United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-05-2023, 09:49 AM
magic_cantona

Lindelof is an absolutely different player when Maguires not around. What a display.

We play some £#%&!ing great football at times. There's going to be a really formidable team here if the right players are brought in to accompany the quality we have now.

Unread 01-05-2023, 09:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Lindelof pushes varane for a starting place for me.....

Solid centre back, less injury prone, more athletic...

Unread 01-05-2023, 10:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Lindelof has always been a better defender than Maguire. He has his flaws, but you won’t find a better ‘second choice’ centre back in the league.

Hope we can keep him around and sell the big doofas captain.

Unread 01-05-2023, 11:19 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

I think that’s fair tbh. Varane is good but a tad on the overrated side for me.

Unread 01-05-2023, 11:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Lindelof has always been a better defender than Maguire. He has his flaws, but you won’t find a better ‘second choice’ centre back in the league.

Hope we can keep him around and sell the big doofas captain.
Saying something like that 2019-20 was red rag to a bull to a few on here .

It was clear that he suffered massively from playing next to that £#%&!ing lummox and his game deteriorated as a result. Same for Shaw tbf.

Unread 01-05-2023, 11:27 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Saying something like that 2019-20 was red rag to a bull to a few on here .

It was clear that he suffered massively from playing next to that £#%&!ing lummox and his game deteriorated as a result. Same for Shaw tbf.
Maguire makes everyone around him anxious and subsequently worse. He’s not good enough individually, he doesn’t elevate the team or individuals and he’s not the right type of player for an ETH team.

Apart from that, he’s alright.

Unread 01-05-2023, 11:29 AM
dunk

He was an horrendous signing. Quite a few called it at the time tbf. Should’ve kept Smalling.

He’s probably been worse than anybody imagined possible though.

Unread 01-05-2023, 11:35 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Gotta say Bunksy is spot on here. If the French fanny (yes, another) can barely put in a full season.

Evaluate.

Unread 01-05-2023, 11:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Gotta say Bunksy is spot on here. If the French fanny (yes, another) can barely put in a full season.

Evaluate.
He's not wrong here either..

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=17

Before pen had been put to paper..

Unread 01-05-2023, 12:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

I don't want to drag up that thread, a horrid time when the rumours started....

Unread 01-05-2023, 12:13 PM
dunk

Quote:

I don't want to drag up that thread, a horrid time when the rumours started....
I feel your pain

Unread 01-05-2023, 12:17 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Evaluate.
The French fanny ffs

Clown.

Unread 01-05-2023, 12:27 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The French fanny ffs

Clown.
Have a day off from being a @#%&!.

@#%&!.

Unread 01-05-2023, 01:05 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Have a day off from being a @#%&!.

@#%&!.
I will do when you have a day off from being dense.

Unread 01-05-2023, 04:02 PM
BigJim

The more I think about it, that was a great result. Given the context of top 4 and Liverpool-Spurs to follow, it was huge. they had a few chances, but we largely dominated and I didn't realise they had 26 points from their last 10 games.

Unread 01-05-2023, 05:33 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
The more I think about it, that was a great result. Given the context of top 4 and Liverpool-Spurs to follow, it was huge. they had a few chances, but we largely dominated and I didn't realise they had 26 points from their last 10 games.
They’re a very good side right now. I think it shows how strong we are at home tbh. Like you say, restricted them to not much at all. Mission for next season is build on the strength at home, and start to do the same away against the better sides. It’s a solid platform to build on.

Unread 01-05-2023, 05:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
They’re a very good side right now. I think it shows how strong we are at home tbh. Like you say, restricted them to not much at all. Mission for next season is build on the strength at home, and start to do the same away against the better sides. It’s a solid platform to build on.
We’ve got the best defence at home in the entire league. Unbeaten in our last 26 games in all competitions.

Unread 01-05-2023, 05:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
Definitely. Really pleased with our intensity early on. Sabitzer in midfield gave us so much more control and we cut off their supply well. Still the same old problem of not killing teams off, but that’s the next phase of our progress and we just needed to win. Cracking result and as Ethers says, testament to our home form.

Spurs, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Villa all seen off.

Unread 01-05-2023, 06:23 PM
Medlock

Imo Lindelof is too soft to be anything more than a back up. Unfortunately, to be a back up to Varane means playing 30 plus games a season in all comps

Unread 02-05-2023, 12:04 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
I will do when you have a day off from being dense.
Dense, for making the observation that we have another injury prone French player?

Try addressing the post for once in your life instead of your sneering trigger name calling and snides.