They're winning it.
It’s not even February etc...

(Agree BTW)

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Doesn't look like the Palace keeper will be getting in GCTOTW

"He's thrown two goals in the back of the net. There's no way to be kind about this. Crystal Palace have worked so hard for this but Speroni has helped Liverpool enormously.

To score twice at Anfield as Palace have done and not get anything would be tough."
Just for once, he speaks a lot of sense.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:03 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
7 mate.

They're 7 clear.

I'd expect title pretenders to drop points when they don't play well.

Again, if they are winning games when not playing well, that's not a good sign.

For all the suggestions they're flagging, they're the same number of points clear as before the City game.

Yes, how many times do you look back on those nearly moments and think

"It was that win we got in January that did it"
It's not the points gap that matters. Everything has changed after that city game. Liverpool were on fire before that game. Have now lost twice, won twice by the odd goal, started to leak goals. While City are scoring for fun and are not letting goals in. Whoever city play (huddersfield) will get absolutely battered by another 3 or 4.

We're watching the picture change even if the gap would still be 4 pts.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:06 PM
red in cumbria

Let's be honest, lots of us would have expected Liverpool to win about 5-1 today - and before Christmas they likely would have done.

Yes they are in pole position, but I'm not conceding it to them just yet. They are now letting in goals, something that wasn't the case until recently.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:07 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
It's not the points gap that matters. Everything has changed after that city game. Liverpool were on fire before that game. Have now lost twice, won twice by the odd goal, started to leak goals. While City are scoring for fun and are not letting goals in. Whoever city play (huddersfield) will get absolutely battered by another 3 or 4.

We're watching the picture change even if the gap would still be 4 pts.
I stopped reading after that first sentence.

I think being 7 points clear is probably quite relevant tbh.

They've lost once too. Not twice.

You don't know how many points clear they are. You don't know how many games they've lost.

Have you been paying attention at all, Saffers?

I admire your optimism, mate and I hope you're right.... but we've had this kind of 'above them by Christmas' conversation before mate and it didn't end well for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Let's be honest, lots of us would have expected Liverpool to win about 5-1 today - and before Christmas they likely would have done.

Yes they are in pole position, but I'm not conceding it to them just yet. They are now letting in goals, something that wasn't the case until recently.
Well, they conceded 3 today which was admittedly surprising. Before that, they kept a clean sheet and conceded two at City (hardly a lot for there).

I didn't expect them to win big today. Their performance level has dipped, but it doesn't matter if they keep winning. That gap is staying big and the games are whittling down.

They've conceded 9 points all season. It gets to the point where it's simply too much to keep up with.

People keep saying how good city are. Well, they're the ones 7 points behind and cannot afford a single slip or it'll simply be too much for them .

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:13 PM
saffers

Yeah that convo ended with liverpool fighting for their life to finish top 4 after you had handed them the league title.

You are a bedwetter pal, fomf...

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:16 PM
atticusgrinch

Murderers struggling to keep their head above water and it's January. They won't be winning the league.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Clownbones

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Yeah that convo ended with liverpool fighting for their life to finish top 4 after you had handed them the league title.

You are a bedwetter pal, fomf...

So you were wrong and they didn't finish above us.

Glad we agree

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
I stopped reading after that first sentence.

I think being 7 points clear is probably quite relevant tbh.

They've lost once too. Not twice.

You don't know how many points clear they are. You don't know how many games they've lost.

Have you been paying attention at all, Saffers?

I admire your optimism, mate and I hope you're right.... but we've had this kind of 'above them by Christmas' conversation before mate and it didn't end well for us

Well, they conceded 3 today which was admittedly surprising. Before that, they kept a clean sheet and conceded two at City (hardly a lot for there).

I didn't expect them to win big today. Their performance level has dipped, but it doesn't matter if they keep winning. That gap is staying big and the games are whittling down.

They've conceded 9 points all season. It gets to the point where it's simply too much to keep up with.

People keep saying how good city are. Well, they're the ones 7 points behind and cannot afford a single slip or it'll simply be too much for them .
I agree with most of this, however, it's a bit early for squeaky bum time, which it does feel like that's what Liverpool are having atm.

You would expect a level headed, calming manager would guide them through that period. They don't have one

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
I agree with most of this, however, it's a bit early for squeaky bum time, which it does feel like that's what Liverpool are having atm.

You would expect a level headed, calming manager would guide them through that period. They don't have one
Points and a city #@&%! will be more than enough of a pick me up, I'm sure.

I don't think they're running out of steam. They're hitting a bad patch of form.

Yet they're still winning.

Thats BAD

And their form dipping is not unusual under klopp. In January. Their finding a way through it is though

We will be looking back in May at that late winner over Everton, then city losing 3 of their next 4 as the key stage of the season IMO.

Liverpool are navigating their dip. City didn't navigate theirs.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Liverpool are navigating their dip. City didn't navigate theirs.
That's what you'd expect from dippers

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:45 PM
Sparky***

arsenal giving chelsea a bit of a chasing here

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:09 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
arsenal giving chelsea a bit of a chasing here
If we weren't chasing so much, I'd fancy us to catch both of them. We've just left ourselves so much to do.

Shame we let the domestic season crash and burn before doing anything about.

Ole getting us even this close over the season would have been impressive, to do it in a month is superb.... I just worry how much we're putting in to catching them and how much we'll have left in the tank.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:15 PM
Sparky***

Apropos of nothing... this bodes well

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Guingamp are rock bottom tbf and PSG were full strength.

Clownbones

Quote:

So rare you see someone do that to Guingamp.

AK14

Quote:
So rare you see someone do that to Guingamp.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:18 PM
Buck

Chelsea should bring Zola on

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:24 PM
saffers

Quote:

Farmers league

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:28 PM
Jethro

Quote: