United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-06-2007, 03:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I never said none of it was his fault either!

"Perhaps his style of play didn't suit the kind of flowing, attacking football we've seen this season"

Not sure if that's really something to blame him for though. He is what he is. If he wasn't suited to our game then that's not necessarily his fault. As I said, Ferguson knew what he was getting when he signed him. IMO he never failed to deliver what was expected of him.
It's not about fault, that's totally irrelevant, it's about consequences. Ruud leaving was a major reason behind our change to the current attacking free flowing style we've adopted and he couldn't play. He isn't to blame for this, it's just what happened but it is summat that seems to escape so many on here who can't stop harking back to the great days of Ruud. In theend it worked out for both parties and as such I can't understand the need too look back a couple of years when there's so much to look forward to.

Unread 19-06-2007, 03:30 PM
TreeFiddy

I agree totally with that last post. I'm not "harking back to the great days of Ruud". I just don't like seeing a player that I'll always love being called a @#%&! and being made a scapegoat by some. The Ruud avatar is just to wind up the haters.

Unread 19-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Do Real Madrid play crap, one dimensional football with Ruud in the side? I don't think they do. .

You obviously haven't watched them this season.

No one is doubting his goalscoring ability and his record for the club but we are by far a better team without him NOW.

It was evident towards the end of last season when he was dropped for Saha.

Perhaps the jury was still out in some peoples minds before this season started but if you cannot see the difference now then you need help.
Closed Thread