United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Coincidentally wasn't 2004 the only time United won the FA Cup since 1990 where it was the only success that season. All other FA Cup wins throughout the 1990's and 2000's were part of doubles and treble's. Hence the open top bus tours.

An FA Cup win and finishing 17 points behind Leicester does not warrant an open top bus tour around Manchester imo. Honestly how many people would bother attending? It would be as embarrassing as City's title winning parade a few seasons back.
I'd attend, but that's probably because I'm local and not a spoilt little bastard counting success via premier league title challenges...

Unread 15-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I'd attend, but that's probably because I'm local and not a spoilt little bastard counting success via premier league title challenges...
This

Cup win has always been an Alberto Sq job

Unread 15-05-2016, 03:00 PM
ScarFace

No doubt the bus will be delayed,

Unread 15-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
No doubt the bus will be delayed,

Unread 20-05-2016, 04:11 PM
ScarFace

no

Due to the Great Manchester Run and England's international friendly against Turkey at the Etihad Stadium both taking place on Sunday, United did not approach Manchester council over a possible parade.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....arebar_twitter

Unread 20-05-2016, 04:42 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/ma...-value-fa-cup/

Sure that will cheer bellers up

Unread 20-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
This

Cup win has always been an Alberto Sq job

Unread 20-05-2016, 08:35 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
no

Due to the Great Manchester Run and England's international friendly against Turkey at the Etihad Stadium both taking place on Sunday, United did not approach Manchester council over a possible parade.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....arebar_twitter
Oh great I've got to catch a train from Piccadilly at half eleven, are they shutting the roads for the £#%&!ing fun runners?

Unread 20-05-2016, 10:51 PM
red in cumbria

They didn't approach the bert controlled city council because they knew what the the response would be, tbf

Unread 21-05-2016, 01:19 AM
Denis Irwell

Let the lads have an extra night on the lash in London and parade Mundeh night

Didn't we do a midweek one after the Brighton replay or even the Palace replay?

Unread 21-05-2016, 07:21 AM
Red Al

We should have one and fans who think that only the PL or CL warrants one are spoiled @#%&!s.

£#%&! me back in 76 we had one with a fake FA cup made of cardboard after losing the final to Southampton 0-1 and £#%&!ing loads turned up that day(more than southamptons iirc )

Yep I know times have moved on and all that but a trophy is a trophy.

If we have one I'm going

Unread 21-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Marlon Van Baron

It's 26 years since we won just the FA Cup and had a victory parade through the city centre. The FA Cup doesn't have the same prestige as it it did in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Life and football have moved on, it has nothing to do with being a spoilt bastard. There were some on here laughing at the prospect of Liverpool have a parade for the Europa League. Fact is the Premier League and Champions League are the only competitions remaining in football that warrant such an event.

Unread 21-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Red Al

I bet at least 16 of the pl teams would have a parade if they won it.

Snobbery of big clubs and fans plus the FA/broadcasters haven't helped moving it to 17:30

Unread 21-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
I bet at least 16 of the pl teams would have a parade if they won it.

Snobbery of big clubs and fans plus the FA/broadcasters haven't helped moving it to 17:30
All they have to do is grant a CL spot for the winners - £#%&! 4th place

Apart from that, it's the berts in town hall that are the problem with the parade

Unread 21-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
All they have to do is grant a CL spot for the winners - £#%&! 4th place

Apart from that, it's the berts in town hall that are the problem with the parade

This

A CL place will restore some if not all the old feeling of the competition.

Just watching Sky news and the sport bit came on

There was no mention of the FA cup final(because it's not on sky)just watfords new manager and some cricket match

No wonder the competition will struggle if a broadcaster doesn't think it's newsworthy
Closed Thread