United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2008, 04:16 PM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Can somebody tell me why they get ths wrong, all the time? Even when they're showing highlights and they don't have to guess?
ehm, i think the formation given to them on paper is with rooney as a lone striker. but on the pitch the formation and players position changes. thats one thing with ferguson and our players, lots of mobility and flamboyancy

Unread 22-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Can somebody tell me why they get ths wrong, all the time? Even when they're showing highlights and they don't have to guess?
Because they lack the imagination to analyse the game in anything other than the most obvious ways. Is it a lack of regard for the intelligence of the consumer or laziness on their behalf.

How often will you see a tactical change during a game, and the commentators will only spot it 10-15 mins later.

Said it before but the standard of journalism/punditry when it comes to Football reporting is very poor in Britain.

Unread 22-04-2008, 04:42 PM
MUFC One Love

I really can't wait for the game tomorrow, forget the borefest tonight, tomorrow is what football is all about imo.

Barcelona v Manchester United in the Camp Nou.

I think a little bit of wee just came out.

Unread 22-04-2008, 05:12 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy20
ronaldo is usually a lazy £#%&!er and doesnt help much in the defence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
And you are correct. It is to accomodate the fact that Ronaldo has very little interest in venturing into his own half.
lazy £#%&!er? wtf are you on about?

ronaldo's workrate is excellent. the fact that fergie asks him to remain up the pitch as an out for quick counters does not mean he's lazy or has no interest in tracking back.

some of our support at times .

Unread 22-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
lazy £#%&!er? wtf are you on about?

ronaldo's workrate is excellent. the fact that fergie asks him to remain up the pitch as an out for quick counters does not mean he's lazy or has no interest in tracking back.

some of our support at times .
Ronaldo picks and chooses when he tracks back.
Closed Thread