United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up Terry Christian On Andy Cole: Now On Talksport

£#%&!ing spot on. Anyone who doubts or undervalues Andy Cole's talent is either a £#%&!ing idiot, a racist or both.

Unread 16-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Riverside

Give him the ball he'll score a goal - Andy Andy Cole. Says it all really.

Cole doubters should put the Treble DVD on and watch it from end to end, twice.

Unread 16-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Wooney

Great thread, wonderful revelation.

Unread 16-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside
Give him the ball he'll score a goal - Andy Andy Cole. Says it all really.

Cole doubters should put the Treble DVD on and watch it from end to end, twice.
Glenn Hoddle's £#%&! throw a way comment was taken on board by too many idiots who let the media form their judgements. This comment was only £#%&!ing said to protcet his own failings as a manager. He is a sound bloke too.

Unread 16-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooney
Great thread, wonderful revelation.
Do I detect sarcasm?

Unread 16-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Wooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
Do I detect sarcasm?
What's so confusing about that?

Unread 16-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Crumps

Quote:
What's so confusing about that?
There don't seem to be any other threads on the same subject. Which I thought you were hinting at.

Unread 16-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Couldn't agree more re; Andrew Cole. £#%&!ing star. Was sorry to see him leave when he did.

Like Riverside said, you watch the highlights of 99 and the combination of him and Yorke is better than any strike partnership you'll ever see. And that's not rose tinted either.

Unread 16-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Wooney

Quote:
There don't seem to be any other threads on the same subject. Which I thought you were hinting at.
Not at all, well yes a little....you not looked over the fence recently?

Unread 16-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Not at all, well yes a little....you not looked over the fence recently?
Don't bother with it at all now.

Unread 16-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Couldn't agree more re; Andrew Cole. £#%&!ing star. Was sorry to see him leave when he did.

Like Riverside said, you watch the highlights of 99 and the combination of him and Yorke is better than any strike partnership you'll ever see. And that's not rose tinted either.
Spot on. He set up a shit load of goals too. I've always preferred players like him compared to out and out goal scorers. Fast, good movement, scores a lot of goals (albeit not a goal machine), team player, intelligent, hard worker and will set up a player if they have a better chance of scoring. If he would have been a bit more media savvy and if it wasn't for that stupid £#%&!ing Hoddle comment he'd be rated by a hell of a lot more people than he currently is.

Unread 16-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Wooney

Quote:
Don't bother with it at all now.
I remember you as a decent poster,anyway i digress, Cole was quality but played in a wonderful side, Ruud everytime for me

Baron

thread on the other side spelt it out & he's reading it off there - Cole vs Shearer stats etc including without pens etc.

Fuzzy Dunlop

What Hoddle comment?

I always thought he was underrated because he runs like a granny.

Unread 16-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
What Hoddle comment?

I always thought he was underrated because he runs like a granny.
"He needs three chances to score a goal." Name me a £#%&!ing striker who doesn't in the big scheme of things? Talk to any idiot about Coley and that's all you get off em.

Unread 16-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
thread on the other side spelt it out & he's reading it off there - Cole vs Shearer stats etc including without pens etc.
What's the point being made? That Cole was as good as Shearer? Anyone who believes that is having a giggle.

Unread 16-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
What's the point being made? That Cole was as good as Shearer? Anyone who believes that is having a giggle.
Utd were better off having Cole than Shearer. A lot of people seem to suggest that having Shearer would have won us more than 1 EC. No guarantee at all, RVN, a similar style of player scored a shit load while the rest of the team made less of an impact.

Cole was an all round brilliant player, first time lay offs, unselfish, brave, far better on the ball than he was given credit for, and a more intelligent football brain as well. Cole was occasionally deployed on the left win by Fergie, and he took to it a lot better than Rooney did, games like Fiorentina and Porto showed how effective he was.

He did a great job for us.

Unread 16-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Utd were better off having Cole than Shearer. A lot of people seem to suggest that having Shearer would have won us more than 1 EC. No guarantee at all, RVN, a similar style of player scored a shit load while the rest of the team made less of an impact.

Cole was an all round brilliant player, first time lay offs, unselfish, brave, far better on the ball than he was given credit for, and a more intelligent football brain as well. Cole was occasionally deployed on the left win by Fergie, and he took to it a lot better than Rooney did, games like Fiorentina and Porto showed how effective he was.

Excellent post sir.

Unread 16-06-2007, 06:31 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

in a nutshell.

Unread 16-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Father Christmas

Terrific player for us. He made a greater contribution to Manchester United than Van Nistlerooy - and many regard the Dutchman as a red legend.
Closed Thread