United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2014, 05:20 AM
believe

Thumbs up Not Qualifying for Europe could be the best thing to happen for us

And I know how much of a cop out that sounds but think about it. We're in desperate need of an overhaul but too many times last season we had to rely on the old guard/system to try and guarantee results (even if they didn't come)

Next season. the new man gets to make his changes without the distraction of Europe, where despite the fanciful thinking, no manager would swap winning games to blooding youngsters.

One game a week for the most part, for the new manager to make all the changes we desperately need and eradicate the memory of the last twelve months.

I can not £#%&!ing wait for August.

Unread 12-05-2014, 05:27 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
And I know how much of a cop out that sounds but think about it. We're in desperate need of an overhaul but too many times last season we had to rely on the old guard/system to try and guarantee results (even if they didn't come)

Next season. the new man gets to make his changes without the distraction of Europe, where despite the fanciful thinking, no manager would swap winning games to blooding youngsters.

One game a week for the most part, for the new manager to make all the changes we desperately need and eradicate the memory of the last twelve months.

I can not £#%&!ing wait for August.
Its a very fresh start nqat.

If you cant finish 4th, you want to finish 7th, id have been gutted if wed had to play in the Thursday Sunday tin pot trophy next season

Genuinely think we have a great chance of winning the league again if:
  • we appoint Van Gaal or Ancelotti (I kno the later is not as popular)
  • We trim the squad
  • We add 3-4 players into the starting 11 mix

All of which I believe will happen. Im £#%&!ing buzzing at the thought of dishing out some payback next season already

Unread 12-05-2014, 05:55 AM
guerreiro

Delighted we don't have Sunday games, as it means I don't have to stay up till 2am to watch them live. OOT reds!

Well done Moyes.

Unread 12-05-2014, 06:30 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

If Moyes managed somehow to have reaches 4th, we would have him for at least another year, who knows it may have been more. More shit buys and aimless football culminating in a long term slide in standards.

I just £#%&!ing hope it's not ancelloti.

Unread 12-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Mr Castro

It could be a good thing. One game a week benefitted Liverpool well (that and no injuries) so undoubtedly there are upsides to it. We won't need as many players, just ones good enough to help us win the title next season.

Unread 12-05-2014, 07:32 AM
Bunker Buster

Wouldn't of minded the Europa

Unread 12-05-2014, 07:34 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
It could be a good thing. One game a week benefitted Liverpool well (that and no injuries) so undoubtedly there are upsides to it. We won't need as many players, just ones good enough to help us win the title next season.
I'm not even talking about winning the title though. I'm talking about finding our best team, getting the most out of the likes of Mata, Adnan, Rooney, Jones etc and creating another side that can dominate while playing some decent football along way.

Unread 12-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Mr Castro

Quote:
I'm not even talking about winning the title though. I'm talking about finding our best team, getting the most out of the likes of Mata, Adnan, Rooney, Jones etc and creating another side that can dominate while playing some decent football along way.
Yeah I'm certain that will happen because we won't need to chop and change now. The odd bit yeah, but there's no "champions league in the week" to consider.

Unread 12-05-2014, 08:24 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Four quality players in, at least six shitheads kicked out.

The players will be buzzing when they return for pre-season and LvG has them practising with a football and is encouraging them to pass the £#%&!ing thing.

Unread 12-05-2014, 08:26 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

The players will be buzzing when they return for pre-season and LvG has them practising with a football and is encouraging them to pass the £#%&!ing thing.
Be like this when Kluivert walks out with a bag of balls

Jones when they're released

Unread 12-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

if van gaal isn't announced this week though... it won't happen.

Unread 12-05-2014, 08:33 AM
JakeB

Quote:

Unread 12-05-2014, 08:35 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Unread 12-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Spock

Quote:

Bravo bellers

Unread 12-05-2014, 08:54 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 12-05-2014, 08:59 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:

That's possibly your best ever post

Unread 12-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Wouldn't of minded the Europa
Exactly. Managed the right way - ie giving the 'kids' some experience - it wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world. Plus the odd decent trip it would have only been £#%&!ing awful under Moyes, but ding dong, the wicked witch of the North is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That's possibly your best ever post
Shows the general quality of his posts tbf

Unread 12-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA

Unread 12-05-2014, 09:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
stop trying to ruin Liverpool losing the league day.

edit: you too, you melted welly head @#%&!.

Unread 12-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
stop trying to ruin Liverpool losing the league day.

edit: you too, you melted welly head @#%&!
Closed Thread