United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I don't rate Lumplard at all, but he's won titles and has scored consistently from midfield.

Drogba was a beast, and one of the best forwards the league has seen IMO. Not saying he's top 10, or even top 20, but he's probably top 30.

Notice I put 'etc', so there's loads more players I'd put in that group that I couldn't be arsed to write down. I didn't even mention Ruud, and he's the best striker the league has seen.

Put your red-tinted binoculars down, you misogynist £#%&!.

Misogynist? Wtf are you on about?

you compiled a bullshit table and an even worse list of names and got pulled for it. It happens

Go on, in what way am I a misogynist?

Unread 30-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Listed 17th and 18th, tbf
Wasn't in any particular order tbh, pol. Like I said, I didn't even mention Ruud, who I'd put above all those players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
The guy is in a different class to those 2 and many of the others mentioned (including one who he listed above him in the top 5) even mentioning Drogba for example in comparison to Giggs is about as mental as I have ever heard.
Is there something wrong with you?

When did I compare any of those players to Giggs? My post listed the top 5 players in Premier League history, followed by a selection of random names who are well outside that group.

Unread 30-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Zorg

Thumbs down

Hates women does Mao, absolutely hates them.

Unread 30-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Wasn't in any particular order tbh, pol. Like I said, I didn't even mention Ruud, who I'd put above all those players.

Is there something wrong with you?

When did I compare any of those players to Giggs? My post listed the top 5 players in Premier League history, followed by a selection of random names who are well outside that group.
So why list them then? You were implying they were near your bullshit list! Keane and Eric were 'more consistent' I suggest you look up the meaning of the word, you obviously don't understand it.

Unread 30-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Hates women does Mao, absolutely hates them.
Ah, is Neo a bird?

I honestly wasn't aware. Good to see she threw the misogyny card in there at the earliest opportunity though :£#%&!er:

Unread 30-11-2013, 05:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Ah, is Neo a bird?
Nah.

Unread 30-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Tiberian

Henry and Ronaldo are the 2 best in the history of the PL on top level reached, Henry around 2003/4 was unlucky not to win one of the major individual prizes, scored 30 goals+ 7 seasons in a row for Arsenal, incredible player.

Unread 30-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Nah.
In that case, why am I a misogynist Neo?

Unread 30-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Neo

Quote:
So why list them then? You were implying they were near your bullshit list! Keane and Eric were 'more consistent' I suggest you look up the meaning of the word, you obviously don't understand it.
I listed them because they have (seemingly to your chagrin) all been very good Premier League players, but also to highlight how good my top 5 have been to be ahead of them.

Also, I never said Cantona was more consistent. Keane most certainly was though. Giggs has had plenty of 7/10 seasons, whereas Keane rarely had less than an 8/10 game during his prime, just like Scholes.

Bottom line is, during Giggs' peak years he was probably our 4th best midfielder, and he's never been our best player. His longevity has obviously been miraculous though, and for that alone he gets into the top 5. It's a fair argument IMO.

Unread 30-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I listed them because they have (seemingly to your chagrin) all been very good Premier League players, but also to highlight how good my top 5 have been to be ahead of them.

Also, I never said Cantona was more consistent. Keane most certainly was though. Giggs has had plenty of 7/10 seasons, whereas Keane rarely had less than an 8/10 game during his prime, just like Scholes.

Bottom line is, during Giggs' peak years he was probably our 4th best midfielder, and he's never been our best player. His longevity has obviously been miraculous though, and for that alone he gets into the top 5. It's a fair argument IMO.
Fair enough, I disagree with Keane being above him in the top 5 and probably took your list in a way it wasn't intended. For that I apologise.

I still don't understand why I'm a misogynist though and neither do my 7 wifelings

Unread 30-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Neo

Quote:
I still don't understand why I'm a misogynist though and neither do my 7 wifelings
Aren't you the guy with a reputation for bullying female Fredsters?

Apologies if I've got things mixed up.

