United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre

the sort of men who get so angry with parking attendants or electricity suppliers on the phone that you cry and have to go for walks to calm down.
That's my boss. Got a wrong number in work on Friday and got really worked up by it

Delighted to be in the hat. Draw tomorrow?

Unread 06-01-2019, 03:39 PM
redhegemony

Just watched MOTD Lukaku offside for the penalty - he doesn't seem to have the nous to keep onside...

Unread 06-01-2019, 06:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
people like jem and others moaning again ffs
Tbf our jem would have moaned like mad during the treble season, nqat.

Unread 06-01-2019, 06:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Tbf our jem would have moaned like mad during the treble season, nqat.
you can always use the search function.

Unread 06-01-2019, 06:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you can always use the search function.
Given that it was seven years before Fred was set up, not really. But nice try

Unread 06-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Just watched MOTD Lukaku offside for the penalty - he doesn't seem to have the nous to keep onside...
He has no nous/instincts because he isn't a top player and never will be. Everything about his style of play and goals record tells you he is a flat-track bully, there is no mystery or diamond in the rough there.

In addition to his lack of belief, woeful first touch, lack of strikers instincts and inability to dominate any opposing centre-back you can tell he isn't a top player by the way he is constantly giving thumbs up and showing appreciation to anyone who even attempts to get the ball to him. Instead of being angry the ball didn't get to him or with himself when he invariably misses the chance he is more concerned with showing gratitude because a) he knows he doesn't belong thus is grateful for people to even consider getting the ball to him and b) knows he would fail to make the cross/pass in the same position.

Unread 06-01-2019, 06:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Given that it was seven years before Fred was set up, not really. But nice try
you would have to search the old ri site, obvs.

Unread 07-01-2019, 12:23 AM
redhegemony

good piece on L Stand

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/manc...e-for-optimism

Unread 07-01-2019, 12:38 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
He's such a try hard. "ex-United left-back Patrice Evra, with whom I watched the game"...
Martin Edwards later admitted to me that...

Unread 07-01-2019, 12:39 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
He's such a try hard. "ex-United left-back Patrice Evra, with whom I watched the game"...

Unread 07-01-2019, 12:48 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Yeah a bit forced - but at least it's getting some notice.

Unread 07-01-2019, 03:12 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Yeah a bit forced - but at least it's getting some notice.
The L-stand on Saturday was, I thought, excellent, and much better than any away fans have been in the same section this season. But aren't these the same people who have been in J stand for the two seasons or so, who haven't done that much? Also, the Stretford End seemed to compensate by being unusually quiet? Anyway, a big positive if the club is listening to this kind of stuff, and something that has not been the case since a brief period in 2004.

Unread 07-01-2019, 11:42 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
The L-stand on Saturday was, I thought, excellent, and much better than any away fans have been in the same section this season. But aren't these the same people who have been in J stand for the two seasons or so, who haven't done that much? Also, the Stretford End seemed to compensate by being unusually quiet? Anyway, a big positive if the club is listening to this kind of stuff, and something that has not been the case since a brief period in 2004.
No. A few are, but a lot from other areas of the ground who have applied to go in there for these latest matches. J is too diluted with people not arsed/too old/too quiet so doesn't really work. L on Saturday was very good like you say. There will be 1200 seats in the Stretford End next season for this same group, after family stand is re-jigged.

Unread 07-01-2019, 11:51 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
No. A few are, but a lot from other areas of the ground who have applied to go in there for these latest matches. J is too diluted with people not arsed/too old/too quiet so doesn't really work. L on Saturday was very good like you say. There will be 1200 seats in the Stretford End next season for this same group, after family stand is re-jigged.
whereabouts?

Unread 07-01-2019, 11:51 AM
silv

Quote:
do you sing at the games draggers?

Unread 07-01-2019, 12:01 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
do you sing at the games draggers?
No pal, I'm actually a mute. I get by day to day by using one of those voice-robot things like Stephen Hawking.

Quote:
whereabouts?

Unread 07-01-2019, 12:06 PM
silv

Quote:
No pal, I'm actually a mute. I get by day to day by using one of those voice-robot things like Stephen Hawking.
You do have a touch of the Eddie Redmayne about you tbf
Closed Thread