United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 12-04-2019, 06:00 PM
NinoyAquino

A Wong for lunch today. My favourite restaurant in London - highly recommend.

Unread 28-04-2019, 01:19 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Copenhagen is ace for food, definitely. Check out Sanchez, it's near the meatpacking district.

Anyway, went to La Bendera in town yesterday afternoon for what turned out to be a very boozy do. Spanish place recommended by bro in laws as itís a haunt of some of the city squad.

Was very poor. Place reminded me of an upmarket cafe- zero atmosphere and grim looking.

Did the tasting menu - poo - 2 out of 10. Weirdly the front of house guy was convinced he knew me from attending clubs in the 2,000ís. I went along with it (knowing it wasnít me) and mentioned that I remembered him from going to long legs. He didnít laugh. Neither did the mrs Keith and the in-laws.

Ended up in Iberica later on and they were only prepared to serve us one drink. Still canít work it out - we werenít loud or out of control - there was perhaps a little Ďmild stumblingí but that was it.

Quite shocked.

Great day but not to be recommended.

Unread 28-04-2019, 02:21 PM
Knockers

I went there a few years ago and thought it was ok. I was led to believe Mata and Herrera had an interest in the gaff but that was probably bollocks. Going to Guardiolaís place on King St, Tast, next Sat night...

Need a venue around there for the post-scran drink. Iím thinking Corbieres or Gas Lamp...

Unread 28-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Never eat Spanish.....

Unread 28-04-2019, 02:24 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hema
Never been there but in Copenhagen a lot on business. Always go for local food myself. Fantastic restaurants all over the city. Crave it when not there.
Going tomorrow - will probably eat fuck all.

Unread 30-04-2019, 05:08 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Going tomorrow - will probably eat fuck all.
Excellent Beyond Burger and plantain fries in the Two Monkeys washed down with some IPA,

Unread 30-04-2019, 12:56 PM
Baron

Had lunch at one of the only 2 decent restaurants in the general vicinity of where I'm currently residing - L'Oculto on Sunday.

Given the location, it has no right to be so fucking good. The boquerones especially made me dribble.

The whole meal would have been twice as good if I was drinking, the missus went mental for one of the reds. Took a bottle home, added 30% to the final bill - thanks love If she drinks it before I'm off the wagon I'll cut her.

Unread 30-04-2019, 02:00 PM
no fun

Any of you fortunate enough to live in south manchester should try here

https://zitano.co.uk/

Ok itís in chorlton and you have to pretend your not sexist, but the food was really good and the portions were large (Ooh er missus)

Unread 30-04-2019, 02:05 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Ok itís in chorlton and you have to pretend your not sexist, but the food was really good and the portions were large (Ooh er missus)
worth it just for this guy

its actually not. fuck him.

Unread 30-04-2019, 02:06 PM
jaffo

Christ almighty