United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-01-2019, 01:57 AM
92ToBury

If he keeps Fellaini away from the pitch and bench, give him another contract.

That's all that needs saying about the lad.

Unread 14-01-2019, 02:22 AM
tatty

You wouldn't be praying we signed him if he came on the market but he seems to be adequate enough for a squad role.

Unread 14-01-2019, 11:20 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep no10 under Bielsa at Bilbao. I think LvG didn't rate him much as a central midfielder which hampered him. No10 is his natural role but Mourinho may have been correct to try and turn him into a scampering busy midfield player in the deeper areas at this level.
Always did a good job on outKanté-ing Kanté to be fair.

But it isn't his natural game. A proper Kantélike would be mint in this team.

Someone who gets away with fouling like Kanté or Fernandinho do would be nice actually

Unread 14-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Denis Irwell

Nobby Stiles with teeth.

Unread 14-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Always did a good job on outKanté-ing Kanté to be fair.

But it isn't his natural game. A proper Kantélike would be mint in this team.

Someone who gets away with fouling like Kanté or Fernandinho do would be nice actually
Kante was also an attacking player before he was moved further back.

There's a lot of similiarities with Herrera. Their size means they can get about the pitch non-stop. They both are sound technically but no their limitations.

Kante is obviously the better player but Herrera isn't as bad as people make out. On his good days (like yesterday) he's incredible. Just a shame he's prone to the odd stinker.

The defence has to be the priority transfer wise. I wouldn't be too gutted if we kept this midfield for another season (assuming Matic doesn't revert back to @#%&! mode).

Unread 14-01-2019, 01:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

There's a lot of similiarities with Herrera. Their size means they can get about the pitch non-stop. They both are sound technically but no their limitations.

Kante is obviously the better player but Herrera isn't as bad as people make out. On his good days (like yesterday) he's incredible. Just a shame he's prone to the odd stinker.

The defence has to be the priority transfer wise. I wouldn't be too gutted if we kept this midfield for another season (assuming Matic doesn't revert back to @#%&! mode).
Half of our defensive issues are the midfield. If not more tbh.

The defence is overwhelmed due to lack of cover/tracking etc. Yesterday the midfielders kept dropping too deep allowing Spurs to line players up on the edge of the 18 yard box first half, then they couldn't get about the pitch quick enough to put pressure on the Spurs midfield and close gaps second half. Needed another body (not really got anyone) or someone more mobile to come in for Pogba/Lingard after 10 minutes of the second half.

The CB's and FB's played well yesterday, but when they're having to mark 2/3 players or have players running at them and off them at the same time they're going to struggle.

Unread 16-01-2019, 12:15 AM
Whalefish

Not sure I'd want to keep the same midfielders next season tbh, one or two need moving on and I think United must bring someone in. Not sure who or what type tbh but feels like they're missing something. As mentioned above as shit as the defence has been this season it's not helped by players getting through the midfield with ease.

Unread 16-01-2019, 01:52 AM
jem

we haven't had a proper midfield for a while. mostly, it has been matic in front of the back four with occasional help from herrera. that's not a midfield. soz.

and, yes.... valencia would help.

Unread 16-01-2019, 06:46 AM
waynes ear's

Help by £#%&!ing off to the nearest airport and never returning? The massive shit bastard

Unread 16-01-2019, 08:43 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Help by £#%&!ing off to the nearest airport and never returning? The massive shit bastard
I guess I will have to post that photo of tony v with anna kendrick.

Unread 16-01-2019, 09:36 AM
waynes ear's

how about post yourself into a fire pal

Unread 16-01-2019, 11:05 AM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Kante is 5ft 5

Herrera is 6ft

Unread 16-01-2019, 02:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Kante is 5ft 5

Herrera is 6ft

They're the same height up to the ears

Unread 16-01-2019, 02:20 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Kante is 5ft 5

Herrera is 6ft

Herrera is 1.82m which is 5.971129

Unread 16-01-2019, 02:34 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
herrera is 1.82m which is 5.971129
5.11 (or 6ft if rounding up)

Unread 16-01-2019, 02:36 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
They're the same height up to the ears

Unread 16-01-2019, 02:36 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
5.11 (or 6ft if rounding up)
this changes everything. i've just realised its 5.9 feet. not 5'9

Unread 16-01-2019, 02:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
FFS

I'm 183cm which is as near six feet as makes no odds so that's my conversion chart.

Unread 16-01-2019, 02:53 PM
dragflick

Quote:
I’m 5’10, can confirm Ander is a bit taller...

Unread 16-01-2019, 03:13 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Oh you two...

dont get mad pol because bummer boy rojo is getting £#%&!ed off
Closed Thread