United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2011, 02:25 PM
The Return of JC

Sky: 'dropped points for Chelsea'. It's day one and a really difficult away fixture you overdramatic dicks.

Unread 14-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Sky: 'dropped points for Chelsea'. It's day one and a really difficult away fixture you overdramatic dicks.
Was a factually correct statement tbf

They weren't too sharp Chelsea, not that anyone is usually, won their first 5 last season hammering sides left, right & centre, age old story about the league - you'd think they need at least one or two creative types though, the average age of that side must be 30-ish?

Unread 14-08-2011, 02:31 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Was a factually correct statement tbf

They weren't too sharp Chelsea, not that anyone is usually, won their first 5 last season hammering sides left, right & centre, age old story about the league - you'd think they need at least one or two creative types though, the average age of that side must be 30-ish?
well, dropped points is down to interpretation so it's anything but factual. They didn't look at their sharpest, but that's typical of early season performances. Tough fixture. They'll be right up there as usual. Our closest rivals.

Unread 14-08-2011, 02:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
got a bad feeling it will continue
What, you think Swansea could spring a surprise??

Unread 14-08-2011, 02:51 PM
rogieop

id rather a point away to stoke first game of the season than having to go there in the midst of winter needing a result tbf.

not a bad result for chelsea today at all.

Unread 14-08-2011, 02:56 PM
borsuk

chelsea produced the same dull turgid crap they always do but they'd probably have won if drogba had started. it's incredible how dependent they are on him.

Unread 14-08-2011, 05:21 PM
taff

don't really know what villas-boas is expected to do here; it seems like he hasn't been given money to spend and is instead expected to win trophies with the dying embers of someone else's team

typical chelsea, phoning in a £#%&!ing consultant

Unread 17-08-2011, 08:36 PM
koppas

Link for Barca vs Real:

http://bit.ly/pAO5xD

Unread 27-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
don't really know what villas-boas is expected to do here; it seems like he hasn't been given money to spend and is instead expected to win trophies with the dying embers of someone else's team

typical chelsea, phoning in a £#%&!ing consultant
They've spent more than city this year. I know most of them arrived before he did, but I wouldn't really call them 'dying embers' .

Unread 27-08-2011, 04:16 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
They've spent more than city this year. I know most of them arrived before he did, but I wouldn't really call them 'dying embers' .
yeah - must admit they've shut my mouth since i posted that

perhaps unfair, they've still got plenty of players capable of posing a threat, age aside. still think they need refreshing - mata looked good today, took his goal well
Closed Thread