United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
https://twitter.com/co2_of/status/11...357146124?s=21

He’s £#%&!ing turd. Take your man on ffs and whip a cross in get Chilwell in next summer
He put in an awful cross just after that too.

Made a good overlap, it was crying out for a ball fizzed across between keeper and defence and he attempted a cut back to nobody that hobbled and bobbled to the first man.

Terrible.

Theres still big question marks over him at both ends of the pitch.

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Sapien

Sweaty £#%&!er too. Dripping with it after 5 minutes.

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
https://twitter.com/co2_of/status/11...357146124?s=21

He’s £#%&!ing turd. Take your man on ffs and whip a cross in get Chilwell in next summer
Cross to who? Doesn’t look like anyone’s in the six yard box? Ball to Lingard was the one.

Why do we always need a whipping boy?

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Cross to who? Doesn’t look like anyone’s in the six yard box? Ball to Lingard was the one.

Indeed.

Certainly don’t think he was great yesterday, and the new lad definitely showed him up in terms of fitness.

But digging him out over not putting in a cross to nobody there? Bizarre.

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:23 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Indeed.

Certainly don’t think he was great yesterday, and the new lad definitely showed him up in terms of fitness.

But digging him out over not putting in a cross to nobody there? Bizarre.
So it was a conscious decision not to put a cross in

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Martial and Rashy were both stood behind him tbf.

Could always cross to the back stick for a towering header from Pereira obvs.

The ball to Lingard was the one.

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Well, yes. Do you know what conscious decision means?

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:33 PM
Vedder

There’s nobody in the box because they know he’s shit and won’t try and beat his man and cross. They know he’s gonna cut it back every time

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Ethers

Quote:
There’s nobody in the box because they know he’s shit and won’t try and beat his man and cross. They know he’s gonna cut it back every time
Surprised you’re showing your face on here tbh after shitting out of that bet the other day

Although probably a good thing you did if yesterday was anything to go by #Barely20BetweenThem

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:40 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Surprised you’re showing your face on here tbh after shitting out of that bet the other day

Although probably a good thing you did if yesterday was anything to go by #Barely20BetweenThem
It was mostly tongue in cheek ffs. Show my face? you take this way to seriously pal. I couldn’t give a £#%&! if I’m wrong or not. I’ve already commented in that thread saying the bet is off jokingly. I hope I’m proven wrong obviously.

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
reminds me of one foot Valencia this description.

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:47 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Well, yes. Do you know what conscious decision means?
Let me think? Conscious decision my arse. Tactically the lad is so weak it is untrue. Would not get in any top 6/8 team.

Unread 12-08-2019, 09:50 PM
Ethers

Quote:
It was mostly tongue in cheek ffs. Show my face? you take this way to seriously pal. I couldn’t give a £#%&! if I’m wrong or not. I’ve already commented in that thread saying the bet is off jokingly. I hope I’m proven wrong obviously.
Thought the use of a hashtag on here would have indicated I wasn’t being entirely serious tbf, evidently not.

Unread 12-08-2019, 10:14 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

The problem isn’t not crossing it, it’s that he shits out of it as he does too often

Even though Wan-Bissaka is still a bit raw in the final third he would have in that position taken on the defender and tried to make something happen

It’s all in Shaw’s head because a young Luke Shaw would have committed that defender every time

Unread 12-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The problem isn’t not crossing it, it’s that he shits out of it as he does too often

Even though Wan-Bissaka is still a bit raw in the final third he would have in that position taken on the defender and tried to make something happen

It’s all in Shaw’s head because a young Luke Shaw would have committed that defender every time
Is that all down to Shaw though, or is it partly down to the previous manager making him so scared to make a mistake that he’ll generally go for the safer option every time?

(Again, don’t actually agree in this particular instance, he has little chance of beating the defender from a standing start)

Unread 12-08-2019, 10:30 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Is that all down to Shaw though, or is it partly down to the previous manager making him so scared to make a mistake that he’ll generally go for the safer option every time?

(Again, don’t actually agree in this particular instance, he has little chance of beating the defender from a standing start)
How many months since Ole came in?
Sorry not buying it, I actually think it’s more to do with his leg break that came from him doing an aggressive attacking run into the box
His attacking has never been the same since

The pass was played slightly in front of him by Martial to encourage him to take it on but his whole body position was to go backwards rather than take it on the burst
I’ve defended Shaw on here when he was being bullied by Jose but sorry that’s just not good enough

He needs to be told (in a constructive way) that he has to change his mentality going forward

Unread 12-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
How many months since Ole came in?
Sorry not buying it, I actually think it’s more to do with his leg break that came from him doing an aggressive attacking run into the box
His attacking has never been the same since

The pass was played slightly in front of him by Martial to encourage him to take it on but his whole body position was to go backwards rather than take it on the burst
I’ve defended Shaw on here when he was being bullied by Jose but sorry that’s just not good enough

He needs to be told (in a constructive way) that he has to change his mentality going forward
They never come back the same after an injury like that.

Unread 12-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Clownbones

He seems to have this reputation as attacking.

He isn't.

Unread 12-08-2019, 10:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
He seems to have this reputation as attacking.

He isn't.
Don’t think he ever will be either.

Unread 12-08-2019, 10:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Disagree. The short pass to Lingard was the right choice and he missed that. Beating your man and crossing is useless if nobody is there.

AWB is being compared but he didn't have many ideas going forward, for all his endeavour. He just looks a lot sharper.

United's combination play yesterday was very poor in general. Shaw's an easy target but they were mostly not on the right page.
Closed Thread