United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2010, 10:49 PM
ScarFace

Default Re: Motd 2

Gerrard just actually said that was a great performance and if they play like that every week they'l beat most teams

Unread 19-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Baron

just read the write up on ZM of the game, it's not overly insightful this time around for me but his mention of us playing 4-4-2 for the first time in a "big" game since we lost 2-0 to the Scousers is interesting. You'd of thought something like that would be apparent to MoTD or the Sky pundits, but did we hear anything about it today? I don't recall, maybe it's just me, but I think that's a pretty interesting point, more so because we actually battered them with it.

Unread 19-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Like Bhartez in a barbers!

Shit little @#%&!! Have hated him since He was on radio1, nowt to do with him being scouse, he shouldn't be over here!

£#%&! off and broadcast to one man and his analy injured dog on RTE or whatever it's called
He's from N. Ireland you ignoramus.

If you're going to be racist at least have the courtesy to be informed about the race you wish to insult.

Unread 19-09-2010, 10:51 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Motd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Last time i seen him on tv he was presenting darts on bravo.
:shakehead:

He's the best presenter in the country ffs. Loved 'Football Italia' on C4 back in the day, best football show ever. Some quotes from the great man:
Quote:
"This week, we've got the best top-of-the-table action since 'The Postman Always Rings Twice'."

"...as unsung as Posh Spice's back-catalogue."

"What do Clarence Seedorf and Pete Doherty have in common? They both get caught in possession an awful lot."

"Roberto Mancini talks about his title aspirations, which is a comeback as improbable as Leo Sayer's but with a much better record."

"Would Sven be partial to a role behind the desk? Stop sniggering at the back!" (Whilst talking about Sven-Göran Eriksson taking up a director of football role with Inter)

"The biggest title challenge since Danny Shittu tried to write his autobiography."

"Chelsea paid a levy for the Shevy but the Shevy went dry" (On the subject of Andriy Shevchenko's lack of goals after being signed by Chelsea)

"The Juventus coach arrived at Fiorentina's stadium under a hail of missiles from home fans. Mind you, they are not the only team to arrive at away matches with a smashed coach. Nottingham Forest fans are more than used to it!" c. 1991

"It hasn't been an amazing first half. Quite frankly, I've seen better finishing from the builders of Wembley Stadium." (on the Paul O'Grady Show, in a small segment during the SS Lazio v AS Roma derby in 2007, which ended 0-0)

"What's pink and floppy, but when I'm finished with it, red all over? The newspapers!"

"It's hard hitting and across two legs. No, it's not Craig Bellamy's golf club, it's the champions league semi-finals."

"It's the last weekend of the season, and not since Guti discovered his girlfriend was a fella have players battled so hard against going down."

"Back in Sao Paolo in 1994, he arranged with a gang of ruffians to rob a team director on the day he was carrying the player's wages. Caught, he spent two years inside a tough Sao Paolo jail, and if that didn't teach him to keep it tight at the back with Lazio, what will?" (On Cesar Aparecido Rodriguez, Brazilian Left Back)

"Newly-promoted Sicilian side Catania aren't a bad football team, in much the same way that the Light Brigade probably weren't a bad group of soldiers"

"Liverpool with a score straight out of Posh Spice's diary: 8-nothing."

"Like an Egyptian fish, he's living in denial."

"Football Weekly, the show that is as badly missed as a backpass to Titus Bramble"

Unread 19-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
He's from N. Ireland you ignoramus.

If you're going to be racist at least have the courtesy to be informed about the race you wish to insult.
Really

Would never have guessed with that accent!

I don't class any of you as british so your 'race' card is not only incorrect but moot too!

As I said he is from Ireland so should have stayed there

Unread 19-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
just read the write up on ZM of the game, it's not overly insightful this time around for me but his mention of us playing 4-4-2 for the first time in a "big" game since we lost 2-0 to the Scousers is interesting. You'd of thought something like that would be apparent to MoTD or the Sky pundits, but did we hear anything about it today? I don't recall, maybe it's just me, but I think that's a pretty interesting point, more so because we actually battered them with it.
Our attacking play was a joy to watch today. Against better teams () it won't be the ideal, but I love seeing United play like that.

