United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-12-2007, 02:27 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up "I think that Rooney is better than Kaka." - Diego Maradona

Quote:
[SIZE="5"]Maradona Feels That Kaka Doesn't Deserve The Ballon d'or

As soon as Kaka received the prestigious trophy on Sunday in Paris, a furious debate ensued questioning the merits of the Brazilian superstar receiving the award.

Though his Champions League form was great, the play-maker was practically non-existent through the Serie A season, and there have been calls from various quarters that consistency should be rewarded as opposed to a few glittering performances.

Former Argentinean superstar Diego Maradona - who had made his position clear by backing Lionel Messi - chose to stick to his guns.

“Rooney, Ronaldinho and Messi would have been the worthy winners,” he said.

“It was a tough decision but there is not much separating Kaka from those players. Some are even better.”

"I don't know too well how the election is done but I think that Rooney is better than Kaka.

"Milan is a team that depends all the time on Kaka but that doesn't make him the best player in the world."

'El Diego' also had an opinion on the upcoming World Club Cup that pits his beloved Boca Juniors against AC Milan.

“It’s going to be a difficult match and everyone is predicting Milan to be victorious but Milan are Kaka-dependent,” he stated.

"I am not scared of Milan, I only want Boca to get to the competition in good physical condition."

Speaking of his current favourites in football - Maradona ruled on who he feels is the pick of his fellow countrymen.

"At the moment the best three Argentinian players are Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero and Juan Roman Riquelme."
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=502044

I think El Diego sees a bit of himself in our Wayne. Not the first time he's sung his praises

Unread 04-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina

And no Ronaldo? Nuff said
Exactly

Unread 04-12-2007, 04:18 PM
legendary saf

"Cristiano and Messi are better than both." - legendary saf

Unread 04-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Cringe factor 10.

Unread 04-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Grimson

He's playing his favourite game there - winding up Brazilians.

Unread 04-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Racist.
Fat @#%&!

Unread 04-12-2007, 05:42 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
It's funny how it's the fickle glory hunters are obsessed with Ronaldo.

I don't think most could tell you why they support United.

Unread 04-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's funny how it's the fickle glory hunters are obsessed with Ronaldo.

I don't think most could tell you why they support United.
I think that may be the fact that it's not really a choice. Just something that grips you? Maybe...just a thought.

Unread 04-12-2007, 05:50 PM
koppas

Quote:
Fat @#%&!
I am hardly fat.

Unread 04-12-2007, 05:51 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I think that may be the fact that it's not really a choice. Just something that grips you? Maybe...just a thought.
Yeah. Everything about MUFC has gripped these lads from all over the world who are obsessed with the latest pin up boy.

There's a difference between being gripped by MUFC and growing up loving the club as apposed to clinging on because of something such as glory, pin ups, 'cool' players.

At the end of the day loads of reds love Ronaldo but don't get all obsessed. Let's not forget he's a person who said he didn't get any support off the club and couldn't play for us again, not to mention the constant talking of Madrid and how it's his dream, which he has only just stopped doing.

Unread 04-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Argentina

Quote:
I am hardly fat.

Unread 04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Spiffy

Rooney>Ronaldo

There, I said it. Come back to me when they are both retired and see if I was wrong.

Unread 04-12-2007, 06:07 PM
celtbion

Even last night with the great man finding his way back into it, Rooney is the better player.

Ronaldo is a blunt instrument, however good he is.

Rooney is far the more clever player but, alas, unless England buck up, I don't think he'll ever really get the credit he deserves.

Unread 04-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
Even last night with the great man finding his way back into it, Rooney is the better player.

Quote:
[b]Ronaldo is a blunt instrument, however good he is.

Last night:two shots; two goals. Too many stray passes for my liking admittedly. Continuously taking the pressure off the defence, by carrying the ball out.

Quote:
Rooney is far the more clever player but, alas, unless England buck up, I don't think he'll ever really get the credit he deserves.
Now I know youre on a WUM. Good effort though

Unread 04-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Rooney is the more important player of the two.

As great a player as Ronaldo is, finding a world class striker, like Rooney is such a rarity in world football that once you have one you should be incredibly grateful for it.

Look at the difference Torres has made to the dippers.

Unread 04-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Ronaldo is a blunt instrument, however good he is.

Rooney has his part to play in 'bucking up'. His performances have been pretty shite as well.

Unread 04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
koppas

We look a different side when Ronaldo doesn't play.

Same can't always be said about Rooney.

Still love them both.

Unread 04-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Still love them both.

When was our last good performance without Rooney?

By far and away our best performance this season was without Ronaldo.

Anyway, that's old ground. I can't be arsed getting into a Rooney vs Ronaldo debate.

Unread 04-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:

Still love them both.
You're right. I can't £#%&!ing stand these threads though. If Saha played as he did '06 and this time alongside Tevez, we could win the league. If Rooney and Tevez played up front and Ronaldo was out injured we wouldn't win the league, simple as that.

Unread 04-12-2007, 08:19 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
You're right. I can't £#%&!ing stand these threads though. If Saha played as he did '06 and this time alongside Tevez, we could win the league. If Rooney and Tevez played up front and Ronaldo was out injured we wouldn't win the league, simple as that.
Word Cameron Poe.
Closed Thread