United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2016, 01:07 AM
Sparky***

Talking Marcus Rashford getting a new contract

£15k a week. Well done, young man. Well deserved.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ible-week.html

Unread 01-03-2016, 01:09 AM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£15k a week. Well done, young man. Well deserved.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ible-week.html

Unread 01-03-2016, 02:23 AM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Incredible. £500 per week, sitting exams knowing he's only one bad injury from possibly having to find another career.

How to change your life in three days

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:49 AM
TheFatGoth

He's overrated imo

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
He's overrated imo
You spurs Dave?

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:54 AM
dragflick

His current one ran out next summer, so makes sense to tie him down tbf. Otherwise you know @#%&!s (city) would be in his ear promising him all sorts..

Unread 01-03-2016, 09:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
His current one ran out next summer, so makes sense to tie him down tbf. Otherwise you know @#%&!s (city) would be in his ear promising him all sorts..
They were all trying to grab him last summer apparently, Chelsea, City, Dippers etc..

Unread 01-03-2016, 12:12 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They were all trying to grab him last summer apparently, Chelsea, City, Dippers etc..
Didn't know that.

Anyway, he's earned his new contract. Well in Rashers.

Unread 01-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

tbf if you see a player looking like he'll do well at united i think it's important to try and jump on that shit asap with some pointless hype/anti-hype - any self-respecting abu mouthpiece would do the same...

Unread 01-03-2016, 12:39 PM
puressence

He needs the new deal tbf when Real Madrid break the bale record deal it'll be all good

Unread 01-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Marlon Van Baron

I couldn't give a flying £#%&! what he has been offered. I am just glad he has signed up and is staying at United. There is something special about this lad, his attitude looks spot on. He has earned whatever has been offered to him, keep it going big rashers

Unread 01-03-2016, 01:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
I couldn't give a flying £#%&! what he has been offered. I am just glad he has signed up and is staying at United. There is something special about this lad, his attitude looks spot on. He has earned whatever has been offered to him, keep it going big rashers
Rashers doing his A-Levels. Bo-Jack getting dropped off at training by his mum.

Great to see.

Unread 01-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Sounds like we actually learned something from the Pogba fiasco.

Unread 01-03-2016, 03:42 PM
S/Side.Red

I thought it was interesting that Van Gaal told Rashford at half time last Thursday to be more disciplined in his running; not to move around so much and play the width of the penalty area. I've wondered over recent months when Rooney has drifted 40-50 yards from goal whether LvG has allowed that, whether Rooney has ignored him or the manager just simply doesn't think he can change.

Obviously they are different players, but last season during our best run in March it was notable Rooney had fewer touches of the ball. He won't have liked it, but maybe again we're seeing LvG coach Rashford into something closer to the ideal role he wants from a striker.

Unread 01-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I thought it was interesting that Van Gaal told Rashford at half time last Thursday to be more disciplined in his running; not to move around so much and play the width of the penalty area. I've wondered over recent months when Rooney has drifted 40-50 yards from goal whether LvG has allowed that, whether Rooney has ignored him or the manager just simply doesn't think he can change.

Obviously they are different players, but last season during our best run in March it was notable Rooney had fewer touches of the ball. He won't have liked it, but maybe again we're seeing LvG coach Rashford into something closer to the ideal role he wants from a striker.
There's always that thing Fergie said about Rooney, not taking tactical instructions very well and playing more on instinct

Unread 01-03-2016, 04:04 PM
Dasilvatwins

"Marcus hurry up we will be late for the game against arsenal".

" chill out cameron i have to learn the quadratic equation first.".

Love the fact hes still bothering to do his A levels theyre working class local kids living adult footballers dreams getting To play for man utd. this is what makes football and manchester united awesome!

Unread 01-03-2016, 04:26 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:

I remember Neville talking about it on Sky. For some unknown reason Rooney has to come looking for the ball if he's not getting many touches. But during that good run last season he did what LvG asked and we looked a different team. If Rooney isn't doing what he's asked to do he should be dropped. Maybe LvG's gonads have shrunk

Unread 01-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Love the fact hes still bothering to do his A levels theyre working class local kids
I did a btec with Paul Lake. All he did was turn up and tell chubby brown jokes

Unread 01-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
There's always that thing Fergie said about Rooney, not taking tactical instructions very well and playing more on instinct
Yet how many times did Rooney sacrifice himself for the tactics which Ferguson employed, especially in bigger games, often playing out wide and be trusted to 'do a job for the team' .And this was before Ronaldo left him for dead as the focal point of the side.

Unread 01-03-2016, 04:31 PM
Grimson

Quote:
I've wondered over recent months when Rooney has drifted 40-50 yards from goal whether LvG has allowed that, whether Rooney has ignored him or the manager just simply doesn't think he can change.
When you think about how many different managers and strike partners Rooney has had, how many different styles and formations etc, you get an idea why managers like young players so much. No competing ideas, no inner comparisons with previous managers, no memories of 'when things were better' or real ideas of their own I'd imagine the conversation with Rashford went like this:

BOSS - Stay more central, stay inside the width of the box
RASHERS - Yes boss.
Closed Thread