United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-08-2011, 08:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Arsenal - The Official Thread

Tbh, we're playing some very good football so far so i don't see much reason to change. Suppose Carrick could come in, or Berb for Welbeck, though his 2nd half pwrformance against Ginners probbly means he gets another go. Anyway, I'll go with :-

De Gea
Smalling
The Mighty Pip Jones
Evans
Senegalese Superman(c)
Nani
Ando
Clevers
Young
Rooney
Welbeck

I'd have Poggers on the bench too.

Unread 26-08-2011, 08:35 AM
believe

Default Re: Team v Arse - The Official Thread

Don't see why he should change anything tbh. 8-0 united.

Unread 26-08-2011, 08:35 AM
borsuk

no changes please, giggs, carrick and berbatov on the bench again.

injuries in defence aside, i'm liking this settled side business fergie seems to be into this season.

Unread 26-08-2011, 08:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Don't see why he should change anything tbh. 8-0 united.
Oh £#%&!.

Unread 26-08-2011, 08:39 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

I've a feeling that Fergie will make some changes so i'm going with

De Gea

Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra

Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Park

Young

Rooney

Unread 26-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Baron

After seemingly working out how to beat Arsenal most times by utilising a 4-5-1 & pushing them down the flanks then counter attacking snoozefest (save for a couple of £#%&!ing great goals *ahem*) Fergie changed it last time & lost.

So does he keep the faith & go at them again while they have half a shit defence & midfield or will he revert to type ?

Surely stick, the confidence that can be gained by this side off the back of it would be invaluable. They need experience & it sends a negative message to lose faith in them when you face a big side. Being at home should hopefully see the side unchanged...

Unread 26-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

They will beat us. We're too relaxed, drunk on our own complacancy and they always play best when nothing is expected of them. A routine 1-0 arsenal win.

Unread 26-08-2011, 08:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
They will beat us. We're too relaxed, drunk on our own complacancy and they always play best when nothing is expected of them. A routine 1-0 arsenal win.
Yay!

Unread 26-08-2011, 08:51 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Tbh, we're playing some very good football so far so i don't see much reason to change. Suppose Carrick could come in, or Berb for Welbeck, though his 2nd half pwrformance against Ginners probbly means he gets another go. Anyway, I'll go with :-

De Gea
Smalling
The Mighty Pip Jones
Evans
Senegalese Superman(c)
Nani
Ando
Clevers
Young
Rooney
Welbeck

I'd have Poggers on the bench too.
I'd go with that but with Fabio in for Evra.

Jonesy captain

Unread 26-08-2011, 09:57 AM
jem

de gea

smalling - snoop - jones - evra

nani - cleverley - ando - young

rooney - cheech

I'm expecting to see park and carrick, though, and 4-5-1. I am not sure ando will cope when barcanil have the ball.

if rio is injured, a twin at right back.

Unread 26-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Coracao

.......................De Gea

Smalling.......jones........evans....evra

.............Carrick..........ando
........................Park
Nani.................................yonug

...................Rooney

Unread 26-08-2011, 10:33 AM
forwardirektion

The Gay
Curly haired Twin 1
Biggie Smalls
The Blackburn Bruiser
Curly haired Twin 2
Early 90's Michael Jackson
Lesbian trucker
T- dog
Marlo Stansfield
I've been to the advanced hair studio
Big D

Unread 26-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
.......................De Gea

Smalling.......jones........evans....evra

.............Carrick..........ando
........................Park
Nani.................................yonug

...................Rooney

Seriously though Cleverly ahead of park. Park is a headless horseman in the middle like that. Ala arsenal away last year when he did a great job tracking back his man A. Rambo.

Unread 26-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Coracao

Quote:

Seriously though Cleverly ahead of park. Park is a headless horseman in the middle like that. Ala arsenal away last year when he did a great job tracking back his man A. Rambo.
And you are a know nothing potato.

Hth.

Unread 26-08-2011, 10:40 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:

Hth.
Racist reported!

Unread 26-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Baron

Quote:

Quote:

Hth.
He's actually spot on.

It's no fun watching players run off Park when he's playing in the middle, (and only marginally more fun when he's playing well tbh) we're playing an Arsenal side with probably an 18 year old centre back playing his 2nd game who was all over the shop against Suarez last weekend & a midfield shorn of all of it's best players - and that Jenkinson kid who was at Charlton last season & seems exposed against pace. Attacking them & making them track runners, worry about 2 strikers & the quick, incisive passing we've sporadically put together in this new side has to be a better game plan than the stand off approach of the last few seasons.

Unread 26-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He's actually spot on.

It's no fun watching players run off Park when he's playing in the middle, (and only marginally more fun when he's playing well tbh) we're playing an Arsenal side with probably an 18 year old centre back playing his 2nd game who was all over the shop against Suarez last weekend & a midfield shorn of all of it's best players - and that Jenkinson kid who was at Charlton last season & seems exposed against pace. Attacking them & making them track runners, worry about 2 strikers & the quick, incisive passing we've sporadically put together in this new side has to be a better game plan than the stand off approach of the last few seasons.
Park will play. Whether it be in the middle or wide. I'm pretty confident of that.

Nft

Unread 26-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He's actually spot on.

Listen to the man coracao. If park plays it would not be in the middle ffs.

New to football?

Unread 26-08-2011, 10:57 AM
MJ Ramone

Don't like to change a winning side & I don't like to play 4-5-1 if we can help it.
However, we usually do well against Arsenal when we play with Rooney up through the middle on his own so I'll say -

DDG

Smalling
Jones
Evans (Rio if fit)
Evra

Young
Carrick
Anderson
Cleverley
Nani

Rooney

Unread 26-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Baron

Quote:
Park will play. Whether it be in the middle or wide. I'm pretty confident of that.

Nft
Quote:

Listen to the man coracao. If park plays it would not be in the middle ffs.

New to football?
He probably will play. But he shouldn't.
Closed Thread