United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2019, 10:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
They were well prepared. The time he failed to control that cross-field pass was pretty much the only time we looked like getting him into the game. Have to give Tuchel credit for how they neutralised our players and PSG looked more solid than they have at this level.
My dad nailed it back in the mid-90's when we were just getting good; who do you mark? If all your attacking players, or all your players, are quality and a threat going forward, it becomes a game of 1v1's and then we win, because the opposition will lose concentration.

We had 3 genuine threats, in Pogba, Martial and Rashford, everyone else could be left on the ball, which is why it looked as if Young, Shaw, Herrera and Matic weren't utterly useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Yup.

Funny how Herrera and Young had so much of the ball in the last 20 when they were sitting back. Totally shut down our better players and even managed to get one sent off.

We were nervous, naive and short of class at this level. Ole knows.
He does. That was a much better game for us than a lot of people will consider, this is a team playing well, a settled 11 etc. and the lack of quality in key areas and depth in the squad was highlighted, drastically. No ifs, buts or maybes.

Unread 13-02-2019, 11:02 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He does. That was a much better game for us than a lot of people will consider, this is a team playing well, a settled 11 etc. and the lack of quality in key areas and depth in the squad was highlighted, drastically. No ifs, buts or maybes.
nqat

Unread 13-02-2019, 11:31 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
My dad nailed it back in the mid-90's when we were just getting good; who do you mark? If all your attacking players, or all your players, are quality and a threat going forward, it becomes a game of 1v1's and then we win, because the opposition will lose concentration.

We had 3 genuine threats, in Pogba, Martial and Rashford, everyone else could be left on the ball, which is why it looked as if Young, Shaw, Herrera and Matic weren't utterly useless.
I do think the lack of a playmaker in midfield did hurt us. It's one thing finding our attacker in space against Fulham, but against the top sides having that brain in midfield to conduct the game is so important. For all the talk of full-backs, centre-backs and maybe someone else for the forward line, I'd love to see us try and get someone to pull the strings from deeper in midfield. It's not Pogab's bag.

Unread 13-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Buck

Quote:

Touching to see Dunk Sr's wisdom has stayed with you all these years. I can barely remember what my father told me last week the drunk bastard.

Unread 13-02-2019, 04:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Makes you glad Neymar and Cavani weren't fit or it could have been brutal.
Unless one takes the view that their absence actually made PSG perform better as a team?

Unread 20-02-2019, 07:50 PM
TheFatGoth

Just posted on instagram apologising for "the evil I have been able to do during the last few months. I've made mistake and I'm sorry it won't happen again"

Unread 20-02-2019, 07:53 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Just posted on instagram apologising for "the evil I have been able to do during the last few months. I've made mistake and I'm sorry it won't happen again"

Fantastic, let's all just move on now.

Unread 20-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

Been caught cheating on his 'baby mother' (), hasn't he.

A part of me thinks this won't be the last time the lad gets caught sleeping around.

Unread 20-02-2019, 07:56 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

A part of me thinks this won't be the last time the lad gets caught sleeping around.
he's been playing well so, I hope the sleeping around continues!

Unread 20-02-2019, 07:57 PM
Bunker Buster

He bloody loves the tail this lad, bloody loves it....

Unread 20-02-2019, 08:58 PM
saffers

"The evil I have been able to do".

What an absolute don.

Not condoning extramartial erm, i mean extramarital affairs.

Unread 20-02-2019, 09:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
"The evil I have been able to do".

What an absolute don.

Unread 20-02-2019, 09:01 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

zing

Unread 21-02-2019, 06:31 AM
windy waffles

Monster.

Unread 21-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

he needs to be sold. manchester united is not a club for adulterers.

"get out and stay out!"

Unread 16-03-2019, 10:12 PM
Vedder

When’s he back from injury?

AK14

Overrated lazy £#%&!er and complete @#%&! of a poster.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
When’s he back from injury?
Harsh.

But not unfair tbh.

Unread 16-03-2019, 10:24 PM
Clownbones

I like the lad, but he was cliched Martial lazy bastard tonight.

Unread 16-03-2019, 10:25 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I like the lad, but he was cliched Martial lazy bastard tonight.
Any manager we appoint is going to have to confront this problem. It wasn’t invented by Mourinho.
Closed Thread