United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We must be able to do better than Mata ffs. Must be able to..
The way van Gaal keeps saying we need a couple of fast attacking playing suggests he believes we can do better than Mata as well. I'm assuming he's thinking a right winger/forward, and a player for the number 10 position are where new players are needed.

Unread 20-05-2016, 05:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Can't wait to hear what Giggs's role will be in all of this....
"Assistant to the Director Of Football and Manager"
Manager of Swansea City, hopefully.

Unread 20-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
The way van Gaal keeps saying we need a couple of fast attacking playing suggests he believes we can do better than Mata as well. I'm assuming he's thinking a right winger/forward, and a player for the number 10 position are where new players are needed.
you don't need a fast player at 10, you need someone who can pass to the fast players - the right pass at the right moment.

mata can do that and is also a genuine goal threat. i have no idea whether mourinho would retain him, but i would think most top managers would.

at united it also depends how you want to use rooney as well, obviously.

Unread 20-05-2016, 06:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you don't need a fast player at 10, you need someone who can pass to the fast players - the right pass at the right moment.

mata can do that and is also a genuine goal threat. i have no idea whether mourinho would retain him, but i would think most top managers would.

at united it also depends how you want to use rooney as well, obviously.
Someone able to take the ball and move it/use it quickly, maybe occasionally beating a man is what you need, to go with able to pick a pass. Give Mata an age and he can play the ball as well as anyone, press him even slightly and he gets caught and has to go backwards all the time. deffo goal threat though, he's your poacher/false 9 () keep him in the 18 yard/6 yard box pick up the pieces and he'd be great. But you're essentially playing with 9 players in that case.

Unread 20-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Someone able to take the ball and move it/use it quickly, maybe occasionally beating a man is what you need, to go with able to pick a pass. Give Mata an age and he can play the ball as well as anyone, press him even slightly and he gets caught and has to go backwards all the time. deffo goal threat though, he's your poacher/false 9 () keep him in the 18 yard/6 yard box pick up the pieces and he'd be great. But you're essentially playing with 9 players in that case.
i don't share your opinion. we already know this. i thought we'd moved on from you responding to every positive point anyone makes about mata with your own negative view...

Unread 20-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Manager of Swansea City, hopefully.
Cardiff have moved / dumped Russell Slade upstairs, so with a bit of luck he might go there.

Unread 20-05-2016, 08:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
i don't share your opinion. we already know this. i thought we'd moved on from you responding to every positive point anyone makes about mata with your own negative view...
Just adding the opposite (correct) view for balance

Unread 20-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Just adding the opposite (correct) view for balance
tbh i think you're wrong anyway. mata can move away from an opponent, particular when he has good movement around him. combination play creates space and that's his speciality. remember that united have never played with a genuine 10 anyway, and that there's also rooney to find a place for if we fetch in a player to balance martial on the other side...

as for tomorrow i think mata is a definite starter and it's gonna be telling how wide we can make that wembley pitch using valencia on that side...

Unread 20-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
tbh i think you're wrong anyway. mata can move away from an opponent, particular when he has good movement around him. combination play creates space and that's his speciality. remember that united have never played with a genuine 10 anyway, and that there's also rooney to find a place for if we fetch in a player to balance martial on the other side...

as for tomorrow i think mata is a definite starter and it's gonna be telling how wide we can make that wembley pitch using valencia on that side...
A.K.A - the Rooney Ping

Unread 20-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
A.K.A - the Rooney Ping
pings fine, floaters can £#%&! off

needs to use the threat of the ping as well as the actual ping more though, there should be plenty of gaps...

Unread 20-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
pings fine, floaters can £#%&! off

needs to use the threat of the ping as well as the actual ping more though, there should be plenty of gaps...
The faux ping ? If you will....

Unread 20-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
the point isn't and never was that he has or hasn't done any of those things you plum...

the point was that dodger thinks ferguson and charlton have stitched van gaal up. just as he thinks they stitch everyone up.

the conversation you want is the same one that's been running for £#%&!ing months in a million posts repeated over and over and over and over again in a £#%&!ing loop.

however, if you would like to elaborate on exactly when van gaal lost the dressing room that would be interesting? i mean bearing in mind it's the cup final tomorrow and we're in it.
tbf, the whole forum has pretty much just been one thread for the last six monthzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(apologies for the part-quote, btw)

Quote:
Think that's what does my head in about dicks like him, enjoying it going wrong and hoping it goes wrong. Awful bastards. Even in the last weeks of Moyes there was a large part of me hoping he could suddenly turn it round and prove all the £#%&!ing #@&%!s in the media wrong, even though I had wanted him out since the July . Actively wanting the club to suffer like this #@&%! just because he isn't getting everything he wants right NOW.
100% agree.

Unread 20-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
tbf, the whole forum has pretty much just been one thread for the last six monthzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(apologies for the part-quote, btw)

Announce ?

Unread 20-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Announce ?
only god knows.

Unread 20-05-2016, 09:08 PM
silv

Quote:
only god knows.
Can't lose another big dawg

Unread 20-05-2016, 09:09 PM
dunk

Quote:

Hope he plays and has a £#%&!ing stormer tbh

Unread 20-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Can't lose another big dawg
Or Jack.

Unread 20-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
100% agree.

Quote:
The faux ping ? If you will....
the mofo ping...

Unread 20-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Funnily enough, I get the feeling Van Gaal isn't a yes man...

Might be just what Mourinho needs to fight his cause upstairs.
Not if his time in a similar role at Ajax is anything to go by.

Quote:

you live in a parallel universe, pal.
To you? I'm sure you're right. Thank £#%&!.

Quote:
the point isn't and never was that he has or hasn't done any of those things you plum...

the point was that dodger thinks ferguson and charlton have stitched van gaal up. just as he thinks they stitch everyone up.
Charlton ffs.

Unread 20-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
To you? I'm sure you're right. Thank £#%&!.
you're nothing if not predictable.

hope you choke watching united running round wembley with the cup tomorrow
Closed Thread