Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-03-2017, 05:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
none of those players I listed were or are wage thieves ffs

typical arrogant response.
You knowledge & appreciation of Football is nowhere near as sophisticated or as interesting as you make out.
you're talking utter shit so i'm not surprised bunks agrees with you ...

how many times did you watch anderson play in his last 3 or 4 years at united? i'd ask how many times did you ever see him play but let's not go there.

Unread 26-03-2017, 05:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you're talking utter shit so i'm not surprised bunks agrees with you ...

how many times did you watch anderson play in his last 3 or 4 years at united? i'd ask how many times did you ever see him play but let's not go there.

you're such a childish tit aren't you?
Really weird how you're incapable of having a normal conversation without getting on your high horse.

Unread 26-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Really weird how you're incapable of having a normal conversation without getting on your high horse.
you're the one giving it large pal ...

no surprise you've had to play the man in this conversation though.

Unread 26-03-2017, 05:50 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
you're the one giving it large pal ...
'giving it large' ?!

I was making a point about unfairly maligned players who get it in the neck because their face doesn't fit - & agreeing with dunk that sadly a lot of the time that tends to be lads who have come through the ranks at United.

Unread 26-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
'giving it large' ?!
Quote:
only laughable mongs are slating any of those players.
Quote:
none of those players I listed were or are wage thieves ffs

typical arrogant response.
Quote:

so come on, what exactly was anderson's contribution during his last 3 or 4 years of getting £100k a week?

Unread 26-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
https://www.theguardian.com/football...nited-west-ham

i am amused by the incongruity of these with the general consensus on here

guess there are second acts in premiership life.
Quote:
Ben Foster has been outstanding – there is no better English keeper at the moment
Takes the shine off the evans praise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The Everton fan called Schneiderlin world class

Really does show the difference in pressure and scrutiny at the biggest clubs, even though it's just a few places higher in the league.
Absolutely true. People love to make out United aren't as big a club as their fans think but players - including some big names - have wilted under the limelight.

Unread 26-03-2017, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
only laughable mongs are slating rashford
Are you sure that should even be plural?

Unread 26-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Zorg

Loved Duaners' brilliant description of when Denis Iwrin played for Wolves

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...50&postcount=5

Unread 26-03-2017, 06:58 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Loved Duaners' brilliant description of when Denis Iwrin played for Wolves

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...50&postcount=5

Unread 26-03-2017, 07:00 PM
red in cumbria

He's quite right in his conclusion, of course.

Unread 26-03-2017, 07:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
totally agree - the idea we needed a mass clear out of fergie's title-winning squad was ridiculous. i reckon this has been more than proven by events.
Perhaps, but it's not exactly been the main problem. Very few are sitting around wishing we still had Johnny Evans. The squad players aren't the ones we've failed to replace - it's been the key personnel. Fergie's last side had seven or eight important figures who were all either past it or close to that stage. Three summers passed without really replacing many of those guys, at least not in the short term.

Last summer was a step in the right direction, albeit Zlat is a temporary solution and Pogba and Mkhi still have it to prove.

Unread 26-03-2017, 07:41 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Jonny Evans biggest problem was that he needed a run to settle down, once he'd had a run of games he was good, but if he was just getting odd games here and there you could see the nerves in his game and he looked shite, I suspect there's an element of that in some of our centre halves now, if we could settle on a first choice and stick with it for more than a couple of games it would start to look better (having said that I do think the dooming about our defence on here is massively overstated).

Got to watch Schneiderlin for Everton through a works thing a couple of weeks back, he looks a completely different player he keeps them ticking over, he looks like the player we thought we'd bought from Southampton, and honestly I don't buy it being all the shirt, I think he's just playing for a manager that appreciates him and that's brought his confidence back.

Unread 26-03-2017, 07:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Jonny Evans biggest problem was that he needed a run to settle down, once he'd had a run of games he was good, but if he was just getting odd games here and there you could see the nerves in his game and he looked shite, I suspect there's an element of that in some of our centre halves now, if we could settle on a first choice and stick with it for more than a couple of games it would start to look better (having said that I do think the dooming about our defence on here is massively overstated).

Got to watch Schneiderlin for Everton through a works thing a couple of weeks back, he looks a completely different player he keeps them ticking over, he looks like the player we thought we'd bought from Southampton, and honestly I don't buy it being all the shirt, I think he's just playing for a manager that appreciates him and that's brought his confidence back.
Alarm bells went for me at his first press conference when he said that growing up he was always told he has the ability but not the right mentality. That he needed to toughen up. And this was at a small club in France. I remember being a little worried that both he and Darmian had been second tier players not long before joining United. It's impossible to know if they can handle the pressure.

Looked stage-frightened from his first game for us. Had one or two decent matches but looked a guy out of his depth. Shame because he's a good enough footballer and a strong athlete. But it has to be there mentally or you've no chance.

Unread 26-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen

Evans' head at completely gone at the end. One of his last games (think he may have come on as a sub) he was awful, almost like he was scared of playing. The chance was there for him to become the mainstay in the side when Rio and Vidic left, both of whom he partnered well. Pretty sure Evans played quite a lot of games in that run when we didn't concede for an age.

Unread 26-03-2017, 08:02 PM
est.1878

Thumbs up

Happy with the manager? David Moyes has looked a lost man for most of the season. There appears to be a cloud over his head with the question “What on earth am I doing here?” written on it. A large proportion of the support are beginning to wonder the same.

Unread 26-03-2017, 08:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Happy with the manager? David Moyes has looked a lost man for most of the season. There appears to be a cloud over his head with the question “What on earth am I doing here?” written on it. A large proportion of the support are beginning to wonder the same.

He's finished after he takes them down imo.

Unread 26-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
The phrase "stay in your lane" has never been more appropriate

Unread 26-03-2017, 08:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

He's finished after he takes them down imo.
I would like to think so, but he seems genuinely indestructible. We could be in garlic and stake through the heart territory here

Unread 26-03-2017, 08:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I would like to think so, but he seems genuinely indestructible. We could be in garlic and stake through the heart territory here

Three bad jobs on the bounce is tough for any manager to come back from. Especially in England.

Unread 26-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Buck

Evans had a good pass on him. Remember the home game against Arsenal in 2012-13 where he was pinging the ball around for fun. He had a lot of natural talent but agree with others that he needed a run of games get going.

There is a level of apprehension you should heed when reading these comments from fans of other clubs. For example Michael Keane - who I do rate - gets lots of plaudits for his defending. But he plays for a team who do a lot of defending. So his strengths are magnified [toughness, no nonsense defender] while any weakness can be hidden.

Jones and Smalling would look more impressive if their game was simplified to "sit deep and put your body on the line" and they have the comfort of midfielders making up the numbers at the back. At Utd and most big clubs you're expected to be on the front foot so their limitations on the ball are clear for all to see and they're left to look after themselves out of possession...which they aren't good enough to be able to. We won't have another Rio who could play from the back and defend 1v1 situations comfortably but that's the marker of a centre back for a top team.
Closed Thread