United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Coracao

Default Re: Team v Arse - The Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He probably will play. But he shouldn't.
True. He's usually useless against Arsenal.

Unread 26-08-2011, 11:33 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He was shit last season as well, useless @#%&! he is

Unread 26-08-2011, 11:37 AM
koppas

Gotta drop Cleverly. Been nothing short of average. He is only being played to try and justify why we didn't sign Sneijder.

There, I said it.

Unread 26-08-2011, 11:57 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Gotta drop Cleverly. Been nothing short of average.
Given some of the reactions on here, you'd think he was the second coming of Zico But he has made a very promising start to the season. Despite their recent problems Arsenal are a good team, so it'll be interesting to see how he does against better calibre opponents.

Unread 26-08-2011, 12:00 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Given some of the reactions on here, you'd think he was the second coming of Zico But he has made a very promising start to the season. Despite their recent problems Arsenal are a good team, so it'll be interesting to see how he does against better calibre opponents.
Exactly. It's preposterous.

Unread 26-08-2011, 12:02 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
This is why I'm still really disappointed we didn't bring in a creative midfield player.
I've been as impressed with Cleverley as everybody else, but if he does have a dip in form/confidence then who is there to come in?
Park, Carrick, Fletcher are either holding players or 'workrate' players. We need more creativity in central areas.

But hey-ho, we've been over this for 3 months solid.
We quite clearly aren't bringing in anyone else so let's just hope Cleverley will do the business against tougher opponents.
He is 20 after all, it's not as if he's 16/17.

Unread 26-08-2011, 12:32 PM
RedMenace

He's 22 now I think. If he's going to make it now is the time to kick on and the early signs are promising.

Unread 26-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
He was shit last season as well, useless @#%&! he is
He scores against them, I'll give him that, but it was his fault that Ramsey ran off him last time out when he was playing in the middle - but in regards to 90mins & controlling the possession, I'd rather we played the same side we have the last two times out.

& who's calling him a useless @#%&!? He's a great squad player, but just because someone would rather we started with a different central midfielder doesn't mean he's being slagged off. We're at home, not down there - they have a lot of players missing, Park isn't the most dangerous of our attacking players & it's not like the others are shirking defensive responsibilities is it.

Plus, the football is a bit shit when we play 4-5-1. Would be nice to see more of the quality football from the CS & in parts the last two games.

Unread 26-08-2011, 01:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

If we are gonna play Rooney up front on his own, i'd play young in behind him, not entirely sure who I'd play wide left then, maybe Fabbers? I'd still play Clevers in that team.

Unread 26-08-2011, 01:17 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Same team as Monday please Dr

Unread 26-08-2011, 01:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
They will beat us. We're too relaxed, drunk on our own complacancy and they always play best when nothing is expected of them. A routine 1-0 arsenal win.
I would be more worried if L'Arse had gone out of the CL in midweek, and the resultant wall-to-wall "crisis" coverage......

As it is, we won't treat them lightly, and they might just let the media gushing (again!) go to their heads

Unread 26-08-2011, 01:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I would be more worried if L'Arse had gone out of the CL in midweek, and the resultant wall-to-wall "crisis" coverage......

As it is, we won't treat them lightly, and they might just let the media gushing (again!) go to their heads
I don't think it makes any odds, if we play well we'll win, simple as that.

Unread 26-08-2011, 01:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yes, but we are more likely to play well with the right attitude

I always thought that "upset" early on in the 2006/07 campaign was because we thought we just had to turn up

Unread 26-08-2011, 05:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

De gea

Smalling
Jones
Ferdinand
Evra

Nani
Anderson
Carrick
Young

Rooney
Hernandez

Unread 26-08-2011, 06:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
same as it ever was. only one team can beat united and that's united.

Unread 26-08-2011, 06:30 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
same as it ever was. only one team can beat united and that's united.
and Barcelona

Unread 26-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Gotta drop Cleverly. Been nothing short of average. He is only being played to try and justify why we didn't sign Sneijder.

There, I said it.
£#%&!ing clueless @#%&!.

Unread 26-08-2011, 06:42 PM
rogieop

No chance of scoring against sczesny best we can hope for is 0-0 so we should play 5-4-1 imo

Gay
Smallz
Rio
Jevans
Jones
Evra
Carrick
Fletch
Park
Obertan
Rooney.

Unread 26-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
No chance of scoring against sczesny best we can hope for is 0-0 so we should play 5-4-1 imo

Gay
Smallz
Rio
Jevans
Jones
Evra
Carrick
Fletch
Park
Obertan
Rooney.

[SIZE="1"]barcode