Unread 08-08-2020, 06:58 PM
bosskeano

big big gamble from Juve

Unread 08-08-2020, 07:16 PM
dunk

Confirmed

Unread 08-08-2020, 07:19 PM
utd99

Oh dear. A rookie manager with those personalities, what could go wrong?

Unread 08-08-2020, 08:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not surprising. They are in a situation where it is all about winning the CL.
Even though they don't actually win it that often?

Unread 08-08-2020, 08:15 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Even though they don't actually win it that often?
That’s the point ric - they want to.

Unread 08-08-2020, 08:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
That’s the point ric - they want to.
Well so do we and just like them we should arguably have done so more often, but we don't make it the sole determinant of a manager's success and IMO rightly so.

Unread 08-08-2020, 08:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well so do we and just like them we should arguably have done so more often, but we don't make it the sole determinant of a manager's success and IMO rightly so.
But we aren’t winning the league year in year out. If we were, our goal would be to win the CL.

Unread 08-08-2020, 09:45 PM
dunk

Good luck telling them to run

Unread 08-08-2020, 10:01 PM
ryanMUFC

One of the shithouses that let a 3-0 lead slip to the dippers.

Unread 08-08-2020, 10:26 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
But we aren’t winning the league year in year out. If we were, our goal would be to win the CL.
Still a bit of a nonsense holding a manager to account on a cup competition you’ve won twice in your history.

I’d say only Real Madrid can even begin to think like that on the CL.

Unread 08-08-2020, 10:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
One of the shithouses that let a 3-0 lead slip to the dippers.
Don't really think you can call a man who won 6 league titles, 2 champions leagues and a world cup a "shithouse" mate

Unread 08-08-2020, 10:52 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Don't really think you can call a man who won 6 league titles, 2 champions leagues and a world cup a "shithouse" mate
A very good player no doubt (It would be stupid to question it with what he’s won) but I never believed he was anywhere near as good as people liked to imagine.

It will be interesting to see how a former athlete who cried about fitness and playing against Ji Sung Park will set his team up in Europe against teams that press.

Unread 08-08-2020, 10:56 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
I never believed he was anywhere near as good as people liked to imagine.

I'm sure serial winner Andrea Pirlo will give a flying £#%&! about some pixels on a screen pal

Unread 08-08-2020, 11:04 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

I'm sure serial winner Andrea Pirlo will give a flying £#%&! about some pixels on a screen pal
Don’t think anyone on here types something thinking that a millionaire footballer gives a £#%&! about what they think pal..

If that was the case you’ve missed a few hundred match threads.

Unread 08-08-2020, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
A very good player no doubt (It would be stupid to question it with what he’s won) but I never believed he was anywhere near as good as people liked to imagine.

It will be interesting to see how a former athlete who cried about fitness and playing against Ji Sung Park will set his team up in Europe against teams that press.
Must admit I missed (or forgot) this

Unread 09-08-2020, 02:32 AM
Stickman

Quote:

TBH - I think that Pirlo's myth grew a bit towards the end of his career and retirement. Great player and all that but there seems to be a popular online opinion hes the greatest midfielder of all time.

Unread 09-08-2020, 09:03 AM
Part 36 Offer

No shock on Sarri he’s absolute toilet

Unread 09-08-2020, 10:25 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
TBH - I think that Pirlo's myth grew a bit towards the end of his career and retirement. Great player and all that but there seems to be a popular online opinion hes the greatest midfielder of all time.
Yeah, definitely. It seems to happen with some players, they get a bit over appreciated towards the end of their career. Paul Scholes’s stock seemed to rise towards the end of his career, great player (better than Pirlo) but I’d think someone is a bit bias if they thought he was better than Zidane.
Closed Thread