United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:19 PM
Coracao

You won't find out if he is good enough for United by him playing for Sheff Utd for 3 years tbf . Nor is it any use him coming back here if he isn't first choice.

Bit of an awkward situation all round given DDG's new contract.

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:21 PM
MUFC One Love

Sheffield United aren't getting in the top 4 ffs.

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
You won't find out if he is good enough for United by him playing for Sheff Utd for 3 years tbf . Nor is it any use him coming back here if he isn't first choice.

Bit of an awkward situation all round given DDG's new contract.
No, but in 2-3 years we'll know if he isn't good enough.

Can't see any other option given DdG's age, wage and reputation.

Can't understand the signing of the lad from Southend if Henderson is so nailed on either tbh..

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:22 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, I'm sure he is willing to do that so that Dunk can decide if he rates him

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure he is willing to do that so that Dunk can decide if he rates him
Not me pal. If it's that or sit on the bench at OT, what's he going to do?

He wants to play in the PL, is doing, is happy in Sheffield by all accounts, why would he risk going to another club? Why wouldn't he accept long term loans until United decide he's ready?

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:26 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Not me pal. If it's that or sit on the bench at OT, what's he going to do?

He wants to play in the PL, is doing, is happy in Sheffield by all accounts, why would he risk going to another club? Why wouldn't he accept long term loans until United decide he's ready?
It isnt sheff utd or sit on the bench tho is it ? He could move to another club. He has no guarantees Utd won't just go and buy another keeper or stick with DDG longer term.

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:28 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Sheffield United aren't getting in the top 4 ffs.
2 points behind us with a game in hand. If you write off them you might as well write us off as well tbf.

Quote:

Can't see any other option given DdG's age, wage and reputation.

Can't understand the signing of the lad from Southend if Henderson is so nailed on either tbh..
Doubt he'll go for that. Bigger clubs than Sheffield United will come in for him, then he's got to decide whether he wants to be a long term loan or actually play for a bigger team.

De Gea's not been fully settled at the club for years and is on a massive wedge. I'd play Henderson next season if we can find a buyer for De Gea.

Unread 11-06-2020, 12:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
It isnt sheff utd or sit on the bench tho is it ? He could move to another club. He has no guarantees Utd won't just go and buy another keeper or stick with DDG longer term.
He wants to play for United though, and has said so many times, the loan at Sheffield is him gaining the experience required.

United will give him a fat 5 year deal and send him back there next season with the promise they'll re-assess each summer imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
2 points behind us with a game in hand. If you write off them you might as well write us off as well tbf.

Doubt he'll go for that. Bigger clubs than Sheffield United will come in for him, then he's got to decide whether he wants to be a long term loan or actually play for a bigger team.

De Gea's not been fully settled at the club for years and is on a massive wedge. I'd play Henderson next season if we can find a buyer for De Gea.
%@#$&!s that tbh. He's always been professional, even on the verge of signing for Madrid and has always been happy in Manchester. He kept his options open during his last contract negotiation, but that was understandable given the state of the team/club at the time.

No-one will buy De Gea, at least no-one that he would go to, for a year or 2 at least imo. Most top clubs have a keeper at a good age and will want to funnel transfer money elsewhere.

Unread 11-06-2020, 09:26 PM
Swagger

DDG wanted to renew his contract before Sanchez was signed

His contract was allowed to run down

He's been our best player so he wanted to be the highest paid

Which he now is

For the next five years despite us having already had his best years and with a young replacement ready to take over

Woodward has £#%&!ed this, the @#%&!.

Thank you for coming to my TEDTalk

Unread 11-06-2020, 09:36 PM
tatty

I'd be more pissed off with Henderson* leaving than DdG.

*[SIZE="3"]never seen him play.

Unread 11-06-2020, 10:24 PM
Coracao

Quote:
He wants to play for United though, and has said so many times, the loan at Sheffield is him gaining the experience required.

United will give him a fat 5 year deal and send him back there next season with the promise they'll re-assess each summer imo.

%@#$&!s that tbh. He's always been professional, even on the verge of signing for Madrid and has always been happy in Manchester. He kept his options open during his last contract negotiation, but that was understandable given the state of the team/club at the time.

No-one will buy De Gea, at least no-one that he would go to, for a year or 2 at least imo. Most top clubs have a keeper at a good age and will want to funnel transfer money elsewhere.
Once Hemderson becomes England #1, which probably isn't too far away, I can't see him being happy being shunted on loan to Sheff Utd when he could probably play for a top 5 club. At some stage individual ambition takes over.

Next season he may go back there. If they try sending him again the following year, he should look to leave.

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

If he is that good then he will surely be getting at least some opportunities at United come 2022.

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:20 PM
ryanMUFC

Thought this had all been settled on the Webby and O’Neill channel?

Unread 12-06-2020, 12:25 AM
dunk

Quote:
Once Hemderson becomes England #1, which probably isn't too far away, I can't see him being happy being shunted on loan to Sheff Utd when he could probably play for a top 5 club. At some stage individual ambition takes over.

Next season he may go back there. If they try sending him again the following year, he should look to leave.
Well in that event we’ll be bagging £50m+, so that’s fine.

I don’t even know who the England keeper is atm might not be that much of an achievement to nick his spot..

Unread 12-06-2020, 12:34 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
oh no, not questions!!

Weve not even done anything and this #@&%! is acting as if we have just to get annoyed by us

Unread 12-06-2020, 07:26 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Well in that event we’ll be bagging £50m+, so that’s fine.

I don’t even know who the England keeper is atm might not be that much of an achievement to nick his spot..
Pickford.

Will all depend on Henderson's contract.

Unread 12-06-2020, 10:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Pickford.

Oh yeah, tough competition

I’m sure they’re sorting him a new deal prior to him going back next season. Convinced I’ve read it and he himself has mentioned it.

Unread 12-06-2020, 10:37 AM
windy waffles

Henderson will be England no 1 for Euro 2021. Pickford has been dogshit for ages.

Unread 12-06-2020, 10:50 AM
utd99

Quote:
Pickford.

I can’t look at Pickford without seeing Joe Hart.

Unread 12-06-2020, 12:43 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I can’t look at Pickford without seeing Joe Hart.
They're essentially the same person. Everton fans are starting to cop on that Pickford's crap -- he'll be back at Sunderland in a few years
Closed Thread