United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: ..
Team Pog - our star player, team should be built around him, Jose just isn't using him correctly 7 16.28%
Team Mou - the boss, knows best, Pogba isn't pulling his weight and needs to sort his attitude out 15 34.88%
£#%&! the pair of them - get rid 21 48.84%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 15-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Never wanted Pogba to return, couldn’t careless if Jose left tomorrow...
Whisper it..

Unread 15-02-2018, 06:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Whisper it..

Unread 15-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Clarkie

If there is actually an issue, backing anyone other than the manager is insane.
Would be a disaster for the club, regardless of who the player is or who the manager is

Unread 15-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
If there is actually an issue, backing anyone other than the manager is insane.
Would be a disaster for the club, regardless of who the player is or who the manager is
How about Gerardo Martino and Lionel Messi?

Unread 15-02-2018, 07:23 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Absolute nerve

Unread 15-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
How about Gerardo Martino and Lionel Messi?
They had a bust up when he was manager of Argentina did they not?

Unread 15-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Cream

Quote:
They had a bust up when he was manager of Argentina did they not?
What are confused about?

He managed Barcelona. Briefly. And you'd back Messi against him, otherwise you'd be #@&%!ed.

Unread 15-02-2018, 08:36 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
What are confused about?

He managed Barcelona. Briefly. And you'd back Messi against him, otherwise you'd be #@&%!ed.
They had a falling out, I was asking whether it was at International level. Thought that was obvious but, clearly not for some...

I'm not talking about Barcelona or Tottenham Hotspur, I'm talking about Manchester United, who no one is bigger than. I'd rather not see players run the asylum

Last time I checked, this thread was about United, Mourinho and a half arsed Pogba, who is again causing hassle at the club...Not Lionel Messi

Unread 15-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Cream

Quote:
They had a falling out, I was asking whether it was at International level. Thought that was obvious but, clearly not for some...

I'm not talking about Barcelona or Tottenham Hotspur, I'm talking about Manchester United, who no one is bigger than. I'd rather not see players run the asylum

Last time I checked, this thread was about United, Mourinho and a half arsed Pogba, who is again causing hassle at the club...Not Lionel Messi
What if Messi played for us and Martino was managing?

Unread 15-02-2018, 09:17 PM
Whalefish

Player power can get to £#%&!. No love for Jose tbh but don't want a Chelsea scenario where player's can down tools/go crying to owner(s) or their mates in the media and see that a manager gets the boot.

Pogba needs to listen and improve as a player, become a team player too. Dabbing #@&%!.

Unread 15-02-2018, 09:24 PM
marlo

to be honest none of them are right as Mourinho doesn't seem to be able to pick a team to save his life.

last season he started off playing pogba and Fellaini in 2 man midfield. our attacking midfield with the least mobile of all our other midfielders.
this season he just doesn't get it and doesn't even switch teams or formations to suit the opposition.

pogba hasn't covered himself in glory by not playing well constantly at all.

Unread 15-02-2018, 09:37 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
last season he started off playing pogba and Fellaini in 2 man midfield. our attacking midfield with the least mobile of all our other midfielders.

this season he just doesn't get it and doesn't even switch teams or formations to suit the opposition.
I'd forgotten about that, christ almighty!!

As for the second point, I thought he was supposed to be a pragmatist so in that sense he'd have no problem changing his teams depending on the opposition or in terms of how a game was going. Only thing I can (or want to) recall from this season is a shift to 5-3-2 against teams who played that formation. My memory isn't great but from what I remember that actually worked well enough.

Still want to know where that natural wide player he wants is, or when he is arriving.

The starting eleven needs some work still (a commanding CB, new full back(s)) and a good chance a couple of midfielders will need to be brought in the Summer. Given the WC and the window closing early it's going to be carnage. Good luck Ed! There's still a big question mark over the attack too, lot of numbers but are they the right players? £#%&! knows if Jose will get it right.

Unread 16-02-2018, 12:25 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
to be honest none of them are right as Mourinho doesn't seem to be able to pick a team to save his life.

Spot on.

Unread 16-02-2018, 03:56 AM
utd99

Lurkers love a poll.

Unread 16-02-2018, 09:09 AM
sub three hours

Quote:

Yep, exactamundo

Unread 16-02-2018, 10:13 AM
AK14

Quote:

That's %@#$&!s, he's done it a number of times

Switches between 3 at the back, to some times a three in midfield but his preferred formation has been 4-2-3-1.

