stay outside of the top four.

"Who is the best team of the six? Who is the team with the most potential? Who is the team with the least potential? Who is the team that is performing better? Who is not performing so well?

"I think we will be around the questions and the answers, but I think in the end of the season top six will be done by the six we all know to have the responsibility to finish in the top six."

Mourinho, speaking after Saturday's 2-2 draw with Southampton, told Brazilian outlet RedeTV it would take a "miracle" for United to finish in the top four.

Asked about his remarks, he said: "I don't know if I say or if I didn't but if I used that word is not what I feel at all. We have like eight or nine points from fourth, I don't think we need a miracle at all.

"We need a good run of results, not waste points we shouldn't waste. Last week before Crystal Palace game I told my hopes and targets were end of December to be in that position.

"The target change but in the sense let's try to close the distance best we can and be very close to these positions, I think far from a miracle, we just need to not be so unlucky with problems that we have, we need some players to perform better than they are we need to perform better as a team but far from a miracle."
Inspiring stuff and trying to take aim at Everton's spending and ignoring his own.

Looking forward to playing in the Europa League next year as are our sponsors I'm sure....

Unread 04-12-2018, 05:58 PM
red in cumbria

Would settle for 6th right now, whoever the manager is in May.

Unread 04-12-2018, 06:16 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

The leader of the pack of the also-rans Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Unread 04-12-2018, 06:18 PM
red in cumbria

P B Shelley knew what he was writing about, nqat.

Unread 04-12-2018, 07:02 PM
MagnificentSeven

be lucky to finish that high.

Unread 04-12-2018, 07:05 PM
otbarney

That would mean qualifying for the Europa wouldn't it?

No thanks.

Unread 04-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Lok

It's not reasonable to expect us to finish above teams like Watford, Bournemouth and Leicester without Harry Maguire at the heart of our defence.

If we'd have signed him we'd almost certainly be a good 5pts clear at the top by now.

Feel sorry for Mou tbh.

Unread 04-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Clownbones

Talking about getting 6th in £#%&!ing December

Deeply depressing football. All the players get a load of shit from him every week.

Jose, lots or respect for past achievements, but kindly £#%&! off mate.

Unread 04-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Stone Monkey

6th. £#%&! off

Were closer to relegation than we are to City FFS.

Unread 04-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Sparky***

6th? you £#%&!ing dreamer, jose

Unread 04-12-2018, 08:17 PM
Red Al

He wants the £#%&!ing sack everyone can see that but him and woody having this standoff is just hurting the fans(especially the match goers) and the club as a whole.

Every extra month he stays here it's going to take a further season to repair the damage

Unread 04-12-2018, 08:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
He wants the £#%&!ing sack everyone can see that
He might as well be wearing a t-shirt with "SACK ME!!!" in huge letters at this point

Despite that, wouldn't be totally shocked to see us win tomorrow.......

Unread 04-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Despite that, wouldn't be totally shocked to see us win tomorrow.......
We've sunk to a level so low that we're the potential banana skin for in-form teams like Arsenal. At £#%&!ing home.

Unread 04-12-2018, 08:36 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We've sunk to a level so low that we're the potential banana skin for in-form teams like Arsenal. At £#%&!ing home.

That was Spurs...

Unread 04-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
6th

What a defeatist self pitying @#%&!. I'd expect that shite from Moyes.

The manager of Real, Bayern or even tin £#%&!ing pot Chelsea publicly says that and it's out the door he goes.

It's tragic what is happening to Utd, OOT I may be but I £#%&!ing love the club, its given me some of the most euphoric moments of joy in my life but the state it's in now, from top to bottom, watching Utd is as dreary an experience as you get nowadays.
Few things in life will give you as much joy as Ole poking 'that' goal in or Terry slipping. It's impossible to explain to non-sports fans but £#%&! me it's a thrill.

People go on about United not having a god-given right to win things. Perhaps it's not god-given but when you spend as much as we have you've got to expect a lot more. t's hard to imagine how a team can spend this much money and fail so spectacularly.

I could take glorious failure but this is £#%&!ing painful.

Unread 04-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
6th

What a defeatist self pitying @#%&!. I'd expect that shite from Moyes.

The manager of Real, Bayern or even tin £#%&!ing pot Chelsea publicly says that and it's out the door he goes.

It's tragic what is happening to Utd, OOT I may be but I £#%&!ing love the club, its given me some of the most euphoric moments of joy in my life but the state it's in now, from top to bottom, watching Utd is as dreary an experience as you get nowadays.

I think your avi sums up the feelings of most on here about Utd at the moment

Unread 04-12-2018, 10:27 PM
ziggyman17

If he thinks 6th is the best place we can finish then why is hanging around, it is plain to see he is wanting the sack..

Unread 04-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
If he thinks 6th is the best place we can finish then why is hanging around, it is plain to see he is wanting the sack..
I think he's calling woody out

Unread 04-12-2018, 11:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
I think he's calling woody out
Well what's the £#%&!ing point in that when he's ensuring he won't have a £#%&!ing job by the time the transfer window opens?

Stupid @#%&!. Him not you.

Unread 04-12-2018, 11:36 PM
Lok

"All the teams they got better, Spurs was the team that did not make a direct investment, but the best investment is to keep the top players that you have. So every team got better and we didn't."

How bloody dare they get better. Cheats.
Closed Thread