Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
De Ligt
Wan Bissaka
Rice
Van/De Beek or Neves
Sancho/Neres/Pepe/Richarlison/Fernandes type forward

Edit: we need a £#%&!ing striker as well. £#%&! Lukaku off for Icardeh
sounds like the stuff of dreams. although I wouldn't bother with a couple of those.

where to start.

1. buy a midfielder.

2. buy another midfielder.

anything else after that would be nice. no one is safe.

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Whatever Ole's qualities as a manager, you'd expect him to be able to have a good take on the character of the squad. If he believes there are any players who are genuinely problematic, I think the club have to act swiftly. I hope that isn't someone like Pogba or Martial as they're basically our two best players, but if it is then so be it. Same goes for De Gea is there's a belief his head has gone.

I'm sure he has ideas about how he wants his team to play, so identifying targets should be easy if we have a decent scouting network as we're told is now the case. We need to get back to having a quality, balanced squad that gives us hope regardless of who the manager is.

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:46 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Whatever Ole's qualities as a manager, you'd expect him to be able to have a good take on the character of the squad. If he believes there are any players who are genuinely problematic, I think the club have to act swiftly. I hope that isn't someone like Pogba or Martial as they're basically our two best players, but if it is then so be it. Same goes for De Gea is there's a belief his head has gone.

I'm sure he has ideas about how he wants his team to play, so identifying targets should be easy if we have a decent scouting network as we're told is now the case. We need to get back to having a quality, balanced squad that gives us hope regardless of who the manager is.
Martial our best player
This is part of the issue. Everyone has favourites but most of them favourites don’t do it enough or at all. Like loads who love Shaw FFS. He is fat flat footed positionally inept and will NEVER make it at Utd or another top 6 team not now next year or in 3 years.
Martial may have attributes but he a raging sulking moody @#%&! with no balls. Goodbye.

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Everyone has favourites but most of them favourites don’t do it enough or at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no one is safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no one.

I like martial, though.

Unread 25-04-2019, 11:12 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah, but you also like Valencia......

Unread 25-04-2019, 11:13 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I like martial, though.
Keep him then

Unread 26-04-2019, 12:01 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Martial our best player
This is part of the issue. Everyone has favourites but most of them favourites don’t do it enough or at all. Like loads who love Shaw FFS. He is fat flat footed positionally inept and will NEVER make it at Utd or another top 6 team not now next year or in 3 years.
Martial may have attributes but he a raging sulking moody @#%&! with no balls. Goodbye.
And everyone has their whipping boys. Such as those who don't appreciate Shaw has had a good season

Martial and Pogba are the biggest talents and have been the most productive in the squad. If they're identified as problematic characters by Ole then the club should act. Otherwise I expect Solskjaer to work towards inducing the best out of them. That's his job.

Unread 26-04-2019, 12:05 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, but you also like Valencia......
I don't get the hate for him. he has tried to do whatever he has been asked. it's not his fault he isn't ronaldo.

Unread 26-04-2019, 07:51 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
And everyone has their whipping boys. Such as those who don't appreciate Shaw has had a good season .
True but it shows how far we have fallen when Shaw is classed as a good season. Nobody that I can think of has had a good season, Linders has improved as has The Scottish Player recently but if any of them can say they feel they ve had a good season then they shouldn’t be at Utd cos it is nowhere near good enough.

Utd own Player of the Year Awards will be interesting.

Unread 26-04-2019, 06:03 PM
AK14

Quote:
Well tbf I think Shaw's is in the context of him having barely played for four years. I think the signs are encouraging.

Needs to kick on next year.

Name me the better players in our team than Pogba and Martial.

I'll wait here.
The Scottish Player.

Unread 26-04-2019, 06:07 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Well tbf I think Shaw's is in the context of him having barely played for four years. I think the signs are encouraging.

I'll wait here.
Talent is unquestionable, application and attitude certainly are.

Martial was in very good form in the Autumn when Mourinho was here. As was Shaw. I have no idea why they've falling to shit lately. Not trying to rewrite the narrative.

Pogba....He would boil the piss of anyone

Unread 26-04-2019, 06:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The Scottish Player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Talent is unquestionable, application and attitude certainly are.

Martial was in very good form in the Autumn when Mourinho was here. As was Shaw. I have no idea why they've falling to shit lately. Not trying to rewrite the narrative.

Pogba....He would boil the piss of anyone
I know Martial is a lazy £#%&!. But he's still better than pretty much everyone else we've got.

When we've got better than £#%&!ers like Lukaku and Sanchez I'll be more behind selling Tony.

Unread 26-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Brucie

Quote:

I know Martial is a lazy £#%&!. But he's still better than pretty much everyone else we've got.

When we've got better than £#%&!ers like Lukaku and Sanchez I'll be more behind selling Tony.

We'll leave it there so

Unread 26-04-2019, 06:31 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

I'll wait here.
I'd rather have Rashford than him for a start. Sanchez was a better player before his United fall-off-a-cliff. De Gea before his meltdown.

Pogba is United's best player but he is so inconsistent it is untrue.

You know I rate Martial but £#%&! me his recent performances have been diabolical. The closing down, or lack thereof, against Everton was a £#%&!ing disgrace.

Unread 26-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Brucie

Quote:
I'd rather have Rashford than him for a start. Sanchez was a better player before his United fall-off-a-cliff. De Gea before his meltdown.

You know I rate Martial but £#%&! me his recent performances have been diabolical. The closing down, or lack thereof, against Everton was a £#%&!ing disgrace.
Pogba against Southampton away is out there on it's own though

Unread 26-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Fat Al

Quote:

Is the inconsistency entirely down to him or can the blame be laid at the plethora of shit@#%&!s he’s surrounded with?

Unread 26-04-2019, 07:44 PM
sa7

Quote:

You can’t count on them in the trenches.

If we’re genuinely going root and branch in terms of the team and operations, then there’s going to be some tough times. That’s when we will need strong characters and, talented as they are, that’s when children like Martial and Pogba will be found wanting. They’ll never fight their way into form.

Unread 26-04-2019, 08:11 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Is the inconsistency entirely down to him or can the blame be laid at the plethora of shit@#%&!s he’s surrounded with?

His inconsistency cannot be solely blamed on the shit@#%&!s around him .If he was any cop apart from the odd flash of skill then he'd show it more often

I remember Robbo when he was surrounded by decent but mediocre players always put in a shift and I struggle to remember him getting less than a 7 out of 10 week in week out

We need players with spines as much as skills and sadly he comes up short

Oh for a Robbo today

Unread 26-04-2019, 09:45 PM
Part 36 Offer

The other aspect is we have about 4 or 5 excellent kids coming through. Ole is the right man for helping their transition into the first team.

Unread 26-04-2019, 10:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
The other aspect is we have about 4 or 5 excellent kids coming through. Ole is the right man for helping their transition into the first team.
Need leaders in and around them though

You don’t win anything with kids...

Seriously though we need genuine leaders this summer.
Closed Thread