United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Stat attack:

Liverpool have conceded more goals at Anfield with Van Dijk in the team (5) than they had in all the previous games before he joined (4).

He hasn't won a league game as a Liverpool player. Since he left St Mary's, Southampton haven't lost.

Unread 05-02-2018, 05:18 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
But Kane said: "I felt contact and I went down. I'm not going to jump out of the way because it's football."
Well done Harry, you're admitting you're pretty much a fanny.

Unread 05-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Well done Harry, you're admitting you're pretty much a fanny.
He's admitting it's a penalty.

He's absolutely right. Draws the foul. Karius £#%&!s up by not getting there first.

Unread 05-02-2018, 06:47 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He's admitting it's a penalty.

He's absolutely right. Draws the foul. Karius £#%&!s up by not getting there first.
He felt contact. Fanny goes down easily. Mind you, I guess it’s not a contact sport anymore. Overall great, it was against the vermin but we wouldn’t be happy with that given against us.

Unread 05-02-2018, 07:40 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He felt contact. Fanny goes down easily. Mind you, I guess it’s not a contact sport anymore. Overall great, it was against the vermin but we wouldn’t be happy with that given against us.
If it was us, I'd be disappointed with the keeper and would expect the striker to go down.

See the WBA One Saturday? Not sure who the striker was.... but he was challenged, stayed on his feet, off balance and hits a tame shot at the keeper as a result.

Nothing given. Nothing given. Next time, he'll go down. As well he should.

Never mind slating people for diving, start giving more penalties when people are actually fouled.

Unread 06-02-2018, 12:00 AM
AK14

Now those are some great stats

Unread 06-02-2018, 11:49 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Now those are some great stats
Makes Carragher's own goal record against us look distinctly average.

Next Rio my £#%&!ing arse. Next Glen Hysen more like.

Unread 06-02-2018, 01:16 PM
Part 36 Offer

I actually hadn’t seen much of this @#%&! before he signed for the wall pushers but Christ, he looks like utter shite so far which is great.

Unread 06-02-2018, 05:32 PM
red in cumbria

Who on here was saying that the Ratmunchers had made a brilliant signing?

Unread 06-02-2018, 05:38 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Remismoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses View Post

He’s a smashing player. So dominant in the air in both boxes it’s such a skill, Steve Bruce had it but van dyke is a foot taller. He’s decent with his feet as well. Liverpool had a massive glaring hole there and now they don’t so he was worth the money to them.

I’ll no doubt accused of being a scouser again I apologise for having a different opinion. To me he looks an excellent player and they will build around him.

Unread 06-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Sapien

Thumbs up

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Sadly, He's mustard. A genuine leader by example. Technically and physically one of the best in the league. Shame, would have been formidable alongside Bailly
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
I agree pol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Agree with this, he looks very good at Southampton. In a decent side surrounded by quality players he will be a great addition for them.

van Dijk and Bernardo Silva are two fantastic signings

Unread 06-02-2018, 05:52 PM
AK14

Tbf I might have made similar comments

Unread 06-02-2018, 05:56 PM
20 times

Quote:
Tbf Stam started badly for us. This @#%&! could yet turn out to be good

Unread 06-02-2018, 05:58 PM
The Stella Fella

That was in reply to him being what we needed (if he wasn't shit) next to Bailly

Unread 06-02-2018, 06:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Tbf Stam started badly for us. This @#%&! could yet turn out to be good
Yes, but he wasn't THIS shit.

Unread 06-02-2018, 09:20 PM
sa7

When they were linked in the summer he became better and better by the day, to the point that by the time the window finished and he hadn’t signed he had become the world’s greatest defender and his price tag rocketed accordingly.

He may well go on to be a very good player but at the moment what he is is someone who has played in a pub league at Celtic, then looked okay in a Southampton side where there is little expectation or focus on his performances.

As ever with those £#%&!ers though, whenever they sign someone they go mental declaring him the bestest player of all time and start writing poetry/writing open letters/naming their kids after him etc.

They just can’t help themselves, the stupid bastards

Unread 07-02-2018, 12:47 AM
History

If he was that good United, Chelsea or City would of had him by now. Just the way it is.

But it's the way Liverpool play it. They buy players the rest of us are not interested in, in hope of uncovering a gem. On paper good players etc... and they do occasionally get gems, Suarez, Countinho but they'll never build a team around them because as soon as they have a quality season they start crying to their agents for a move.

They'll never be able to compete with the big clubs in Europe for the top class players or be able to keep the players that turn out to be actually alright.

So for every Suarez and Countinho you have that dork in goal, Lovern, Downing, Allen etc... They won't be able to build a team and keep them together for 3 years.

It's brilliant

Unread 07-02-2018, 12:56 AM
20 times

City/Chelsea did want him didn’t they at some point?

He will probably be turd like almost everyone who leaves Southampton for a bigger club but he’s played 2/3 matches ffs

Unread 07-02-2018, 04:44 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
City/Chelsea did want him didn’t they at some point?

He will probably be turd like almost everyone who leaves Southampton for a bigger club but he’s played 2/3 matches ffs
Lambert
Lallana
Shaw
Schneiderlen
Clyne
Lovren
Mane

Lets face it, Mane's the only one that's significantly enhanced his reputation.

Unread 07-02-2018, 05:52 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
When they were linked in the summer he became better and better by the day, to the point that by the time the window finished and he hadn’t signed he had become the world’s greatest defender and his price tag rocketed accordingly.
the boom-bust cycle even extends to their transfers now
Closed Thread