United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Hour ?

Search thread > Advanced search > username > page 1

1 Minute....

I’d suggest you get better at using the site.....if your going to use it as a red barometer it would help if you could get about it.

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:04 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Now that is funny tbh

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

this is hard to watch. poor guy is cornered and wounded.

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
You won’t like what I posted then pal...

Although when his goal went in I did mention that I could hear you shout “f*** YOU” to many of the haters

Sadly I missed the game due to work, had to catch up on the fun afterwards. Couldn't even get a sneaky earphone in to listen to the game

I find one of our hated players scoring key goals to be vastly amusing. Fellaini has done it numerous times, conflict.

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:09 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Strangely enough it’s the players that lose the player they’re marking on corners and not the managers

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Sadly I missed the game due to work, had to catch up on the fun afterwards. Couldn't even get a sneaky earphone in to listen to the game

I find one of our hated players scoring key goals to be vastly amusing. Fellaini has done it numerous times, conflict.
I was all over him first half tbh...

Soon as the goal went in it was like his LVG days all over again for me

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
I was all over him first half tbh...

Soon as the goal went in it was like his LVG days all over again for me
He will become a cult hero yet I tell ya.

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:19 PM
dragflick

AK through the thread like...

Gotta admire it tbh.

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Gotta admire it tbh.
His confidence has been immeasurably buoyed by his wild prediction at HT in the match thread coming true..

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:24 PM
AK14

Quote:

Gotta admire it tbh.
Mr.Bean..

Mourinho...

Draggers confirming he hates the clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
His confidence has been immeasurably buoyed by his wild prediction at HT in the match thread coming true..

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
Agree with all that, and who knows Pep might go into one of his melt down phases. Imperative that Utd start fast and keep the pressure on them.
I think it’s important to be measured. I’ve given Mou some stick this year, and I’ve hated some of the football and tactics we’ve served up, but it’s too easy to get momentum going in one direction and not see the bigger picture sometimes. We’ve just beaten Chelsea, Liverpool and City in short order and should get high 80’s points total. Even a blind man has to name that as some sort of progress. Maybe Mourinho has it right; hard to beat then sort out the style.

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:30 PM
Buck

Quote:

Gotta admire it tbh.
More like...

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:30 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Mr.Bean..

Mourinho...

Draggers confirming he hates the clique

Let's not get carried away...

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:31 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I'm not Mourinho's biggest fan but the second half on Saturday gives me hope that he might now get it.
I leapt off the sofa.... cried tears of joy.... hugged the rodent liaison officer..... moved my figurine of chris smalling to the front of the tribute shelf..... gobbed on an imaginary city badge (in the sink; I'm not an animal)..... but I had to interrupt my week-long lap of honour to say......

really? based on £#%&!ing what, exactly?

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:56 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Yeah, always found those posts that come later complaining about peoples reaction in the match thread to be odd. It is in the moment reactions, of course it is going to be hyperbolic and overblown with wild swings of mood, it is part of the fun.

Reminds me, I should go back and check on the swing from the forum wishing death on Smalling to when he gets the winner.
Exactly this. All part of the fun and theatre of the match day thread. Usually enjoy it in the moment when watching at home. If watching out, catch up later - usually jumping in about 10 mins before the turning point for the max effect.

Obviously it's at its best when we manage to pull it out of the bag - and i might not bother if we have a bad day.

End of the day this isnt RAWK - we dont ban people for not supporting the player/team/manager like Stalin might demand or lock match day threads - honesty & hysteria and belief & hyperbole - its all in the game.

Unread 11-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
In his first season he won fewer games and finished lower in the league than the season prior.

But carry on...
That’s not what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
great example of the hole you can dig yourself so you have no option but to ignore the manager's shit plan.
Mourinho’s criticism of the players the other week was that they can’t handle the expectation. Being in a hole frees them from that expectation.

I don’t know whether that’s the case or not. Do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
ak14 stop being coy. when you said some posters were sad we won, or weren't online after the game. we know who you meant. have the balls to name names if you're going to be a bitch about things.
Probably those who saw their arse when they read it.

Unread 11-04-2018, 03:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Didn't Saffers go Awol for days after the Sevilla game, only to make a valorous, blustering return after the bravery of the Brighton performance?
TIbs and Saffers. Once united by their disdain for the Big Man now thoroughly divided by Mou's hoofball.

Story of the year.

Unread 11-04-2018, 03:28 PM
Ethers

Gif