United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2019, 01:17 PM
Sparky***

Bar a couple of flashes he failed to produce anything of note other than being sent off.

You have to say, regardless of how much you like him or not, it really doesn't get any worse than that. Especially for him against his home town team.

Now he'll miss the return leg pretty much ensuring that we'll almost certainly go out barring one of the all-time great European comebacks against the odds.

A real shitter of a night all round imo.

Unread 13-02-2019, 01:24 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Bar a couple of flashes he failed to produce anything of note other than being sent off.

You have to say, regardless of how much you like him or not, it really doesn't get any worse than that. Especially for him against his home town team.

Now he'll miss the return leg pretty much ensuring that we'll almost certainly go out barring one of the all-time great European comebacks against the odds.

We can concentrate on the league now

Unread 13-02-2019, 01:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
We can concentrate on the league now
True.

Unread 13-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Disappointing to be it mildly but Tuchel did his homework and realized Pogba is the only player in our squad who has any creativity
Stop the ball getting to him in space and you’ve taken away most of our attack as Herrera and Matic offer nothing going forward
Yup, and they were all over Martial and Rashford until they went off. I thought our gameplan was a bit naive - anyone could have predicted the way we lined up and our tactics. PSG bossed it completely.

Although really, I thought it showed up the shortcomings of the squad rather than management or the first 11.

Lukaku, Sanchez and Mata (god bless his cotton socks) are simply not good enough. I presume fred has died or something.

Unread 13-02-2019, 03:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Was still probably our biggest threat and produced the better moments. I think with a better plan and support he'll be fine on this stage.

We really do lack experience at this level unfortunately. From six years ago when we played Madrid with a side absolutely packed full of experience, we now play games like last night and for 8 or 9 of them it was probably the biggest European match they've played in.

Look across to the other side and see Buffon, Thiago Silva, Verratt, Di Maria, Dani Alves. Masses of experience.

Unread 13-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Was still probably our biggest threat and produced the better moments. I think with a better plan and support he'll be fine on this stage.

We really do lack experience at this level unfortunately. From six years ago when we played Madrid with a side absolutely packed full of experience, we now play games like last night and for 8 or 9 of them it was probably the biggest European match they've played in.

Look across to the other side and see Buffon, Thiago Silva, Verratt, Di Maria, Dani Alves. Masses of experience.
yep. you forget that since fergie left we've only qualified for this competition 3 times.

Unread 13-02-2019, 05:10 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

Yep.

It really showed. They managed the game really well and we couldn't lay a glove on them.

Unread 13-02-2019, 05:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Yep.

It really showed. They managed the game really well and we couldn't lay a glove on them.
I’d be surprised if Buffon and Alves haven’t played more CL games than our whole team put together.

How many of our starting line up from last night have played in a bigger European game than that? De Gea and Pog? That’s not something that’s easy to address either.

Unread 13-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I’d be surprised if Buffon and Alves haven’t played more CL games than our whole team put together.

How many of our starting line up from last night have played in a bigger European game than that? De Gea and Pog? That’s not something that’s easy to address either.
Hopefully, some of them won't be playing another after Paris.

Unread 13-02-2019, 06:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Hopefully, some of them won't be playing another after Paris.
I think we all know they will.

Unread 13-02-2019, 06:41 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I think we all know they will.
I meant our lots, not theirs*

* Tho that may also mean we bomb out of the top 4...

Unread 13-02-2019, 06:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I meant our lots, not theirs*

* Tho that may also mean we bomb out of the top 4...
I just think that everyone who played will be here next season other than perhaps Lukaku.

Unread 13-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I just think that everyone who played will be here next season other than perhaps Lukaku.
Maybe Sanchez too. The glazers are happy with top 4 given the investment that would be needed to get to the elite European level. Is all cost benefit with them and it adds to not being worth the risk, same as last summer.

I think the biggest issue with these players is they can’t handle expectation. Bottled it when expected to beat Seville in the quarters. And since Ole joined they’ve had no real expectation placed on them until this PSG game. First big game with expectation and too many wilted.

And to think woodward thinks this squad just needs a few tweaks.

Unread 13-02-2019, 08:47 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Maybe Sanchez too. The glazers are happy with top 4 given the investment that would be needed to get to the elite European level. Is all cost benefit with them and it adds to not being worth the risk, same as last summer.

I think the biggest issue with these players is they can’t handle expectation. Bottled it when expected to beat Seville in the quarters. And since Ole joined they’ve had no real expectation placed on them until this PSG game. First big game with expectation and too many wilted.

Sevilla was the last 16, shocked you need reminding of that

Unread 18-02-2019, 10:07 AM
saffers

Big performance from tonight coming.

Apparently he was distraught post match v Paris and apologised to all his teammates.

Unread 18-02-2019, 10:11 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Big performance from tonight coming.

Apparently he was distraught post match v Paris and apologised to all his teammates.
Nah, he's downing tools again apparently because his manager had a go at the team

Unread 18-02-2019, 10:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

What's it like sat in the boardroom at OT Jammy? Is the conference call really as horrible and cringeworthy as I expect it to be?

Unread 18-02-2019, 10:38 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Pogba: We need a world class performance from him tonight.
we wont get one

Unread 18-02-2019, 02:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Will deliver.

Unread 18-02-2019, 02:35 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Will deliver.
hope he does. Wont hold my breath
Closed Thread