United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 63 53.85%
Sack 54 46.15%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2024, 08:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
I don't think people are basing this off two £#%&!ing games mate. We've been shambolic for a year
People saying they want him potted *because* of today, though.

You are correct, the question is how much of it is bad luck and how much down to the manager.

Though an unlucky manager doesn't win stuff, which is why I voted for change.

Old 07-04-2024, 08:45 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Anyone voting in now is either related to the manager or too busy kicking balls to know ball

Old 07-04-2024, 08:53 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
I don't think people are basing this off two £#%&!ing games mate. We've been shambolic for a year
This.

I've voted twice to keep him because I'd thought we'd improve and I wanted continuity. But, seeing the same shit, every £#%&!ing game where we're dominates and lucky to get a win or a draw or even keep the score down - it's not going to change, is it?

Its shocking how bad we are at the very basics. Injuries are a decent excuse/reason but when other teams have Injuries, they still don't play anything as badly as we do. Can anyone voting stay, please tell us how many games in this entire season we've looked totally in control and a class above our opposition?

Old 07-04-2024, 09:10 PM
Zorg

Really terrible week. Three matches in a row thrown away at the death with stupid mistakes, idiot players switching off and absolutely bizarre subs. Two points from what should have been 9.

It just doesn't look like the players believe in him, sadly.

Old 07-04-2024, 09:34 PM
silv

Don’t want to waste Mainoo and Garnacho’s talents on Ten Hag

Old 07-04-2024, 09:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Really terrible week. Three matches in a row thrown away at the death with stupid mistakes, idiot players switching off and absolutely bizarre subs. Two points from what should have been 9.

It just doesn't look like the players believe in him, sadly.
It's been a shocking couple of months tbh. 1 win the last 6 games we're in hopeless form.

We had a tiny bit of momentum going and then, as usual, we get hit by a load of injuries to key players and everything went down the toilet.

Old 08-04-2024, 07:13 AM
magic_cantona

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-unsustainable

Old 08-04-2024, 07:42 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
yeah not up for that brand of football thanks

Old 08-04-2024, 08:05 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
yeah not up for that brand of football thanks
If you look at expected points for this season, we are in 15th. Which gives you an indication of how much we are riding our luck and how brutal we have been.

A complete lack of control every week. Nothing is ever done to address any of the issues we see.

Old 08-04-2024, 08:11 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Surely it can’t be a deliberate strategy from ten hag to give opposition teams all the time and space they want? But if it isn’t, what exactly is the strategy? Genuinely have no idea.

I get we’re a counter attacking side - I think that’s a sad indictment of where we’re at as a club when we’re playing some of the worst teams in the league - but hay ho. But the rest of it - the openess, the inviting other teams to have copious amounts of space and time - completely baffles me. And everyone else it seems.

Old 08-04-2024, 08:14 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Surely it can’t be a deliberate strategy from ten hag to give opposition teams all the time and space they want? But if it isn’t, what exactly is the strategy? Genuinely have no idea.

I get we’re a counter attacking side - I think that’s a sad indictment of where we’re at as a club when we’re playing some of the worst teams in the league - but hay ho. But the rest of it - the openess, the inviting other teams to have copious amounts of space and time - completely baffles me. And everyone else it seems.
armers called it a while ago tbf

Old 08-04-2024, 08:46 AM
believe

Once again we field a team that man for man I think we’re either equal or better than the opposition yet play like we’re the underdog from start to finish. That’s the management nothing else, not the Glazers or Fred or the WiFi, just the management.

Old 08-04-2024, 08:50 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Once again we field a team that man for man I think we’re either equal or better than the opposition yet play like we’re the underdog from start to finish. That’s the management nothing else, not the Glazers or Fred or the WiFi, just the management.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5dimF5s...NtOGF5ZXd4Ymln

(Him, not you)

Old 08-04-2024, 10:21 AM
silv

Quote:

he's taking the piss with that.

Old 08-04-2024, 10:24 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
he's taking the piss with that.
yeah, but... that's just.... like... your point of view, man.

Old 08-04-2024, 10:34 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kubis View Post
Jem is a forum legend.

How dare you call him a @#%&!.

there's a false dichotomy if ever I saw one.

Old 08-04-2024, 10:44 AM
Finport Red

Quote:

Maybe the players are having difficulty understanding the phrase “start from behind”

Old 08-04-2024, 11:23 AM
shenwen

The only playing style that is clearly jumping out is to sit back, absorb pressure, allow a shot load of shots at goal and fingers crossed we get them on a break. And when we are in possession, empty the midfield so when we inevitably lose the ball the opposition can stroll toward goal.

Could be 5D chess from the genius who got Ajax to a CL semi, but as the article says, doesn't quite feel sustainable.

Old 08-04-2024, 11:31 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
The only playing style that is clearly jumping out is to sit back, absorb pressure, allow a shot load of shots at goal and fingers crossed we get them on a break. And when we are in possession, empty the midfield so when we inevitably lose the ball the opposition can stroll toward goal.

Could be 5D chess from the genius who got Ajax to a CL semi, but as the article says, doesn't quite feel sustainable.
You say that but we’ve managed to sustain it for the last 8 months

Old 08-04-2024, 11:32 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post

I might buy it if we were top of the league, or even remotely near it.
Or if we hadn't put in one of the worst champions league performances of all time.