out 17 17.35%
in 81 82.65%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2021, 12:55 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
What i'm going on about is your complaint that Ole hasn't been provided with a DM. He has been provided with a £75m winger that, in my opinion, given the level Greenwood is playing at, we don't actually need.

What i'm suggesting is that Ole wanted that £75m winger, and he prioritised that over getting a DM.
It was more likely that Greenwood was going to be playing more as a centre forward this season, but when it became obvious that Ronaldo was going to leave Juve and he would be willing to come to us, we had to get a deal done. It's inbalanced the squad a bit, but it was a signing that had to be made.

The midfield is probably an issue with the heirarchy because the club has spent about £300 million on midfielders of varying success in the past 5 or so years (most of it before Ole was manager). And with the majority of that £300 million still at the club and eating into the wage bill, there's probably some reluctance to release any more funds to splash out on that position.

Unread 17-09-2021, 12:56 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
What the £#%&! are you on about

We're only a month into the season and currently top of the league as it stands, and we exceeded expectations last season finishing second and reaching a final. We've also been able to strenghen the squad again this season. We should've won the Europa League, and really we shouldn't have been knocked out of the Champions League to even be able to get to the final, and we should've signed a midfielder. But describing our current circumstances as "...this shit..." because we lost a game with 10 men is a tad overdramatic.
We exceeded expectations by reaching the final of the Europa league?

£#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 17-09-2021, 12:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
It was more likely that Greenwood was going to be playing more as a centre forward this season, but when it became obvious that Ronaldo was going to leave Juve and he would be willing to come to us, we had to get a deal done. It's inbalanced the squad a bit, but it was a signing that had to be made.

The midfield is probably an issue with the heirarchy because the club has spent about £300 million on midfielders of varying success in the past 5 or so years (most of it before Ole was manager). And with the majority of that £300 million still at the club and eating into the wage bill, there's probably some reluctance to release any more funds to splash out on that position.
And this.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:00 PM
92ToBury

Ole in until we fail to get out of the group stage.

No more matches on plastic pitches.
Please no more Lingard stinking the team up.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:04 PM
Jethro

We wont have another match like Young Boys nqat. Nothing more than a blip.

We'll flip flop till Xmas then go on a mega run Also Young Boys will get pasted at OT.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:04 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
We exceeded expectations by reaching the final of the Europa league?

£#%&!ing idiot.
Wind it in pal, no need to start being a @#%&! about it. You know exactly what I mean. You didn't vote where you thought we'd finish last season, but I'd put good money on you not voting second in the league.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

It really didn't. Certainly not in priority over CM.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Wind it in pal, no need to start being a @#%&! about it. You know exactly what I mean. You didn't vote where you thought we'd finish last season, but I'd put good money on you not voting second in the league.
You’ve got that thread constantly opened in a separate tab haven’t you?

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Last season we went stretches with Dan James being our main attacking outlet and managed to draw 0-0 7 times. Of course Sancho was a signing that had to be made

We should’ve been signing at least one CM as well, however the current market level and lack of options meant that we didn’t. Frustrating, but we have to crack on.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
We wont have another match like Young Boys nqat. Nothing more than a blip.

We'll flip flop till Christmas then go on a mega run Also Young Boys will get pasted at OT.
Said the same recently

Just hope we stay close enough to make that run count because I can see it being a pretty £#%&!ing good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Last season we went stretches with Dan James being our main attacking outlet and managed to draw 0-0 7 times. Of course Sancho was a signing that had to be made
The defence rescued some points that’s for sure…

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:14 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
I don't think we got Ronaldo instead of a midfielder, I think we weren't getting a midfielder no matter what.

If you mean Sancho, then I kind of agree, but only in hindsight because we ended up signing Ronaldo. After the Ronaldo signing if you offered me Sancho or a midfielder, then it's the latter nqat. But before signing Ronaldo I would've said we need a right winger and midfielder equally as much.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The defence rescued some points that’s for sure…
Cost us plenty too. The first choice attack pulled us out of the shit most games, just didn’t have the depth to do it all season.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:18 PM
windy waffles

£#%&! me, do people not get bored of going over the same points over and over again? Do some of you not have work to do?

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:20 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

We should’ve been signing at least one CM as well, however the current market level and lack of options meant that we didn’t. Frustrating, but we have to crack on.

A DM to cover our weakness didn’t need to be a marquee signing though, we prioritised keeping Mata, lingard,Bailly and VdB rather than raise moderate monies by sales

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:22 PM
dinger

Just about still IN until the inevitable struggles home & away at Villareal & Atalanta . Added to that by that stage we will probably be off the pace in the league, probably be gone by new year.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
A DM to cover our weakness didn’t need to be a marquee signing though, we prioritised keeping Mata, lingard,Bailly and VdB rather than raise moderate monies by sales
You need Bailly as 4th choice CB, vdB deserves a second season to try and force his way in, they tried to flog Lingard and Mata is basically a mascot.

I can’t believe there isn’t a midfielder out there that would’ve improved us tbh, but they’ve clearly ID’d Rice and Camavinga and it was them or bust.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:30 PM
jem

no problem with signing sancho and ronaldo.

the real problem with the midfield is that we spent a lot of money of fred and d.on. there are people* who will tell you that mcfred was promising for a while, but donnie was a player we didn't need (even he were better than he is). we should have at least two credible dms.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:38 PM
atticusgrinch

I think everyone's got a bit of CL PTSD after getting knocked out last season by some Turkish goat herders and then seeing the divs and Chelsea contest the final.

It's not been easy for us. We're fragile ATM. We need to trust in our clueless overlord and pray for some miracles.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:44 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
2nd, 3rd it 4th.. does it matter now? It didn’t when Mourinho was in charge.

Unread 17-09-2021, 01:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
2nd, 3rd it 4th.. does it matter now? It didn’t when Mourinho was in charge.
Because everything about the club under Mourinho was a living hell.
Closed Thread