United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation The Anelka story was crap but we're in talks with torres

There was absolutely no substance in the anelka talks apparently, we never even spoke to bolton about the possibility.

the good news on our part is that one of our guys is talking to torres' agent, certainly nothing like a deal on the horizon yet but one may hope

Unread 07-06-2007, 06:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
There was absolutely no substance in the anelka talks apparently, we never even spoke to bolton about the possibility.

the good news on our part is that one of our guys is talking to torres' agent, certainly nothing like a deal on the horizon yet but one may hope
So, we'll be ok to spend another 20m + on Torres?

Just can't see it.Unless we start selling ASAP.Saha, Tweety, Richardson for starters.

Unread 07-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
So, we'll be ok to spend another 20m + on Torres?

Just can't see it.Unless we start selling ASAP.Saha, Tweety, Richardson for starters.
ditto. where the £#%&! is all this money comin from? havin said that i've heard figures of more like 15-18m for torres - but still

Unread 07-06-2007, 06:30 PM
waynes ear's

waynes ear's > torres

Unread 07-06-2007, 06:33 PM
shadowplay

Quote:

and you know this how?

Unread 07-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Rhodzy

£14m plus Heinze

Unread 07-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
waynes ear's > torres
Fergie,sign him up!

Unread 07-06-2007, 06:38 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
and you know this how?
he saw it in his tea cup

Unread 07-06-2007, 06:40 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
£14m plus Heinze
A nice bit if business indeed.

Unread 07-06-2007, 06:41 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
havin said that i've heard figures of more like 15-18m for torres - but still
Same here. I reckon (and hope!) that we'll get him.

Unread 07-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
and you know this how?
unfortunately(?) i know someone who's best mates with glazers PR and also is in the employment of the PL. there's a thread from a while back about the story.

Unread 07-06-2007, 07:34 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
unfortunately(?) i know someone who's best mates with glazers PR and also is in the employment of the PL. there's a thread from a while back about the story.
Ah, i see.Interesting.

Unread 07-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Ah, i see.Interesting.
mm don't see said person all that often, it's quite fun to hear some of the shit they come out with though from time to time. same source i got the lampard story from, never told me about anderson though despite knowing about it for a while that we were in talks with his agent hardly reliable

Unread 07-06-2007, 07:46 PM
shadowplay

Quote:

no no, everything said person says is spot on, but it's all a bity cryptic such as 'in talks with'

in fairness we're prob in talks with a few players. talks with torres have been going on since last summer, that much is definite

i'd love the £#%&!er at OT can you imagine it? hargreaves carrick scholes giggs ronaldo nani anderson rooney torres
That's good, but that last bit has left me with a broken chin

motwyw

Unread 07-06-2007, 07:47 PM
TreeFiddy

If we sign Torres or an equally high profile striker I'll start making some "Ten Times" t shirts immediately.

Unread 07-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I want to believe it but after last seasons debacle with Torres I don't know what to believe

Does bigMikeA have any history of WUMS?
easy tiger, i was only told in talks with. don't get too excited, shadowplays #@&%! has already smashed 2 windows in his house. the only wum i remember doing was one about being annoyed with don dave cos he stole my ronaldinho sticker. even that had some truth in it

Unread 09-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Rhodzy

Apparently hes still Fergies top striking target according to some papers

Unread 09-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Tensai

Quote:
Apparently hes still Fergies top striking target according to some papers
Tribalbollox print their news nowadays? @#%&!.

Unread 09-06-2007, 03:25 PM
jem

Default torres

is a donkey.

Unread 09-06-2007, 03:39 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
is a donkey.

Plenty of people thought Yorke was whilst at Villa. He seems very jaded at Athletico, I'm sure a move to a big club would release his potential.
Closed Thread