United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Time For Heroes

Default Team v Stoke

Surprised not to see one since we're all desperate for some proper football now that International shite is over until next March (I think).

DeGayers

Raffers
Rioers
Evansers
Evras (I suppose as he played ok last time).

Clevers
Carrers
Kaggers
Andersoners

Rooners
VPers

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Baron

Seems OK, I'd be happy to see Ando out & Valencia in - Rooney as the 10 & Kags more left, just til big Kaggers gets his eye in.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:50 PM
MJ Ramone

There's no chance of that team taking the field tomorrow.
During the 2 week lay-off Fergie will have completely forgotten how well we played at Newcastle & the reasons why we played well.
Rooney & VP won't start together - Cleverley & Kagawa won't start together.

De Gea

Rafael
Rio
Evans (assuming he's fit)
Evra

Giggs
Scholes
Carrick
Valencia

RVP
Pea

...Stoke will take the piss tomorrow with high balls & set pieces. De Gea did alright against them last year but he looked shakey as £#%&! at St James' ...big game for him tomorrow - although Fergie will probably pick Linda come to think of it...

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

De Gea
Rafael
Ferdinand
Evans
Evra
Valencia
Carrick
Cleverley
Scholes
Welbeck
Van Persie

No idea who's available but... Hopefully not either of the formations we used at Newcastle. Spare Rooney the bruises and bring him back for Braga.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

the soggy shithouse has said ashley young will 'figure'

i think we can say goodbye to the diamond experiment.

Young on the left, Valencia on the right. carrick and scholes in the middle. 2 of 4 up front. Might be enough to win at home to stoke but it won't be progressive at all. Just hope stoke have already given up.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
the soggy shithouse has said ashley young will 'figure'

i think we can say goodbye to the diamond experiment.

Young on the left, Valencia on the right. carrick and scholes in the middle. 2 of 4 up front. Might be enough to win at home to stoke but it won't be progressive at all. Just hope stoke have already given up.
Stoke are vulnerable down the sides of the penalty box and United will exploit that using wide players and full-backs. £#%&! the diamond off. And £#%&! the 4-5-1 off that we went to as well. Should've had 4 penalties in the corresponding game last season, for example.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:57 PM
PaulParkers

They'll 'Everton' the £#%&! out of us.

As long as Rooney and Young don't play I'll be happy enough. Until the game kicks off.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Sloppy

Wonder if he will rest the players involved with poland.Can see them starting on the bench.

DDG

RAFAEL
EVANS
RIO
EVRA

ANDERSON
SCHOLES
GIGGS
FLETCHER

RVP
HERNANDEZ

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Stoke are vulnerable down the sides of the penalty box and United will exploit that using wide players and full-backs. £#%&! the diamond off. And £#%&! the 4-5-1 off that we went to as well. Should've had 4 penalties in the corresponding game last season, for example.

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Wonder if he will rest the players involved with poland.Can see them starting on the bench.

DDG

RAFAEL
EVANS
RIO
EVRA

ANDERSON
SCHOLES
GIGGS
FLETCHER

RVP
HERNANDEZ
scary!

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Scabs

Oh, are we back to the Prem then? About £#%&!ing time.

My Handsome

Rafael
Evans
Rio
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Cleverley
Scholes

Rooney
RvP

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:23 PM
The Return of JC

Cool

This has Tombola written aaaall over it. Scholes will probably start. I can see rests for Cleverley and RVP after busy weeks. I reckon we'll see something like:

DDG

RAFAEL
EVANS
RIO
EVRA

VALENCIA
SCHOLES
ANDERSON
GIGGS

WELBECK
ROONEY

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
This has Tombola written aaaall over it. Scholes will probably start. I can see rests for Cleverley and RVP after busy weeks. I reckon we'll see something like:

DDG

RAFAEL
EVANS
RIO
EVRA

VALENCIA
SCHOLES
ANDERSON
GIGGS

WELBECK
ROONEY
A team more than capable of putting 3/4 past Stoke

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:27 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Three quarters of a goal? Sounds about right.

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Sadly no United team with Giggs & Schloes starting together is capable of anything any more. It's over & has been for some time.
Hopefully our manager will cotton on to it fairly soon

International Football is an absolute £#%&!er.
If we'd played Stoke a week after Newcastle it would have been 'same again' ...a bit of consistency & momentum for a @#%&!ing change.

Expect wholesale changes, sluggish tempo, flair players benched & a disjointed, unconvincing performance.

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:35 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Sadly no United team with Giggs & Schloes starting together is capable of anything any more. It's over & has been for some time.
Hopefully our manager will cotton on to it fairly soon

International Football is an absolute £#%&!er.
If we'd played Stoke a week after Newcastle it would have been 'same again' ...a bit of consistency & momentum for a @#%&!ing change.

Expect wholesale changes, sluggish tempo, flair players benched & a disjointed, unconvincing performance.
Would you take that if he played a team akin to the one at Newcastle next week at chelsea?

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:37 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
They'll 'Everton' the £#%&! out of us.

As long as Rooney and Young don't play I'll be happy enough. Until the game kicks off.

Why? Was mint against Newcastle.

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:38 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Would you take that if he played a team akin to the one at Newcastle next week at chelsea?
No because I think you should pick your best team every single week.
He should play Rooney, Cleverley, Van Persie & co tomorrow & against Chelsea a week on Sunday.

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:43 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
No because I think you should pick your best team every single week.
He should play Rooney, Cleverley, Van Persie & co tomorrow & against Chelsea a week on Sunday.
Way to bottle the question!

I agree, the thing is, he WILL pick Scholes and Giggs at times. Theyre members of the squad. My issue is more how and when he uses them. Picking Giggs at Anfield and starting them BOTH against Spurs was suicide. In a sense, if he is going to pick them, id rather he did it tomorrow against a Stoke team that will sit back, than next week.

Unread 19-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Jethro

24 hours to go and the doom is rolling
Closed Thread