United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-01-2018, 02:41 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Much as I want us to dominate again, there is a part of me that wonders if it’s truly worth it if it involves jumping feet first into this revolting whirlpool of grubby money.
Yep let's not spend any money and give it to the wonderful owners instead

Unread 08-01-2018, 02:41 PM
RemisMoses

I think the scousers have pulled a blinder.
Nobody seems to have noticed they have already replaced him in the summer with Salah. They have that lad coming from RB and they have van dyke. Probably have a few quid left over for a keeper. They look in prime position to be no1 challenger next year imo. It could be 10 + years of City and the scousers swapping the title between them, so that's something to look forward too.

Unread 08-01-2018, 02:51 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Yep let's not spend any money and give it to the wonderful owners instead

Unread 08-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
Nobody seems to have noticed they have already replaced him in the summer with Salah. They have that lad coming from RB and they have van dyke. Probably have a few quid left over for a keeper. They look in prime position to be no1 challenger next year imo. It could be 10 + years of City and the scousers swapping the title between them, so that's something to look forward too.
That escalated quickly.

Unread 08-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Yeah, they replaced their best player with another guy.

They've come close to winning the title once in a decade. They need to be adding to quality, not replacing it like for like. Hardly a blinder unless their intention is to stay between 4th and 6th and never win a trophy.

Unread 08-01-2018, 02:56 PM
TheKitchenSink

He's already injured

Unread 08-01-2018, 02:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
What!?

Unread 08-01-2018, 03:01 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Yeah, they replaced their best player with another guy.

They've come close to winning the title once in a decade. They need to be adding to quality, not replacing it like for like. Hardly a blinder unless their intention is to stay between 4th and 6th and never win a trophy.

Another guy He's doing ok from what I've heard. I don't think getting £140m for a kid they paid £7m for is a reason for us to laugh at them. Its really good business. They were levering Courtinho into the team in Centre Mid recently as they couldn't get him in up top. And they have Keita coming in for that midfield spot. Courtinho was virtually surplus to their requirements.

Unread 08-01-2018, 03:07 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Another guy He's doing ok from what I've heard. I don't think getting £140m for a kid they paid £7m for is a reason for us to laugh at them. Its really good business. They were levering Courtinho into the team in Centre Mid recently as they couldn't get him in up top. And they have Keita coming in for that midfield spot. Courtinho was virtually surplus to their requirements.
So £75m on Keita, who had a good season in Germany and has done nothing else of note, plus £75m for Van Dijk. That's the Coutinho money spent. They don't look any closer to winning the league to me.

Unread 08-01-2018, 03:08 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Well I wouldn’t go that far but I certainly don’t think it’s a disaster for them. If they manage to get a top class keeper and another decent defender it could be time to start getting a bit worried again

Unread 08-01-2018, 03:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Won't be saying that when they get pulverised by City on Sunday. Again.

Unread 08-01-2018, 03:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
So £75m on Keita, who had a good season in Germany and has done nothing else of note, plus £75m for Van Dijk. That's the Coutinho money spent. They don't look any closer to winning the league to me.
They’ll beat City at the weekend.

Unread 08-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
They’ll beat City at the weekend.
Hope so. Should make that scouse @#%&! Remismoses happy.

Unread 08-01-2018, 03:17 PM
andyroo

It's hard to say which outcome is more humiliating for us. I guess Liverpool winning would annoy me more, so that's what's going to happen.

Sure as £#%&! won't be watching.

Unread 08-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Tiberian

£140 million FFS.

In a year the entire frame of reference for prices has changed. Where are we at moving forward? £50 million for a squad player, £75-100 mill for a competent starter, £150 mill for a star, £200 mill+ for an elite player?

Burn it all down.

Unread 08-01-2018, 03:47 PM
RemisMoses

It wont let me quote posts but thanks to the lad who actually took the post in the manner I meant it. its not a time to be joyous and laugh at them for making 132M on a player.As mentioned It could be almost time to start maybe getting worried a bit.

Keita may of only played 1 year in Germany but he's highly thought of, I've never seen him play to be honest. I suppose you could say Salah only had 1 decent season in Italy and he seems to have hit the ground running. They replaced Coutinho with Salah as Salah plays wide right where Coutinho usually played. I suppose if we are lucky they could be forced to sell Salah for 200m at the end of the season, then we could have another good laugh at them for closing down the financial gap between us.

They wont miss Coutiniho at all, they have had a year to prepare for it and they have prepared really well.

Unread 08-01-2018, 03:51 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
It wont let me quote posts but thanks to the lad who actually took the post in the manner I meant it. its not a time to be joyous and laugh at them for making 132M on a player.As mentioned It could be almost time to start maybe getting worried a bit.

Keita may of only played 1 year in Germany but he's highly thought of, I've never seen him play to be honest. I suppose you could say Salah only had 1 decent season in Italy and he seems to have hit the ground running. They replaced Coutinho with Salah as Salah plays wide right where Coutinho usually played. I suppose if we are lucky they could be forced to sell Salah for 200m at the end of the season, then we could have another good laugh at them for closing down the financial gap between us.

They wont miss Coutiniho at all, they have had a year to prepare for it and they have prepared really well.
but that money is great if you find the next player to fill that void on the cheap. Not many teams are going to let anyone go that easily knowing you have 150mil in the bank even if the player is average as £#%&!.

Unread 08-01-2018, 04:00 PM
Sapien

Quote:

Ysb

Unread 08-01-2018, 04:13 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
but that money is great if you find the next player to fill that void on the cheap. Not many teams are going to let anyone go that easily knowing you have 150mil in the bank even if the player is average as f***.

The void is filled. They have already replaced him with Salah, who is doing better than Phil ever did. They have already spent the money as they knew a year ago he was going to Barca and didn't want to get stung in the way you mention.

If we could buy someone for 7m and sell him for 140m we would have hundreds of millions to spend. It certainly beats us scraping around for sponsors. They are closing the financial gap between our clubs unfortunately.
Closed Thread