United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-09-2010, 10:50 AM
borsuk

Default macheda

i know it was only a cameo yesterday but i was pleased to see him come on ahead of the little @#%&!. thought he looked in good shape and seemed more mobile than at times in the past, less awkward and more athletic. hope he gets 90 mins against scunny, be nice if he could supplant ickle mickey as the 3rd/4th choice striker. got a feeling owen will start though

Unread 20-09-2010, 10:52 AM
rafabio

Default Re: macheda

Fergie already made it clear while dismissing villa's interest in owen that Owen will start. So its a toss up between Hernandez and Macheda for another spot. Unless fergie decides to go with 4-3-3 and 3 strikers upfront. :shakehead:

Unread 20-09-2010, 10:52 AM
forwardirektion

Be interesting to see the side against Scunny. If Owen starts before pea and kiko it'll be a bit of a joke.

Unread 20-09-2010, 10:53 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i know it was only a cameo yesterday but i was pleased to see him come on ahead of the little @#%&!. thought he looked in good shape and seemed more mobile than at times in the past, less awkward and more athletic. hope he gets 90 mins against scunny, be nice if he could supplant ickle mickey as the 3rd/4th choice striker. got a feeling owen will start though
Hernnandez surely has to start and I can't see him pairing up with Owen so Macheda might get the nod. I hope so.

Unread 20-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Lok

I don't know why Macheda gets stick from people on here. He looks a great prospect. Obviously he's a bit of a dick head but he's always looked the business on the pitch.

He had some nice touches yesterday. His control was sharp and as always he brought a sense of urgency to the front line. He'll score plenty of goals because he's always trying to make something happen.

I'd much rather see him coming on than Owen.

Unread 20-09-2010, 10:55 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Be interesting to see the side against Scunny. If Owen starts before pea and kiko it'll be a bit of a joke.
New Aston Villa boss, Gerard Houllier, has spoken of his admiration of Michael Owen, coincidentally on the same day Michael Owen spoke of his frustration at lack of playing time. Of course this lead to rumours that Owen was on his way to Villa in January.

Quote:
Ferguson has played this speculation down though, claiming Owen will definitely get more football as the season goes on.

“He’s wasting his time there,” said Ferguson. “I understand Michael’s frustration, he’s exactly right. But it’s because Berbatov started the season so well, then the international break came, it’s difficult. We’ve got this Carling Cup game on Wednesday and he’ll start that. He’ll get enough football, Michael. It’s just the early season with the internationals that disrupt you; there are four games over two, two-week spells now since the start of the season. I agree he probably thinks it’s passing him by but he’s doing well in training, never misses a session. I brought him on for the last 20 minutes the other night but I could have brought on three centre-forwards and we would not have made a chance the way Rangers set out.”
:shakehead:

Unread 20-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Zorg

"he’s doing well in training, never misses a session" ?

Oh, that's good of him.

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:00 AM
dunk

Agreed with all.

Owen should do the decent thing and retire, not only is he stealing a wage but he is also preventing the progression of youth, the @#%&!.

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:01 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
"he’s doing well in training, never misses a session" ?

Oh, that's good of him.

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:02 AM
borsuk

i doubt nani, fletcher, scholes and giggs will be anywhere near the side vs scunny so the midfield is probably going to be gibson, anderson, obertan and park, i'd imagine, unless he gives somebody like eikrem a game. 4-3-3 would be an option, hernandez can play left of a three and macheda has played wide of a three as well.

two of rafael, fabio and de laet must surely play; smalling and wes and tommy k also.

kuszczak
rafael - wes - smalling - fabio
park - gibson - anderson - obertan
macheda - hernandez

would be nice. probably be owen starting and a half each for pea and kiko though.

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:03 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Agreed with all.

Owen should do the decent thing and retire, not only is he stealing a wage but he is also preventing the progression of youth, the @#%&!.
Or even he should do the decent thing and £#%&! off from united. Don't care about him playing anywhere

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:03 AM
rafabio

Quote:
i doubt nani, fletcher, scholes and giggs will be anywhere near the side vs scunny so the midfield is probably going to be gibson, anderson, obertan and park, i'd imagine, unless he gives somebody like eikrem a game. 4-3-3 would be an option, hernandez can play left of a three and macheda has played wide of a three as well.

two of rafael, fabio and de laet must surely play; smalling and wes and tommy k also.

kuszczak
macheda - hernandez

would be nice. probably be owen starting and a half each for pea and kiko though.
Did you even see fergie's interview on friday? ffs he said OWEN IS STARTING THE Scunthorpe GAME

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:06 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Or even he should do the decent thing and £#%&! off from united. Don't care about him playing anywhere
Yeah, but that wouldn't affect an immediate removal of him from the problem, now retirement, or injury would do.

Or we could cancel his contract, allow him to move on for free, can't see him or United agreeing to that though.

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:08 AM
red in cumbria

Owen starting against Scunthorpe?? Marvellous

Of course, the worst thing is he might actually score - thus cementing his undeserved place in the pecking order

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, but that wouldn't affect an immediate removal of him from the problem, now retirement, or injury would do.

Or we could cancel his contract, allow him to move on for free, can't see him or United agreeing to that though.
Who was it on here the other week who said 'it would be kind of nice if he died'

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Who was it on here the other week who said 'it would be kind of nice if he died'
It's a fair, if slightly harsh, point. Just remove him from the picture completely.

I can't stand the idea of Fergie trying to find game time for him

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Macheda had about two touches yesterday both hit off his shin and went out for a throw in.

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Buckwheat

Quote:
That would be me. £#%&! him.

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:20 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:

kuszczak
macheda - hernandez

I'd like to see that team but with someone else in for park we know what he can do.........Bebe?

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up Re: macheda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat
That would be me. £#%&! him.
Closed Thread