armchair

Default Brandon Williams

What a guy,

Unread 15-05-2020, 11:40 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Comes across really well.

Spent so much time in Harpurhey - tough part of Manchester, he will not be bullied easily.

Imagine if he and Shaw continue to push each other and improve! Opens up a lot of good options for us, great to see.

Unread 16-05-2020, 07:58 AM
puressence

Top lad .. harpuhey market get anything there he’s always around there aitch the rapper

Unread 16-05-2020, 08:05 AM
no fun

Raf

Unread 16-05-2020, 08:18 AM
waynes ear's

cafe looks like the holding pen for Mos Eisley

Unread 16-05-2020, 08:20 AM
ScarFace

I like him a lot....but change that hair now.

Hopefully that plump gimp Shaw shipped out soon.

Unread 16-05-2020, 08:21 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
cafe looks like the holding pen for Mos Eisley
It’s another world

Honestly, whenever I have worked in north manchester it makes me realise that no areas of south Manc, and I include the moss and wythenshawe, comes close

Unread 16-05-2020, 08:40 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
It’s another world

Honestly, whenever I have worked in north manchester it makes me realise that no areas of south Manc, and I include the moss and wythenshawe, comes close
Is it Conran Street market? If so, looks like it’s come up in the world since last time I went

Unread 16-05-2020, 09:31 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Is it Conran Street market? If so, looks like it’s come up in the world since last time I went
It is indeed

Quote:
It’s another world

Come mine for a brew you may be surprised

Unread 16-05-2020, 10:04 AM
Dr Stranger

Him, Mason, Scotty Mctimmy, Rashford's development.... the best thing to come out of Ole's tenure IMO.

Unread 16-05-2020, 11:49 AM
Cream

Quote:
This one is near the asdoh, off Church Lane. Conran St was a separate market round the corner, when I were a lad. I know because me nanoh always made us traipse around both.

Not sure it's even still there.

Unread 16-05-2020, 11:52 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
This one is near the asdoh, off Church Lane. Conran St was a separate market round the corner, when I were a lad. I know because me nanoh always made us traipse around both.

Brother lived on Church Lane, auntie just off and Mobboss lived 500m from where the ASDA is. Seem to recall a smaller one than there is there now.

Unread 16-05-2020, 12:11 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Yeah, I didn’t venture up too often but remember two markets. Conran Street and the new market. Conran Street was rough as dogs. Shopping for tramps. It’s where our family went . Have strong childhood memory of my mad aunty who had a club foot getting the shoe of her shorter leg stuck in some kind of grid.

Unread 16-05-2020, 12:15 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Yeah, I didn’t venture up too often but remember two markets. Conran Street and the new market. Conran Street was rough as dogs. Shopping for tramps. It’s where our family went . Have strong childhood memory of my mad aunty who had a club foot getting the shoe of her shorter leg stuck in some kind of grid.
ffs

Unread 16-05-2020, 02:43 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Is it Conran Street market?
No it's Harpurhey indoor market. Conran St was further up the road and shut down years ago.

Unread 16-05-2020, 04:23 PM
Jethro

Best fight I've ever witnessed was in Harpurhey.

Nice to have some proper mancs in the team again.

Unread 16-05-2020, 05:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Him, Mason, Scotty Mctimmy, Rashford's development.... the best thing to come out of Ole's tenure IMO.
Yep, shows things aren't totally lost.

Unread 16-05-2020, 05:56 PM
Knockers

Quote:
It’s another world

Deffo. North and South Mcr never really have owt to do with each other in my experience. My grandad came over from Ireland in the 50s, settled in Fallowfield and when I told him I had to go and see someone in Monsall for work he had no idea where I was talking about. It’s like apartheid.

Unread 16-05-2020, 05:58 PM
red in cumbria

Tbf the south and north ends of Manchester are quite a way from each other, its an unusually shaped city in that respect.

Unread 16-05-2020, 06:10 PM
suedeshoes

I'm from Moston. I went to Whalley Range for the first time when I was 16. When I told my mum where I was going I might as well have said Nepal. "Whalley Range? Ooh get you. How many buses is that?".
Closed Thread