Unread 16-02-2018, 12:02 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
That's balls, he's done it a number of times

Switches between 3 at the back, to some times a three in midfield but his preferred formation has been 4-2-3-1.
well its been obvious things haven't been going well and we haven't looked a constant attacking threat or a balanced team so why is he still persisting with 2 man midfields...

luke shaw plays himself back into form and offers balance being left footed and he keeps reverting back to a limited Ashley young who isn't even covering himself in glory.

but let martial make a few stray passes and he will bench him.

he is a petty egotistical #@&%! with 'favourites' within the squad. even the favourites he picks are usually players who regularly let us down.
last season he kept favouring Fellaini despite the evidence infant of him of the guy being shit....he came on once top run the clock and conceeded a penalty...I think he even started him the next game.
after all that his favourite leaving us on a free to join Madrid or Barcelona??....nope Besiktas.

and the biggest issue is he must watch other games. spurs, city and even Liverpool to a certain degree and see how they attack with cohesion and fluidity and doesn't even think of trying to emulate that...or at last adopt some principles based on he is seeing...

we went to Dubai for some training, came back and within 5 minutes on the pitch we were looking at Valencia just aimlessly strike the ball from the right wing into the box...

Unread 16-02-2018, 12:18 PM
Baron

Quote:
well its been obvious things haven't been going well and we haven't looked a constant attacking threat or a balanced team so why is he still persisting with 2 man midfields...

luke shaw plays himself back into form and offers balance being left footed and he keeps reverting back to a limited Ashley young who isn't even covering himself in glory.

he is a petty egotistical #@&%! with 'favourites' within the squad. even the favourites he picks are usually players who regularly let us down.
last season he kept favouring Fellaini despite the evidence infant of him of the guy being shit....he came on once top run the clock and conceeded a penalty...I think he even started him the next game.

after all that his favourite leaving us on a free to join Madrid or Barcelona??....nope Besiktas.

and the biggest issue is he must watch other games. spurs, city and even Liverpool to a certain degree and see how they attack with cohesion and fluidity and doesn't even think of trying to emulate that...or at last adopt some principles based on he is seeing...

we went to Dubai for some training, came back and within 5 minutes on the pitch we were looking at Valencia just aimlessly strike the ball from the right wing into the box...
I think, and I can't really substantiate it with evidence, Mourinho's favourites tag is based upon the effort & professionalism a player puts in at all times. If you work your absolute %@#$&!s off, if you do the exact role he asks of you, if you say all the right things & don't stray from his guiding hand etc, then you will be in the side & playing etc.

So, if everyone in the squad was onboard, it would be a harmonious & well directed group with the talented ones shining as everyone else does their maximum. Except of course these are modern professionals, all multi-millionaires & preening little @#%&!s, from all over the world. I think it's harder & harder for a manager like Jose who's disciplinarian style seems to take a lot longer to take effect. Unless you have that dressing room locked down, then it is going to be a tough gig. It's why you need the big characters, you need Zlatan in there, you need Pogba on board, you need talkers & organisers etc. I see a lot of individuals, not so many leaders, no real ability to self-manage. Shaw for example, for all his obvious talent, seems to have taken £#%&!ing ages to work out that he needs to listen, shut the £#%&! up & really work his %@#$&!s off to make it as an elite player. He's probably absolutely coasted his way through life because is genuinely that good that he can put in 85% & still be decent. That's not going to fly with Jose.

That being said, I have plenty of issues with the same things you've mentioned in regards to shape, formation or attacking intent.... but I didn't really think we'd get much else from him. He's going to reinforce in the summer, likely with some players that are infinitely better than what we have, maybe someone like a Vidal / Fabinho / Jorginho will knit the midfield together, but who knows.

Unread 16-02-2018, 12:22 PM
puressence

Quote:

doesnt youre favourite play in turkey ??? levels

Unread 16-02-2018, 12:50 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
doesnt youre favourite play in turkey ??? levels
nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I think, and I can't really substantiate it with evidence, Mourinho's favourites tag is based upon the effort & professionalism a player puts in at all times. If you work your absolute balls off, if you do the exact role he asks of you, if you say all the right things & don't stray from his guiding hand etc, then you will be in the side & playing etc.

So, if everyone in the squad was onboard, it would be a harmonious & well directed group with the talented ones shining as everyone else does their maximum. Except of course these are modern professionals, all multi-millionaires & preening little c***s, from all over the world. I think it's harder & harder for a manager like Jose who's disciplinarian style seems to take a lot longer to take effect. Unless you have that dressing room locked down, then it is going to be a tough gig. It's why you need the big characters, you need Zlatan in there, you need Pogba on board, you need talkers & organisers etc. I see a lot of individuals, not so many leaders, no real ability to self-manage. Shaw for example, for all his obvious talent, seems to have taken f***ing ages to work out that he needs to listen, shut the f*** up & really work his balls off to make it as an elite player. He's probably absolutely coasted his way through life because is genuinely that good that he can put in 85% & still be decent. That's not going to fly with Jose.

That being said, I have plenty of issues with the same things you've mentioned in regards to shape, formation or attacking intent.... but I didn't really think we'd get much else from him. He's going to reinforce in the summer, likely with some players that are infinitely better than what we have, maybe someone like a Vidal / Fabinho / Jorginho will knit the midfield together, but who knows.
what about actually making some decent tasting soup with the ingredient we already have. the kitchen is hardly bare....

we probably have a better squad then both spurs and Liverpool, yet we can't even conjure up a decent performance against a top 8 team.
Closed Thread