United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Whalefish

Gone very quiet on the DoF talk too, perhaps stuff going on behind the scenes but until they're in post I still have doubts it'll happen.

Unread 06-01-2019, 12:10 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
In addition to the above we need to £#%&! Lukaku and Alexis off and get a couple of useful forwards, definitely someone for the right. Need someone as an alternative to Pogba as well.

Could do with a couple of full backs too.
Absolutely.

Unread 06-01-2019, 12:13 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I think Lingard is fine. Every team needs a water carrier.

You're probably right about Herrera but under a good manager I think he'll improve greatly. I also fear that too many new players is going to upset the apple cart.
Nah. Your first choice 11 will rarely play every game, plenty of time for Jesseh and Herrera to play, for instance, but when it comes to it you want much better when it counts. Need a proper wide attacker for the right and a proper ball playing CM with a bit of bite and energy.

Unread 06-01-2019, 12:24 AM
Whalefish

Ndombele would do as one of the midfielders. Although the thought of Ed at al trying to sign one of their best talents (their number 6 isn't bad either) off Aulas makes me wince.

Unread 06-01-2019, 12:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Ndombele would do as one of the midfielders. Although the thought of Ed at al trying to sign one of their best talents (their number 6 isn't bad either) off Aulas makes me wince.
Him and a double raid on Ajax for de Ligt and De Jong

Would take Tete the RB from Lyon too..

Time Werner from RB leipzig to add to the forward line as well, please.

Then Jadon Sancho just to piss City off

Unread 06-01-2019, 01:03 AM
Sparky***

A right back. Dear god. A right back.

Unread 06-01-2019, 06:59 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Wouldn't be surprised if one of the big clubs had a go at Doucoure this month. It's definitely an area we could do with someone asap.
is that the lad from watford ? been on him for over a year amazed hes still at watford

im hearing eriksen will come with poch and possibly maddison from leicester

Unread 06-01-2019, 09:04 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
is that the lad from watford ? been on him for over a year amazed hes still at watford

£#%&! off.

You're hearing... was in the MEN two days ago.

Maddison ffs.

Unread 06-01-2019, 09:43 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
£#%&! off.

you're hearing... Was in the men two days ago.

Maddison ffs.
hearing ? Doucoure pardon

Unread 06-01-2019, 10:16 AM
The Stella Fella

2 fullbacks and a rampant CDM (Kante)

That would be a super foundation and defence would improve massively even without a new CB.

Unread 06-01-2019, 10:40 AM
ziggyman17

Quote:

Turn off your hearing aid.........

Unread 06-01-2019, 06:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Gothers is bad enough for that FFS.

Unread 06-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Gone very quiet on the DoF talk too, perhaps stuff going on behind the scenes but until they're in post I still have doubts it'll happen.
When Poch signed a new deal back in 2016 he had his title changed from Head Coach to Manager and also had Spurs get rid of their DoF role (Paul Mitchell I think it was from reports I didn’t read).

Are we to read anything into that? Not for me to say

Unread 06-01-2019, 06:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
When Poch signed a new deal back in 2016 he had his title changed from Head Coach to Manager and also had Spurs get rid of their DoF role (Paul Mitchell I think it was from reports I didn’t read).

Are we to read anything into that? Not for me to say
Quote:
Mitchell had worked closely and productively with Pochettino at Southampton and the reasons for his decision to leave Tottenham are not linked to any breakdown with the Argentinian.

He had simply had enough at White Hart Lane and the frustrations were so great and the job satisfaction so little that he chose to inform the board of his desire to quit.

It has been suggested that Mitchell struggled to work with the chairman, Daniel Levy, the notoriously hard-line negotiator, who has long taken a hands-on role in player recruitment. Mitchell will now serve a period of notice, which will include the remainder of the summer transfer window. He is a diplomatic but fiery character and, once his mind is made up, there can be no changing it.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...uits-nightmare

I think Mitchell will be high on the list of targets for a DoF tbh.
Closed Thread