United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Pop

£#%&!ing pretentious @#%&!. You could imagine the @#%&! going all Del Boy if he were on a train in France looking to scrounge a book from a passenger....

Mon dieu creme de la menth munchengladbach?

Unread 03-09-2012, 10:13 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
taking it hes not a plus one for the next J gig ?
he will be away. When are you in town next?

Unread 03-09-2012, 10:15 AM
JakeB

No surprise to see him moving to France, he's always got on so well with French players.

Unread 03-09-2012, 10:22 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fair point. He's already started typing in French on his Twitter.

Amid stuff like this:

"Another train journey, another book....."

Such a try hard @#%&!
"here, take a photo while i pretend to read this so i can slap it up on twitter in a minute" :£#%&!er:

Unread 03-09-2012, 10:23 AM
elhombre

i have to admit, i thought he was OK - well mainly from twitter and other things that i've read recently, then i think back to how he pumelled that lad when he was decked in liverpool, then the Dabo stuff and you think differently... odd one.

Unread 03-09-2012, 10:34 AM
RedMenace

L'Equipe have run a big interview with Ousmane Dabo today. He unsurprisingly hates Barton and gives the full details of what he did to him including hitting him 12 times when he was already unconscious.

Unread 03-09-2012, 10:44 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
i have to admit, i thought he was OK - well mainly from twitter and other things that i've read recently, then i think back to how he pumelled that lad when he was decked in liverpool, then the Dabo stuff and you think differently... odd one.
those things happen in the heat of the moment. The Dabo thing had been brewing and he only hit him twice. The altercation outside McDonalds was naughty but who on here hasnt filled someone in on a night out?

Unread 03-09-2012, 10:45 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
he will be away. When are you in town next?
might pop over for din dins with you in the next few days, drop the book off

will bell you

Unread 03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
elhombre

Quote:
those things happen in the heat of the moment. The Dabo thing had been brewing and he only hit him twice. The altercation outside McDonalds was naughty but who on here hasnt filled someone in on a night out?
you can't really use that line - even the everyday man in the street, let alone a £#%&!ing premiership footballer.

and i did say it was an odd one... i didn't necessarily hammer the lad - i was saying the person he is now is completely the opposite of who he was at the time. whether or not it's a genuine change of character, who knows.

Unread 03-09-2012, 12:07 PM
elephantstone

he's grown up a bit now. I think him going to france will give him the opportunity to concentrate on his football and avoid sticking his nose in where its not wanted.

Unread 03-09-2012, 12:17 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Not sure if you're on a wind up but:

From Dabo

Quote:
"But then, as I was turning away to rejoin the training game, Barton thumped me from behind on the right temple. That knocked me down and, while I was falling, he hit me again several times in the face."
From the court case

Quote:
several witnesses said Barton continued to punch Dabo while he lay dazed on the ground.
and then

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/ba...PeQKco2mO6Fp0g

Most people don't do that on a night out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
and i did say it was an odd one... i didn't necessarily hammer the lad - i was saying the person he is now is completely the opposite of who he was at the time. whether or not it's a genuine change of character, who knows.
Last game of the season (not that i want to bring that up) suggests not.

He has a "genuine change of character" after every incident. He does interview well, no question, but he he is and will remain an absolute @#%&!s trick in motion - no question about that either.

Unread 03-09-2012, 12:23 PM
shenwen

Quote:
he's grown up a bit now.
He has, but not sure what he has grown up into is that much better. I admire the lad for wanting to be more than the stereotypical footballer and to educate himself on art, literature and all that. But does he have to bang on about it all the time? Like someone said: a try hard.

Bettering yourself is fine, but do it for yourself, not some bunch of twitter followers and guardian journalists.

Unread 03-09-2012, 03:24 PM
elephantstone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He has, but not sure what he has grown up into is that much better. I admire the lad for wanting to be more than the stereotypical footballer and to educate himself on art, literature and all that. But does he have to bang on about it all the time? Like someone said: a try hard.

Bettering yourself is fine, but do it for yourself, not some bunch of twitter followers and guardian journalists.
this

Unread 17-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Cream

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...eille-friendly

Clean start in Ligue 1.

Friendly

Unread 17-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
tbf, it was a strong tackle in a football match. if it was anybody other than joey la, it wouldn't even warrant a mention.

Unread 17-10-2012, 12:19 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
tbf, it was a strong tackle in a football match. if it was anybody other than joey la, it wouldn't even warrant a mention.
it's a strong £#%&!ing tackle in aussie rules by the look of it.

Unread 17-10-2012, 02:10 PM
elephantstone

they will say that there was a racist undertone to it

Unread 17-10-2012, 05:57 PM
rogieop

why on earth is he barton banned for 12 games in france for something that happened in england.

Also, why the £#%&! is he wearing a bib?

Unread 17-10-2012, 06:04 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
why on earth is he barton banned for 12 games in france for something that happened in england.

That's normal practice. And makes sense too, otherwise you'd just "loan" a player out to a side that played loads of games just to get his suspension over quicker or some such shenanigans. Remember Suarez was still on a ban when he joined the verm, for biting.

And he dribbles when he eats.

Unread 17-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop

Also, why the £#%&! is he playing for Marseille?
Closed Thread