Unread 17-06-2007, 10:11 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppyplop
You had a wager or sommat?
5k vcash on all 3 winning

Unread 17-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Fat Al

Real Madrid can £#%&! off - Franco fascist £#%&!ers.

And please God will someone snap Reyes spine in a horrific two footed lunging drop kick 'tackle'.

The little @#%&! got the ball taken off him cleanly, whines like a £#%&!ing slapped bitch to the ref who told him to go away, 10 secs later, Reyes has gone completely thru the Mallorca player, no attmempt to even pretend to go for the ball. The bent ref yellow cards him and then the little @#%&! high 5's a team mate.

That incident is why Real Madrid can @#%&! off.

Unread 17-06-2007, 10:14 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Congrats to Ruud and Becks.

Madrid have done immensely in this last couple of months (and a bit longer). Shown the bottle numerous times, in coming from behind to win.
Agree, they've show true character this season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
@#%&!S
...however, denis is right. They're still @#%&!s

Happy for Becks & Ruud though.

Unread 17-06-2007, 10:22 PM
magic_cantona

My uncle summed Madrid up perfectly:

"£#%&!ing Madrid!They get battered every week but somehow manage to win.They don't play great football and are always getting £#%&!ing big pieces of luck.It's like watching Liverpool during the 80's."

Unread 17-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
My uncle summed Madrid up perfectly:

"£#%&!ing Madrid!They get battered every week but somehow manage to win.They don't play great football and are always getting £#%&!ing big pieces of luck.It's like watching Liverpool during the 80's."
What a load of %@#$&!s. The last few times they've come from behind they've thrown everything into attack, and have played some lovely stuff while doing so. Yes they've had their share of luck, but all teams do. To compare them to a side that used to win by boring the opposition into submission via passbacks is just shite.

Unread 17-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Tropical

Default Indeed.

Even under Capello, Madrid's football bears no comparison to Liverpool's.

Still a £#%&!ing loathsome club, though. And their taking the title off Barcelona is entirely Barcelona's own fault. Twice in the last few games they gave away last minute equalisers that took the matter out of their own hands. @#%&!s.

Unread 17-06-2007, 10:38 PM
magic_cantona

[quote=Ether;387168]What a load of %@#$&!s. The last few times they've come from behind they've thrown everything into attack, and have played some lovely stuff while doing so. Yes they've had their share of luck, but all teams do. To compare them to a side that used to win by boring the opposition into submission via passbacks is just shite.[/QUOTE]

It was more to do with Madrid being under the cosh on a regular basis, the opposition hitting posts and missing chance after chance but going up the other end and scoring.Late on, mostly.

Do they play better football than Barca?Do they batter teams out of sight?.They are the Chelsea of that league and there's no denying it.They've won the league on a head-to-head basis.

Very scouse.

Unread 17-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Tropical

Default Hm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It was more to do with Madrid being under the cosh on a regular basis, the opposition hitting posts and missing chance after chance but going up the other end and scoring.Late on, mostly.
Can't think of any other team that's won stuff that way...

Quote:
Do they play better football than Barca?
For much of this season, neither side has been that great. If you're talking consistent quality, it's a great shame Sevilla didn't win it. They deserved it.

Quote:
Do they batter teams out of sight?
Often, yes. But equally, they're soft at the back and have been for some time. As I said, I detest Real Madrid, but in simple footballing terms, the comparison to Chelsea or Liverpool doesn't stand up.

Quote:
They are the Chelsea of that league and there's no denying it.
In the sense that they have benefited hugely from highly unsavoury sources of money and power, yes.

Quote:
They've won the league on a head-to-head basis.

Very scouse.
They won the league because Barcelona #@&%!ed it up not once but twice when it was theirs for the taking.

Unread 17-06-2007, 10:56 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
Can't think of any other team that's won stuff that way...

Please, don't.

For much of this season, neither side has been that great. If you're talking consistent quality, it's a great shame Sevilla didn't win it. They deserved it.

Can see where you're coming from with that

Often, yes. But equally, they're soft at the back and have been for some time. As I said, I detest Real Madrid, but in simple footballing terms, the comparison to Chelsea or Liverpool doesn't stand up.

Disagree.

In the sense that they have benefited hugely from highly unsavoury sources of money and power, yes.

Aye, always.Corrupt @#%&!s.

They won the league because Barcelona #@&%!ed it up not once but twice when it was theirs for the taking.

Maybe, but the best team didn't win the league.It's a smacked arse statement, I know.

Unread 17-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Sparky***

whatever you think of real madrid, they've made our title celebrations look positively meek by comparison tonight.

Unread 17-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical

They seemed to look very tired towards the end of the season.Going all the way in the UEFA cup and the copa del rey and league £#%&!ed them up.Shame really they played some great football this year.

Unread 17-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Rhodzy

Ruuds interview on SSN, brought a tear to my eye

Unread 18-06-2007, 12:41 AM
shadowplay

Thumbs up

Delighted 2 United legends were left happy tonight.

Both players forever in my heart.

Unread 18-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Serenity Now

Fair play to Madrid. They've been fantastic to watch in the second half of the season, and even when the football hasn't been great the spirit they've shown has been extremely impressive. You really couldn't ask for a much more dramatic way to win a league title.

Phenomenal scenes after the final whistle too.

Nice to see Beckham finally get a proper trophy as well.

Unread 18-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now

Nice to see Beckham finally get a proper trophy as well.
Title, not trophy. They present it the first game of next season, so Becks will miss out, unless Tom and Katie fly him over.

Unread 18-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Title, not trophy. They present it the first game of next season, so Becks will miss out, unless Tom and Katie fly him over.
Pedant

Unread 18-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Serenity Now

On another note, did anyone else notice that Atleti failed to qualify for the UEFA Cup next season?

Torres already seemed ready to move, so would now be very surprised if he doesn't go this summer.

Unread 18-06-2007, 12:57 PM
MJ Ramone

Why all the bitterness towards Real Madrid???....anyone would think Beckham & Ruud had joined Liverpool or City

I'm glad Madrid won it for Becks & Ruud. I don't hate our ex-players...unless they've done something really bad.

La Liga was pure theatre these last 2 months. Madrid won 16 of their last 18 or something like that - 1 defeat & 1 draw.
Can't argue with that. Worthy Champions.

Anyway, hopefully now the Spanish season is over we'll get on with doing the sensible thing of signing Fernando Torres.

Unread 18-06-2007, 01:58 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Why all the bitterness towards Real Madrid???....anyone would think Beckham & Ruud had joined Liverpool or City

I'm glad Madrid won it for Becks & Ruud. I don't hate our ex-players...unless they've done something really bad.

La Liga was pure theatre these last 2 months. Madrid won 16 of their last 18 or something like that - 1 defeat & 1 draw.
Can't argue with that. Worthy Champions.

Anyway, hopefully now the Spanish season is over we'll get on with doing the sensible thing of signing Fernando Torres.

I dislike Madrid because of how they have cheated, schemed and bent rules right throughout their history.

The government have had a hand in lots of Madrids titles and, if I remember rightly, at one time they even invented a rule that Barca couldn't sign certain players but Madrid could.

It's not because Beckham and RVN have gone there that I dislike them.I've never liked them.Oh, and I'm genuinely pleased for Beckham.But not the other @#%&!.
Closed Thread