United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Luffy

Rossi is an AC Milan fan, its well documented. That wikipedia is wrong.

I worry that Rossi will become a star here and start to yearn for AC Milan - and he could probably make it too. But after spending time here I reckon he loves Utd now.

There are some players who look like they were born to play for Utd, Ronaldo, Rooney are two, they have everything from the skills to the flair and personality and Rossi is in that bracket.

At the minimum he will take Smith/Ole's place in the squad and I would sooenr throw him in at the start of the season than Nani/Anderson who will need much mroe time to settle.

The boy will be one of the top players in Europe, at the least, I totally expect him to reach the same level as the likes of Rooney.

as for his spell at newcastle, keep in mind Tevez and Mascherano were also frozen out at West Ham by stupid management. There was no way a Utd 19 yr old could go to Newcastle with a weak manager and get respect, if anything he would have been envied and resented by the shit players.

MUTV today has been allabout Rossi which is great. Reckon he is staying.

Unread 18-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Rossi is an AC Milan fan, its well documented. That wikipedia is wrong.

I worry that Rossi will become a star here and start to yearn for AC Milan - and he could probably make it too. But after spending time here I reckon he loves Utd now.

There are some players who look like they were born to play for Utd, Ronaldo, Rooney are two, they have everything from the skills to the flair and personality and Rossi is in that bracket.

At the minimum he will take Smith/Ole's place in the squad and I would sooenr throw him in at the start of the season than Nani/Anderson who will need much mroe time to settle.

The boy will be one of the top players in Europe, at the least, I totally expect him to reach the same level as the likes of Rooney.

as for his spell at newcastle, keep in mind Tevez and Mascherano were also frozen out at West Ham by stupid management. There was no way a Utd 19 yr old could go to Newcastle with a weak manager and get respect, if anything he would have been envied and resented by the shit players.

MUTV today has been allabout Rossi which is great. Reckon he is staying.
Great, what have they been saying?
I know Paddy likes him alot

Unread 18-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Darth Vidic

IF you watched him at Parma, that side didn't play the football we do but everything Rossi did was in our style, he'll fit right in.

Also if you saw him in the reserves you'd see that this fear of him not being able to cope with the physical side is %@#$&!s, as for him being slow where have you got that idea from?

Using someone like Glenn Roeder's team selection to back you up is laughable.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Great, what have they been saying?
I know Paddy likes him alot
Seems like most calls had a shout out about keeping Rossi, basically echoing our thoughts rhodzy, some say we don't need another striker, some say they hope Fergie gives him a chance and how he is such a great player and did well in Parma etc.

Paddy says this everytime, but he thinks Fergie is a huge fan of Rossi and will not let him go. I dont see why he wouldnt be, Fergie loves great attacking players and there aren't many 20 yr olds as good to watch as Rossi.

I enjoy watching him wherever he is, even at Newcastle you could see his quality with the limited playtime he got.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Ether

Quote:
he has been on the same pitch as giggs, ronaldo, scholes, rooney etc and has not looked out of place, in fact he probably played them all off the park.
When was this mythical game you constantly refer to? He's never been in a first team game and played any of the above players off the park, yet you bring up this 'fact' every time you go into one of your Rossi wet dreams.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
When was this mythical game you constantly refer to? He's never been in a first team game and played any of the above players off the park, yet you bring up this 'fact' every time you go into one of your Rossi wet dreams.
Started and was very good against Charlton on the last day of the season t'other year iirc. Certainly performed as well if not better than all of the players metioned (apart from Rooney as he was injured)

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
Started and was very good against Charlton on the last day of the season t'other year iirc. Certainly performed as well if not better than all of the players metioned (apart from Rooney as he was injured)
I remember that game, Scholes didn't play either. He certainly had a good game, but to say he played all our best players off the park is fantasy. Missed a few chances in a game in which even Richardson managed to score.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:28 PM
koppas

Quote:
Very true.

I only remember his goal at Sunderland - nothing else.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Luffy

its not just one game, or a select bunch of players.... ah nevermind. you guys are happy to criticise the best young player we've had in our reserves in a decade, thats bullshit. thats against the tradition of thie fine club.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:32 PM
koppas

Where have we criticised him? Best in 10 years?

£#%&!ing hell mate, wake up and pull his #@&%! out of your mouth.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Rossi the Red

Just noticed, Giuseppe Rossi looks like a young Rocky Balboa!

Class.

Always said he'd make it at united. Best young player to pull on the shirt for decades.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Ether

Quote:
its not just one game, or a select bunch of players.... ah nevermind. you guys are happy to criticise the best young player we've had in our reserves in a decade, thats bullshit. thats against the tradition of thie fine club.
I'm not criticising him, just you.

I think he's a fine young player and could well make it, but certain people are going a bit over the top about him. And that applies to both sides of the argument.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Crumps

Quote:
I remember that game, Scholes didn't play either. He certainly had a good game, but to say he played all our best players off the park is fantasy. Missed a few chances in a game in which even Richardson managed to score.
Scholesy did play I am sure he did. Rossi actually did perform well though and that's the only point I am trying to make and as for Richadrson I am pretty sure his goal was just an over hit pass.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:38 PM
koppas

[YOUTUBE]K5oItJkWNDQ[/YOUTUBE]

Overhit pass.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
[YOUTUBE]K5oItJkWNDQ[/YOUTUBE]

Overhit pass.

He meant to play that into Louis' path.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Darth Vidic

Scholes came on at half time I think, or as a sub anyway.

First people say they favour the likes of O'Shea and Brown over Evans, Simpson because they have ''experience'', now all this about Rossi

Would have thought people would be in favour of giving very talented young players their chance

Eric Harrison;
Quote:
“That if Rossi can’t make it here we may as well close down the academy.”

Luffy, agree with most things you say about Rossi, Ronaldo etc but think you're way off about Tevez. If we didn't have Rooney I'm sure we'd be after him.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:48 PM
koppas

Unread 18-06-2007, 10:22 PM
UnitedRoad

Default sorry

Quote:

He has been on the same park as senior players and either a) outplayed them or b) looked like he belonged.

He was never anonymous or looked like a lamb in the headlights like Miller, Djemba or Bellion, and that is the first sign that a player can make it.
did you watch him in any of those Carling cup matches? Anonymous.

this quote is the one that entertained me the most though

"There are some players who look like they were born to play for Utd, Ronaldo, Rooney are two, they have everything from the skills to the flair and personality and Rossi is in that bracket.
The boy will be one of the top players in Europe, at the least, I totally expect him to reach the same level as the likes of Rooney"

Rooney and Ronaldo are two players with rare ability. They are stars of their generation, let alone our team.

By 19 Rooney was already England's main hope of advancing in major International tournaments. Rossi, like I say, can't even get a regular start with the Italian U-21's.

It seems to me that you are the type of person who decides that they are going to become obsessed with something/someone to the point that you want to be the like their BIGGEST FAN. And you're young Guiseppe's biggest fan! Do you write him letters? You've got no and I mean NO perspective. Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi, Fabregas - they are future superstars. To put Rossi in that kind of league is just blindly ridiculous. I know scousers who swear their team is the best in England because they got to the CL final, despite losing twice to us and finishing 21 points behind. You sound like one of them.

Unread 18-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Father Christmas

Rossi's like Forlan - nice player but too lightweight to make it in England.

Unread 18-06-2007, 10:36 PM
UnitedRoad

Default not my words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Rossi's like Forlan - nice player but too lightweight to make it in England.
the words of Father Christmas...put your tin hat on...
Closed Thread