United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2021, 11:51 AM
tatty

Once City get past McFred it’s going to be a free-for-all with our back 4.

If Ole has got any sense he’ll pack the defence and midfield with Cavani up front on his own.

Damage limitation.

Unread 04-11-2021, 08:13 PM
red in cumbria

A reminder for some that city lost at home to Crystal Palace in their last PL game.

Yes, there is a very good chance they will win - but form wise they are some way short of Liverpool and Chelsea so far this season.

Unread 04-11-2021, 08:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
A reminder for some that city lost at home to Crystal Palace in their last PL game.

Yes, there is a very good chance they will win - but form wise they are some way short of Liverpool and Chelsea so far this season.
How often, in the last 5 years that Guardiola has been in charge, have City lost back to back league games?

Unread 04-11-2021, 08:23 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
How often, in the last 5 years that Guardiola has been in charge, have City lost back to back league games?
So you’re saying they’re due?

Unread 05-11-2021, 12:55 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
How often since being in charge has Ole lost to Pep in the league?

Unread 05-11-2021, 03:41 PM
Dasilvatwins

I like to think we will be better against city than the scousers. They tend to force us to play deep and counter and it might just fall into our hands. No varane and lindelof, if he goes three at the back might see The Scottish Player play there and have Fred matic Bruno as the CMs?

I hope we win and if we do lose , let’s just pray it’s not a mauling like the scousers .

Unread 05-11-2021, 04:00 PM
Tuco

Default Ole has a plan for tomorrow

He is a tactical genuis.

Unread 05-11-2021, 04:18 PM
dunk

Need Hendo behind Dave for the ones he chucks in

Unread 05-11-2021, 04:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Need Hendo behind Dave for the ones he chucks in

Unread 05-11-2021, 04:42 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I like to think we will be better against city than the scousers. They tend to force us to play deep and counter and it might just fall into our hands. No varane and lindelof, if he goes three at the back might see The Scottish Player play there and have Fred matic Bruno as the CMs?

I hope we win and if we do lose , let’s just pray it’s not a mauling like the scousers .
I hope we win too. If we can keep it tight, not do anything stupid, and maybe nick a goal we can win it.

Unread 05-11-2021, 04:44 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
I hope we win too. If we can keep it tight, not do anything stupid, and maybe nick a goal we can win it.
The big call is whether he goes rashford/ronaldo or cavani/ronaldo. I’m leaning towards rashford as I think he would do more with his pace on the counter

Unread 05-11-2021, 04:50 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
The big call is whether he goes rashford/ronaldo or cavani/ronaldo. I’m leaning towards rashford as I think he would do more with his pace on the counter
Martial. YHIHF

Unread 05-11-2021, 05:40 PM
AK14

Quote:

I fancy us to get something tbh

Like you say they set up in a way that we can get at them.

2-2

Unread 05-11-2021, 06:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

2-2
Our biggest weakness is probably shoddy defending, the corners , set pieces , massive gaps. If city play how they normally do we will have 11 behind the ball and if we play as compact as we did vs Tottenham then we really do have a chance.

Psychological I also think we have their number. That being said all it takes is one or two players start pressing when the rest aren’t and all hell breaks loose

Unread 05-11-2021, 06:27 PM
Jethro

Quote:

2-2
Crowd will be up for it from kick off. I reckon we'll nick it. City certainly aren't a patch on previous seasons. Palace made it look easy at times.

Unread 05-11-2021, 07:07 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Our biggest weakness is probably shoddy defending, the corners , set pieces , massive gaps. If city play how they normally do we will have 11 behind the ball and if we play as compact as we did vs Tottenham then we really do have a chance.

Psychological I also think we have their number. That being said all it takes is one or two players start pressing when the rest aren’t and all hell breaks loose
Steady on, we've now got a top set pieces coach don't you know

Unread 05-11-2021, 07:25 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
I hope we win too.
Me too

Unread 05-11-2021, 08:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Crowd will be up for it from kick off. I reckon we'll nick it. City certainly aren't a patch on previous seasons. Palace made it look easy at times.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we nicked it late on after they passed the ball in front of our back 9 for 90 minutes.

Saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if they spanked us by a few.

Unread 05-11-2021, 08:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if we nicked it late on after they passed the ball in front of our back 9 for 90 minutes.

Saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if they spanked us by a few.
I watched the other night, they’re not firing as they were, but they’re still very effective. They pick holes in teams as ever and I can’t see them not opening is up with ease several times. They’ll score at least twice.

Unread 05-11-2021, 09:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
How often since being in charge has Ole lost to Pep in the league?
Tbf that's not the best argument against either
Closed Thread