United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2019, 05:04 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I've literally never hated a United player as much as I hate him. Only one who came close with Kieran Richardson but at least he didn't act like a pre-teen.

Pea-headed @#%&!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
mate. He's a £#%&!ing massive #@&%!, and he's shite at football.

£#%&! him
True true true.

Unread 22-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Sapien

This season - with Lingard on the pitch
  • Goals Scored 38
  • Goals Conceded 23

This season - with Lingard not on the pitch
  • Goals Scored 8
  • Goals Conceded 10

MOTWYW might be true, no idea

Unread 22-01-2019, 05:38 PM
suedeshoes

Don't get the hate. So he acts like a popstar? So what? He's a good player too.

Unread 22-01-2019, 05:41 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
This season - with Lingard on the pitch
  • Goals Scored 38
  • Goals Conceded 23

This season - with Lingard not on the pitch
  • Goals Scored 8
  • Goals Conceded 10

MOTWYW might be true, no idea
I'll make of that you can use obscure stats to suit any agenda. He's crap.

Unread 22-01-2019, 06:19 PM
red in cumbria

Well, is it actually true??

Unread 22-01-2019, 08:25 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He's a good player too.
He’s really not. Good players consistently do good things; Lingard does next to nothing except run around. Even if he scores a hat trick in the next game it wouldn’t alter the fact that over 50 games he’ll do very little.

Unread 22-01-2019, 08:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
mate. He's a £#%&!ing massive #@&%!, and he's shite at football.
Aren't we all?

Got a feeling Jesse will make a few eat their words at some point this season. Maybe against PSG

Unread 23-01-2019, 03:10 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Aren't we all?

Got a feeling Jesse will make a few eat their words at some point this season. Maybe against PSG
In one or two games maybe; long term, no chance. Not good enough.

Unread 23-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Hands of Scone

Jesse is the luckiest man alive. He would be £#%&!ing up your drive thru order if he wasn’t mediocre at football.

Unread 23-01-2019, 10:51 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
In one or two games maybe; long term, no chance. Not good enough.
Don’t think he will be sold by any manager at United for the foreseeable. Always appreciated by his managers and teammates for the unsung work he does. Needs to add more goals to his game though. Outside of that purple patch a year ago he’s still not regular enough.

Unread 23-01-2019, 11:45 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Don't get the hate. So he acts like a popstar? So what? He's a good player too.
He doesn’t though

Unread 23-01-2019, 03:31 PM
waynes ear's

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...like-this-mate

just wish he'd £#%&! off

Unread 23-01-2019, 03:40 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
didn't make it past the 3rd paragraph*

*actually just read it all, couple of half decent bits but he really should have employed a ghost writer. cringe-tastic.

Unread 23-01-2019, 03:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
It’s funny, certain people will criticize me now because I’m always smiling out there on the pitch. But I’ll never stop being myself. I’ll never stop enjoying my football. I’ll never take the smile off my face when I step over the line, because I know what it means to wear this shirt. I know how lucky I am to do what I do for a living, and to represent this badge, and I’m never gonna stop enjoying it for a minute.

Because it all could’ve gone another way. Easily. When I finally got my debut in a United shirt against Swansea back in 2014, that was supposed to be the payoff for all the grafting, all the pain, all the years away from home. My whole family was in the stands at Old Trafford. I was 22 years old, just like Sir Alex predicted.

This was it. We’d made it.

Then I did my knee after 20 minutes.

Heard it pop, and I knew right away. I remember seeing my brother after the match, and he had tears in his eyes. Because he knew what it meant. It wasn’t just the injury. It was the timing. It was everything.

I was on the shelf for about 6 months. Couldn’t train. Couldn’t walk. Couldn’t do anything. Just laying on the sofa seeing United on Match of the Day, gutted. It was probably the lowest point of my life. I was genuinely depressed. That was rock bottom, really. I was literally picking my hair out I was so frustrated. But that’s also when I had time to think about my life, and I realized that all of this can go away so quickly, you know what I mean? Even if you work hard, and you have the talent, nothing is guaranteed.

It took me hitting rock bottom to really appreciate the opportunity we all have every time we pull on that United shirt. It can all go away in an instant.

It was a full 14 months before I had the chance to put on the United shirt again.

I haven’t stopped smiling since.

If you don’t like it, sorry. I’m not gonna change.

Unread 23-01-2019, 03:54 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Wouldn't want to spend time with him but he's a good lad and a good squad player

Unread 23-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Boom.

If you don’t like it, sorry. I’m not gonna change.....

Unread 23-01-2019, 03:58 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Boom.

Unread 23-01-2019, 04:07 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Wouldn't want to spend time with him but he's a good lad and a good squad player

ffs I hear he was hoping to go for a costa with you

Unread 23-01-2019, 04:11 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Boom.

dont change, just £#%&! off instead.

Unread 23-01-2019, 04:15 PM
dunk

Big Jesseh

Quote:
I was on the shelf for about 6 months. Couldn’t train. Couldn’t walk. Couldn’t do anything. Just laying on the sofa seeing United on Match of the Day, gutted. It was probably the lowest point of my life. I was genuinely depressed. That was rock bottom, really. I was literally picking my hair out I was so frustrated. But that’s also when I had time to think about my life, and I realized that all of this can go away so quickly, you know what I mean? Even if you work hard, and you have the talent, nothing is guaranteed.

It took me hitting rock bottom to really appreciate the opportunity we all have every time we pull on that United shirt. It can all go away in an instant.

It was a full 14 months before I had the chance to put on the United shirt again.

I haven’t stopped smiling since.

If you don’t like it, sorry. I’m not gonna change.
I thought this was what United players were supposed to feel like?
Closed Thread