Unread 30-11-2013, 06:17 PM
The Return of JC

Never understood the Lampard hate. Sky-pointing aside, I don't see what's so unlikeable about him. Been one of the most effective players of the last ten years and is a good pro and speaks well.

I particularly enjoyed Neo suggesting the red specs come off while listing his top five PL players that exclusively contains united players

Henry has to be in there. Ridiculously good around 2004. Him or ronaldo, for me. Giggs' is obviously in there for longievity and the way he's adapted and remained successful.

Unread 30-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
He would be top 5 on natural talent alone for me. Others have been more consistent, more productive, but for making the game beautiful to watch and inspiring awe he has had few peers. I pity the kids these days who only really know him from perhaps 30+, still great to watch but no amount of Youtube compilations can replicate that electricity in his game from his prime years.

OT on a European night in the 90's, early 00's Giggs picks up the ball and the whole stadium comes alive, that collective intake of breath will always stay with me.

Unread 30-11-2013, 06:29 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He would be top 5 on natural talent alone for me. Others have been more consistent, more productive, but for making the game beautiful to watch and inspiring awe he has had few peers. I pity the kids these days who only really know him from perhaps 30+, still great to watch but no amount of Youtube compilations can replicate that electricity in his game from his prime years.

OT on a European night in the 90's, early 00's Giggs picks up the ball and the whole stadium comes alive, that collective intake of breath will always stay with me.
Well said, Tibs. People can easily get lost in stats and forget the aesthetic nature of some players. Giggs slalom-style run and balance was a joy to behold in his prime. That Juve goal at OT in the 3-2 win perhaps the best example.

Unread 30-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Aren't you the guy with a reputation for bullying female Fredsters?

Apologies if I've got things mixed up.
I have a reputation for 'bullying' Erica because I pointed out this isn't a dating site.

It was me who introduced Newsie to this place ffs as she is a friend of a friend!

I'm no misogynist, I just got pissed off on one occasion that a thread was being diverted by flirting between Draggers (or Elhombre, they were both sniffing) and Erica. I may have overstepped the mark but a frustrated rant doesn't make me a serial @#%&!.

I certainly don't hate women and it certainly doesn't warrant comments nearly 18 months later :shakehead:

Unread 30-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
I have a reputation for 'bullying' Erica because I pointed out this isn't a dating site.

It was me who introduced Newsie to this place ffs as she is a friend of a friend!

I'm no misogynist, I just got pissed off on one occasion that a thread was being diverted by flirting between Draggers (or Elhombre, they were both sniffing) and Erica. I may have overstepped the mark but a frustrated rant doesn't make me a serial @#%&!.

I certainly don't hate women and it certainly doesn't warrant comments nearly 18 months later :shakehead:
having a pop at the blokes now. this guy's a real piece of work.

Unread 30-11-2013, 11:12 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
having a pop at the blokes now. this guy's real piece of work.
Hermaphrodites next, you watch him. No boundaries this @#%&!, absolutely none. He'll be taking the piss out of their 'what the £#%&!s' before you can say 'sweet Jesus, actually what the hell is that?'

On top of that, he introduced a Liverpool supporting nick jnr cartoon character to the forum.

This guy

Unread 30-11-2013, 11:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Hermaphrodites next, you watch him. No boundaries this @#%&!, absolutely none. He'll be taking the piss out of their 'what the £#%&!s' before you can say 'sweet Jesus, actually what the hell is that?'

On top of that, he introduced a Liverpool supporting nick jnr cartoon character to the forum.

This guy
Superb

Talking of newsie, didn't she also storm off in a huff for a bit earlier this year? 2013 has been awesome for Fred flounces, nqat

Unread 01-12-2013, 12:14 AM
ZiggyStardust

People judge attacking players purely on goals these days but assists are almost as important and that is where Giggs has always excelled

He tops the all time premier league assists table and they only go back as far 2003 so imagine how many he has throughout his career

I'd love to know the all time champions league assists table as he must be top of that too

Unread 01-12-2013, 05:08 AM
believe

more lists ffs. I'm £#%&!ing sick of them.
Closed Thread