United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2014, 08:21 PM
luminova

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
The pressure is really on this bluffer, you can see it in his face, never mind a win against a championship side, if they lose to the Arse it will be a joy to behold

Unread 19-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Clarkie

Apparently it all kicked off later on in the presser.

It's embargoed at the moment though

Unread 19-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Sparky***

not coming in laughing a joking anymore are you brendan you £#%&!ing fraud.

Was it last christmas he was waltzing into pressers handing out glasses of bubbly to all the journos, laughing and joking?

Unread 19-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Was it last christmas he was waltzing into pressers handing out glasses of bubbly to all the journos, laughing and joking?

saw on ssn that the whole press conference only lasted about 4 mins.

arse seen.

Unread 20-12-2014, 12:38 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
his post-match stuff last night was appalling.
They were playing Bournemouth ffs

He was going off as if they'd put Bayern Munich to the sword

more small-time shite. imagine fergie going on like that if we'd just done £#%&!ing bournemouth in a league cup game.

Unread 20-12-2014, 04:04 AM
Clarkie

What I £#%&!ing loved about his post match interview on Wednesday was, he kept saying how tactically great they were....

Translation: I done the tactics, we won!

#@&%!!!

Unread 20-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
What I £#%&!ing loved about his post match interview on Wednesday was, he kept saying how tactically great they were....

Translation: I done the tactics, we won!

#@&%!!!
This... They beat £#%&!ing Bournemouth and he thinks he's a tactical genius.

The other night it was a British coach playing 3-4-3 so he has probably thrown the team together. ‘He has played seven midfielders?’ If it was a foreign coach it would probably have been seen as a wonderful tactical idea of playing the game. ‘Sterling playing through the middle – what is he doing? [Lazar] Markovic out wide?’ But that is the key for us – trying to get the players in position who can make us effective.”

Unread 20-12-2014, 11:13 AM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
This... They beat £#%&!ing Bournemouth and he thinks he's a tactical genius.

The other night it was a British coach playing 3-4-3 so he has probably thrown the team together. ‘He has played seven midfielders?’ If it was a foreign coach it would probably have been seen as a wonderful tactical idea of playing the game. ‘Sterling playing through the middle – what is he doing? [Lazar] Markovic out wide?’ But that is the key for us – trying to get the players in position who can make us effective.”
Was going to post this. What a quote, what a tw#t.

Unread 21-12-2014, 09:03 AM
djsst

Quote:
“A British coach playing 3-4-3? He must have fallen upon that system, a bit of luck . . .” said Rodgers, sarcastically. “Not that I might have been awake studying into the early hours thinking, how can we do it? A foreign coach would be a tactical genius. Playing [Lazar] Markovic wide and Sterling as a free No 9, moving with penetration. Playing with a box midfield and a back three. I must have just dreamt that and thrown them out there.”
Come on Arsenal.

Unread 21-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 21-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Kent Brockman

"A British coach playing 3-4-3? He must have fallen upon that system, a bit of luck . . .” said Rodgers, sarcastically.

He's so deluded that he now thinks he's British.

Unread 21-12-2014, 11:39 AM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
"A British coach playing 3-4-3? He must have fallen upon that system, a bit of luck . . .” said Rodgers, sarcastically.

He's so deluded that he now thinks he's British.
the full quote

“I know how it goes,” he said. “Six or seven months ago I was the manager of the year and I was going to be this and that, tactically this and tactically that, and now, because we have lost two world-class players, I am useless. But I accept that. I must have just dreamt that about Liverpool playing 3-4-3 in the last game [the Capital One Cup victory at Bournemouth]. What do people think that was, a bit of luck? A British coach playing 3-4-3? A foreign coach doing that would be a tactical genius. I imagine people think I fell into that system through a stroke of luck or something.

“Not that I might have been awake into the early hours of the morning thinking of a solution to our problem. We played with a box midfield and a back three, with [Lazar] Markovic wide and [Raheem] Sterling as a free No9, but it took some thought. I didn’t just throw them out there.”

“If you look at the speed in our game the other night, the tempo and intensity of our pressing and work, it was much closer to what we had last season.” he said. “People have been looking at us and seeing we haven’t been as dynamic, but there are simple reasons for that. We have lost two big players and it has taken a bit of time to try and recover our way of working. You get players sometimes who are just a massive loss to a group. Look at the way Dortmund have struggled this season after losing Robert Lewandowski. We haven’t lost one such player, we have lost two.”

I really hope Arsenal bury them but, have a horrible feeling the scouse luck will kick in, again

Unread 21-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Vedder

He's really losing it. Broken man.

Unread 21-12-2014, 11:47 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
the full quote

“I know how it goes,” he said. “Six or seven months ago I was the manager of the year and I was going to be this and that, tactically this and tactically that, and now, because we have lost two world-class players, I am useless. But I accept that. I must have just dreamt that about Liverpool playing 3-4-3 in the last game [the Capital One Cup victory at Bournemouth]. What do people think that was, a bit of luck? A British coach playing 3-4-3? A foreign coach doing that would be a tactical genius. I imagine people think I fell into that system through a stroke of luck or something.

“Not that I might have been awake into the early hours of the morning thinking of a solution to our problem. We played with a box midfield and a back three, with [Lazar] Markovic wide and [Raheem] Sterling as a free No9, but it took some thought. I didn’t just throw them out there.”

“If you look at the speed in our game the other night, the tempo and intensity of our pressing and work, it was much closer to what we had last season.” he said. “People have been looking at us and seeing we haven’t been as dynamic, but there are simple reasons for that. We have lost two big players and it has taken a bit of time to try and recover our way of working. You get players sometimes who are just a massive loss to a group. Look at the way Dortmund have struggled this season after losing Robert Lewandowski. We haven’t lost one such player, we have lost two.”

I really hope Arsenal bury them but, have a horrible feeling the scouse luck will kick in, again
Who's the 2nd player they've lost?

Unread 21-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Who's the 2nd player they've lost?
That world beater Sturridge I think he's on about

Unread 21-12-2014, 11:53 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
That world beater Sturridge I think he's on about
Ah, he's whinging about an injury. I wonder how he'd cope if every player in his squad had been injured at some stage of the season.....

Unread 21-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
the full quote

and it was against Bournemouth for £#%&!s sake... Not Real Madrid. The big throbbing #@&%!.

Unread 21-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgers

“If you look at the speed in our game the other night, the tempo and intensity of our pressing and work, it was much closer to what we had last season.” he said. “People have been looking at us and seeing we haven’t been as dynamic, but there are simple reasons for that. We have lost two big players and it has taken a bit of time to try and recover our way of working. [/i]
They beat Bournemouth.

Unread 21-12-2014, 12:26 PM
djsst

Quote:
“He is another kid who is going to get destroyed [if the press has its way]. He has just turned 20. He was the extra log on the fire for us last year
Log on the fire ?
Why does he talk like this ?

Unread 21-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff

more small-time shite. imagine fergie going on like that if we'd just done £#%&!ing bournemouth in a league cup game.
He seemed quite happy to let journos assume he was a bumbling idiot who shouted his players towards victory.
Closed Thread