And the two Liverpool goals may have done us a favour in the sense that a late win can be a better morale booster than a stroll in the park 3-0.

Unread 19-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
:shakehead:

He's the best presenter in the country ffs. Loved 'Football Italia' on C4 back in the day, best football show ever. Some quotes from the great man:
my favourite when talking about a row in the Italian game...

"the insults were flying thicker & faster than the Spice Girls on Concorde"

Unread 19-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Really

Would never have guessed with that accent!

I don't class any of you as british so your 'race' card is not only incorrect but moot too!

As I said he is from Ireland so should have stayed there
£#%&! off you £#%&!ing Nazi. Where's Wee Man.

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:02 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Motd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
my favourite when talking about a row in the Italian game...

"the insults were flying thicker & faster than the Spice Girls on Concorde"

Quote:
"Milan came back from Istanbul wondering if Carlos Ancelotti was, indeed, the Bosphorus."

"Attilio Lombardo, the most famous bald, right-wing Italian for fifty years."

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:

Smacks of 'where's my hard mate!'

I'm half mick, my dads a proper bog-trotter! Thankfully I have nowt to do with him!

Just because England were scared of the Spanish a couple of centuries ago does not mean that people born in Ireland are British!

Deal with it

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:07 PM
dinger

Quote:
Wind it in mate, we are all Paddys (north or south) whether you like it or not. Embrace it you Mick bastard.

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Terry Gibson is by far the best british pundit working on telly today. Pure quality on the La Liga coverage, actually makes insightful points and has a good knowledge of the players he's talking about.

Compare that to the clowns at the BBC referring to players by their shirt numbers at the World Cup, because they couldn't be arsed to do any research
Shearer was talking on MOTD last night about Ben Arfa and said that we don't know anything about him.........well, apart from the fact that he came from marseille who won the league last season eh Shearer you useless @#%&!.

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Whalefish

Lawro looked like he was going to burst out of that shirt. Disgusting @#%&!.

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Big Norm

Quote:

Smacks of 'where's my hard mate!'

I'm half mick, my dads a proper bog-trotter! Thankfully I have nowt to do with him!

Just because England were scared of the Spanish a couple of centuries ago does not mean that people born in Ireland are English!

Deal with it
I'm not English #@&%!, RTE is a station in southern Ireland which wouldn't have a N Irish prod anywhere near a decent show on it. Your knowledge of Irish history and modern cultural complexity is minimal to say the least.

In response to your initial observation though, I once met Colin Murray and he is a complete @#%&!.

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:13 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down Re: Motd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldosgoodallthetime
Shearer was talking on MOTD last night about Ben Arfa and said that we don't know anything about him.........well, apart from the fact that he came from marseille who won the league last season eh Shearer you useless @#%&!.
Isn't it his £#%&!ing job to "know something about him"? WTF is this shit? The BBC are a £#%&!ing joke

Paid to watch and talk about football, they can't even manage that It's just an Old Boys jolly at the license payers expense.

Edit: I see this thread has gone all "Irish". Wonderful.

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Isn't it his £#%&!ing job to "know something about him"? WTF is this shit? The BBC are a £#%&!ing joke

Paid to watch and talk about football, they can't even manage that It's just an Old Boys jolly at the license payers expense.

Edit: I see this thread has gone all "Irish". Wonderful.
To be sure.

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
I'm not English #@&%!, RTE is a station in southern Ireland which wouldn't have a N Irish prod anywhere near a decent show on it. Your knowledge of Irish history and modern cultural complexity is minimal to say the least.

In response to your initial observation though, I once met Colin Murray and he is a complete @#%&!.
I meant to say British and have since edited it accordingly.

My knowledge of Norn Iron politics is actually pretty good thanks, I have just one problem.......

I couldn't give a £#%&!!!!!

I said RTE as BBC NI would kind of go against the very essence of my post don't you think

Anyway enough now, I was talking about Murray and have been called an ignoramous, racist and a Nazi which is what got my back up but can't be arsed rowing all night

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Dere's more to oirland den dis.

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:29 PM
wonky no

is he dominic diamond?

Unread 19-09-2010, 11:37 PM
jem

did mottie phone in his commentary from his bed?

"if my memory serves me correctly....." *rustle, rustle* "it was.... um.... 1957."
Closed Thread