United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Should Manchester United look to sell Paul Pogba this Summer?
Yes 86 88.66%
No 11 11.34%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2021, 06:32 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I get where you're coming from in the most part, Neo, but there comes a point when you need to show respect to your club, its management, your team mates and the fans. I've always wanted Pogba to succeed and keep thinking 'this will be his season'. But the noise coming from his representative suggesting that he wanted out and now seemingly intent on running out his contract is bad form. Maybe good on a personal finance level and for those of the people around him, but thats what represents a lot of what is bad about the world in general, along with the sport.
Thing is, I find the whole idea of him 'disrespecting the club' massively overblown. Not like he's openly gone on strike, put in a transfer request, downed tools and fallen out with teammates and the coaching staff.

He's a simpleton who has a bad agent that manipulates all his players. I think Pogba has similar intelligence levels to a Balotelli, who is another player that Raiola controlled virtually entirely.

I try and look at the evidence in front of me, and all I see is a player that Ole loves, a player that Deschamps loves, and a player that is extremely popular amongst all his teammates.

Raiola will only be trying to get the best deal for himself, so will be worm-tonguing about PSG and Madrid if he thinks he'll get a bigger slice of the pie. Not much more to it than that IMO.

Unread 11-08-2021, 06:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Thing is, I find the whole idea of him 'disrespecting the club' massively overblown. Not like he's openly gone on strike, put in a transfer request, downed tools and fallen out with teammates and the coaching staff.

He's a simpleton who has a bad agent that manipulates all his players. I think Pogba has similar intelligence levels to a Balotelli, who is another player that Raiola controlled virtually entirely.

I try and look at the evidence in front of me, and all I see is a player that Ole loves, a player that Deschamps loves, and a player that is extremely popular amongst all his teammates.

Raiola will only be trying to get the best deal for himself, so will be worm-tonguing about PSG and Madrid if he thinks he'll get a bigger slice of the pie. Not much more to it than that IMO.
I don’t think he’s a bad lad and a lot of people project the player onto the person. Because he’s a flashy player who can be a bit careless and lazy, that’s turns into him being like that as a player.

I think he’s a bit dim and the timing of some of his statements, media stuff can be a bit “come oooon, maaate”. Dying your hair blue on derby day when you’ve been linked with city, for example…

…but, as you say, the noises from the club are that he’s being a good professional.

The problem is that fat #@&%! of an agent and Pogba’s continued association with him.

Oh, and the fact he’s been largely shit since he’s been here. When a player is consistently linked with a move away, but they’re not even doing it on the pitch, it’s always going to create a feeling of “fine. Just go”.

Unread 11-08-2021, 06:48 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Think that's about right. We should have a list of these agent vermin and just refuse to deal with them, if you sign up with them you'll never play for man utd, end of. Some #@&%! who's never kicked a ball in his life bullying us over players is a joke. If we did that a lot of other clubs would follow and at least put the squeeze on them.

Unread 11-08-2021, 07:10 PM
Red_Rizla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
The under 23s comment was a bit throw away. I also like the way it's going and when Ole has cleaned out the people who aren't bothered about playing for utd we'll be there or there abouts. He's had a lot to do, between the club structure and what he inherited in the playing staff, but it looks like he's on with it. I wonder how much time fergle is involved, assume it's quite a lot.
I understand. I think back to Keane and his criticism of fancy-Dans. Pogba is one of those, as is Lingard. As you rightly say in a later post (I think) - the image/influencer/ designyourowndugs/ social media types - I have no time for them, no matter what their skill/potential. As for Raiola - he and his ilk are a cancerous growth on football. It is one reason I would not be sorry to see Pogba leave, and another why I would rather search for an alternative to Haaland. And whilst I am on one, poncy coloured boots and stupid hairstyles can do one too!

Unread 11-08-2021, 07:14 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

£#%&! me, I agree with you.

Unread 11-08-2021, 07:26 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Birds of a feather and all that

Unread 11-08-2021, 07:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
How does he/his agent expect to he will be received by a full crowd at OT when he's treating the club like this? The guy will be hated.
Most will forgive him in the short term if he actually produces on the pitch at least reasonably regularly.

There will surely be few now who won't be relieved when he finally does go, though - what a high maintenance #@&%!.

Unread 11-08-2021, 07:43 PM
tatty

I'll be pissed off if he turns in some phenomenal performances before walking off on a free.

I'd rather he continued the same level of shitness he's shown since he re-signed.

Unread 11-08-2021, 07:51 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
So you agree Raiola is a problem, but have his prized asset as your avatar?

#KoppasLogic

Unread 12-08-2021, 09:54 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Not necessarily the worst assessment, but it all hinges on pogba being a simpleton

Unread 12-08-2021, 10:27 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
So you agree Raiola is a problem, but have his prized asset as your avatar?

#KoppasLogic
I still have hope he sacks Riola off by the time he arrives at Carrington next summer.

Unread 12-08-2021, 10:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
I still have hope he sacks Riola off by the time he arrives at Carrington next summer.
I promise you he won’t, he’s sold his soul to the devil. And he won’t.

Unread 12-08-2021, 10:40 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I promise you he won’t, he’s sold his soul to the devil. And he won’t.
I know that (but I can still hope).

He might fall of a yacht into the middle of the Atlantic for all I care.

Unread 12-08-2021, 10:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
I know that (but I can still hope).

He might fall of a yacht into the middle of the Atlantic for all I care.
The Robert Maxwell solution? I like it..

Unread 12-08-2021, 05:54 PM
saffers

Simply incredible that we are 2 days away from kick off and he still hasnt been sold.

Either sign the contract or leave asap.....

Do you really want this guy and his agent undermining the club at every turn for one final season?

Unread 12-08-2021, 07:00 PM
dunk

Are you familiar with concept of supply and demand?

Unread 15-08-2021, 02:39 PM
Sparky***

Unread 15-08-2021, 02:42 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Assumption being that Real can afford him.

Unread 15-08-2021, 03:21 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Via Sky Sports' "Paper Talk" section, with the actual source being the Daily Star.

Unread 15-08-2021, 04:19 PM
armchair

I don't think Varane arriving is a coincidence. They are good pals too apparently. I think he'll decide in the summer or if things are going well he'll commit to the "project."
Closed Thread