Never go back and all that.

Excellent little player.
Came off the bench with ten mins to go and scored twice on his Besiktas debut

Unread 03-02-2019, 07:13 PM
zanzare

Anyway, for all us pre 92ers,

Ashley Grimes.

The shit I gave him was off the scale.

But he played for United, he played in front of me many, many times.

Maybe it was jealousy, he was playing, I was paying.

He can't have been that bad because some weeks he did alright.

Not good, but alright.

Unread 03-02-2019, 07:59 PM
Tiberian

Nani of course. Yes he was frustrating, talent wise he was as good as anyone but injuries and having to play left wing because Valencia was a favourite of Fergie did not help him. Thrilled to see him play such a major role in Portugal winning the Euros.

Saha, or pretty much anyone who is constantly battling injuries, great player when his body was working, levels ahead of someone like Lukaku in everything bar goal-scoring.

Giggs, back in the days when I got to OT regularly there were a number of individuals who would spend the entire match abusing him. The same clowns loved Turn around Tony for his reliability no doubt.

Unread 03-02-2019, 08:30 PM
Buck

If Jonny Evans had better self-belief / mentality I reckon he could have still been at the club today. After he got sent off vs City most wanted him gone but he ended up having a good spell playing in Fergie's last 12-18 months. Fell apart in his last season at the club.

Unread 03-02-2019, 08:40 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
De Gea

And the definitive one, Park. Swear if that lad was German he’d have been taken a lot more serious by some.
he got a bit of stick in his first season here, but since then he has been widely regarded by our fans to be world class, who has saved our skin so many times.

Unread 03-02-2019, 08:43 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
If Jonny Evans had better self-belief / mentality I reckon he could have still been at the club today. After he got sent off vs City most wanted him gone but he ended up having a good spell playing in Fergie's last 12-18 months. Fell apart in his last season at the club.
He never fully recovered from getting £#%&!ed left right and centre off Carlton Cole.

Unread 03-02-2019, 08:46 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Good call.

Honestly thought he’d kick on under Van Gaal tbh, decent enough on the ball and a left sided centre back. All went to pot against Mk Dons and the writing was on the wall.

Unread 04-02-2019, 01:06 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The poster or Kettleneck?
Both

Unread 04-02-2019, 08:53 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Fletcher

Jim Leighton

Rashford

Giggs about 15 years ago (although that might've been mainly Me )
What the £#%&!? You’ve thrown that blind bastard in for a laugh, yes?

Unread 04-02-2019, 09:11 AM
92ToBury

Fletcher got deserved stick when he played out right because he couldn't; he was a centre-mid and that's all he could play. Once finally switched there by Frogson he proved his worth.

Unread 04-02-2019, 10:26 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
What the £#%&!? You’ve thrown that blind bastard in for a laugh, yes?
He was good for his first couple of seasons.

Unread 04-02-2019, 08:05 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzare
Anyway, for all us pre 92ers,

Ashley Grimes.

The shit I gave him was off the scale.

But he played for United, he played in front of me many, many times.

Maybe it was jealousy, he was playing, I was paying.

He can't have been that bad because some weeks he did alright.

Not good, but alright.
Graeme Hogg was another much-maligned player, mainly for a series of Hogg o.g. score updates within a few months of each other. Reasonable enough defender apart from them.

Unread 05-02-2019, 12:10 AM
red in cumbria

Nah, he was shite.

Unread 05-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He was good for his first couple of seasons.
He was alright and then he developed a habit of throwing the ball in the net and costing us goals on the regular. By the time he was dropped he was a joke among the fans and a liability. Hardly unfairly maligned.
Closed Thread