United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2019, 10:10 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Thought the scousers had it after the city loss at newcastle.

From possibly going 7 clear a week ago to now being 2nd place will be playing on their minds. Bournemouth not a bad side actually. Could be a tricky one.

I do think it is OTT the way some support city.

But imagine how disgusting it must feel for city fans knowing how irrelevant they are to so many united fans.

Liverpool are a proper football club.

Not exactly supporting them, mate. Just lesser of two evils and funnier to see the verm flop than the Berts. There’s no interest or expectation with them and nobody cares. There’s no comparing the despair. The Berts have no Bob, Bill, media posse or 96 angels to appease.

As a club, they will always have a presence butthey are £#%&!ing crippled and will never regain their heyday even if they eventually win a title.

They’ll drop points vs Bournemouth. Guaranteed.

Berts are a joke and will disappear soon enough.

Unread 07-02-2019, 10:30 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Roll over like an utter slag and have a bellies tickled for 7-0
You’ve changed your tune?

Unread 07-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
they'll be spinning it that it's the best thing that could've happened
The only concern is that it might be, given its only February. We need Liverpool to keep feeling the pressure and dropping points for a while yet, rather than feel like the weight has been lifted and they make a comeback because their mindset shifts. If that happens and city give them an opportunity, teams in that situation usually don’t bottle it again.

I suspect Liverpool won’t experience that feeling of the pressure being lifted and subsequent change in mindset until they’re about 7 points behind.

Imagine the lift they’ll get if they beat us to go back to the top. That could cause a shift in attitude that takes them all the way. Can’t be allowed to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
You’re all mad. Should be some kind of show trial on here when City polish off the Quad on 1st June.
It’s in our own hands to prevent that in two competitions.

Unread 07-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Fat Al

Last night I allowed myself to imagine that the vermin had a Newcastle style collapse & we not only caught them, but overtook them on the last day of the season.

Can you imagine their reaction? Their abject misery would be delicious.

Unread 07-02-2019, 12:08 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
there'll deffo be a number of their fans swinging from beams. after writing a suicide poem obvz

the £#%&!ing massive @#%&!s

Unread 07-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
there'll deffo be a number of their fans swinging from beams. after writing a suicide poem obvz

the £#%&!ing massive @#%&!s
I think I would actually believe in God & Sunny Jesus if we caught them.
I may even build a church in his honour*

* Prolly not, but if I did, it’d be by Nofers house to piss him off.

Unread 07-02-2019, 12:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Thought the scousers had it after the city loss at newcastle.

From possibly going 7 clear a week ago to now being 2nd place will be playing on their minds. Bournemouth not a bad side actually. Could be a tricky one.

I do think it is OTT the way some support city.

But imagine how disgusting it must feel for city fans knowing how irrelevant they are to so many united fans.

Liverpool are a proper football club.
In what way will Bournemouth be tricky??? They have one of the worst away records out there and they were absolutely awful at OT. Sure they have lost 12 of their last 16 or something ....it's the perfect game for the Dippers we just have to make sure we beat them in a couple of weeks

Unread 07-02-2019, 01:11 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
The only concern is that it might be, given its only February. We need Liverpool to keep feeling the pressure and dropping points for a while yet, rather than feel like the weight has been lifted and they make a comeback because their mindset shifts. If that happens and city give them an opportunity, teams in that situation usually don’t bottle it again.
Just imagine...a double dip(per) bottling

Unread 07-02-2019, 07:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
You’re all mad. Should be some kind of show trial on here when City polish off the Quad on 1st June.

Anyone with a 1999 themed username and was shown to have rooted for City should have it removed in public.
People - especially you - should be banned from saying "city quadruple". At the very least before they have actually won anything, you gigantic jessie

Unread 07-02-2019, 08:26 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Last night I allowed myself to imagine that the vermin had a Newcastle style collapse & we not only caught them, but overtook them on the last day of the season.

I think the only difference between last year’s end table and this year’s will be united dropping from 2nd to 3rd or 4th. City will win with Tottenham second. Be even funnier if we actually managed second ourselves so the table was exactly the same as last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
People - especially you - should be banned from saying "city quadruple". At the very least before they have actually won anything, you gigantic jessie
And especially since we can personally prevent them winning two of those trophies.

Unread 07-02-2019, 09:07 PM
saffers

Unread 07-02-2019, 09:31 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
In what way will Bournemouth be tricky??? They have one of the worst away records out there and they were absolutely awful at OT. Sure they have lost 12 of their last 16 or something ....it's the perfect game for the Dippers we just have to make sure we beat them in a couple of weeks
I actually think it will be a tricky one despite on paper being a near perfect visiting opponent. If Liverpool are starting to feel the pressure which I suspect they are, then any game this weekend will be a lot harder than usual. Let’s not forget Bournemouth battered Chelsea just over a week back so not exactly freefalling or anything like that.

Unread 07-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I actually think it will be a tricky one despite on paper being a near perfect visiting opponent. If Liverpool are starting to feel the pressure which I suspect they are, then any game this weekend will be a lot harder than usual. Let’s not forget Bournemouth battered Chelsea just over a week back so not exactly freefalling or anything like that.
They're a tidy side. I like them. Unfortunately, their defensive record away from home is appalling.

They'll concede a minimum of three goals.

Unread 07-02-2019, 11:08 PM
Zorg

Too much playing with fire on this thread. The Gods will punish you.

Unread 08-02-2019, 12:11 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Have to say I agree. At THIS point, I would have to say that Liverpool are still slight favourites, and though recent events do offer the chance of that altering we aren't there yet.

As they might say themselves, calm down

Unread 08-02-2019, 02:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Have to say I agree. At THIS point, I would have to say that Liverpool are still slight favourites, and though recent events do offer the chance of that altering we aren't there yet.

As they might say themselves, calm down
Don't think anybody on here would say different.

Unread 08-02-2019, 07:32 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Don't think anybody on here would say different.
Probably... but they’ve lost momentum and Ciddy will get a boost from recent results. A bit of complacency probably set in with the Berts and the history of the club and lack of support, lack of reaction to what success they have must be a bit deflating. Apart from the wedge they earn, there can’t be a lot of motivation playing for that lot and you’d think it would all have to come from within.

Unread 08-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
yep. just can't see liverpool losing it now. it's done. finito.

just get used to it.
Closed Thread