Unread 30-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs down

RIP Keith

Top Red.

Unread 30-01-2008, 02:08 PM
My Name is Keith

How true Ed. Thanks.

RIP me - I gave a considerable amount albeit not quite my all and for that, I should be proud.

Unread 30-01-2008, 02:17 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
The actual act of giving up is hard.

Halfway through next season you will realise it was a lot easier than you thought.

To be honest most will wish they had done it earlier.

I handed mine over last year and tbh once you get over not going anymore, the only shitter about it is having to watch the boys on Setanta Sports.

Unread 30-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
since the glazers it's been:

06/07 11%
07/08 11%
08/09 15%
The rise wasn't across the board, as it has depended upon where you sit.

As I sit in the middle upper bit of South Stand, then I've been taken to the cleaners each season since the take over.

Unread 30-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Fat Al

Someone posted on here recently that the 'hardcore' support are not, in fact, the kind of support that the money men (ie the Glazer filth spawn) want.

Hardcore supporter will buy little if any Megastore tat. Nor will some buy programmes and a pile of food (pie and pint, maybe). Nor will they do the museum tour more than once a season MAX.

That same ST in the hands of someone flogging them as a 'package' deal for a family who may only 'visit' Old Trafford 2 or 3 times a season - well, that's bagloads of Megastore shite sold, meals, museum tour, programmes, the lot.

Unread 30-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Whip Hubley

can we (as in, the average, vaguely intelligent/passionate/commited etc etc ad nauseum) supported actually do anything about this? has anyone got any ideas?

are protests over? is the battle for the club over and has it been won by the money men?

I mean that absolutely sincerely as well, not just as some poor nostalgic rhetoric. Does anyone want to do anything? It just seems that through a series of awful decisions by the club, a lacklustre campaign by supporters (glazer out, murdoch do one, n4s etc) and the sky years the soul is/has being/been completely ripped out of the club.

MUFC has and always will be MUFC... but more and more of what I personally love about the club is in the past, as opposed to the future. Is that inevitability due to the money?

Unread 30-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Sparky***

The last price hike forced me out. Sad as it is to say - £722 for a season ticket is a bit out my price range. It was either that or insure my car.

Unread 30-01-2008, 02:53 PM
P.L.A.N.T.I.N.I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Are you sure they were both 11%, I thought another was 15. Anyway...

so 36% + ACS.

Can anyone tell me the 3 rises from the 3 seasons before that?
its actually more than 36 % because, its more like 50 % up on the prices of a ticket before the glazers came in...

what a joke... this should really make the noise levels at o.t go up.... my arse

Unread 30-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.L.A.N.T.I.N.I
its actually more than 36 % because, its more like 50 % up on the prices of a ticket before the glazers came in...

what a joke... this should really make the noise levels at o.t go up.... my arse
Yep, after interest rates and also considering there are even more expensive parts of the ground.

But at least we get to watch those superstars...you have to pay the price to see a top of the range product, still in competition with London clubs...yadda yadda

Unread 30-01-2008, 02:58 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
can we (as in, the average, vaguely intelligent/passionate/commited etc etc ad nauseum) supported actually do anything about this? has anyone got any ideas? No

are protests over? Yes is the battle for the club over and has it been won by the money men? Yes

I mean that absolutely sincerely as well, not just as some poor nostalgic rhetoric. Does anyone want to do anything? No, not reallyIt just seems that through a series of awful decisions by the club, a lacklustre campaign by supporters (glazer out, murdoch do one, n4s etc) and the sky years the soul is/has being/been completely ripped out of the club.

MUFC has and always will be MUFC... but more and more of what I personally love about the club is in the past, as opposed to the future. Fraid soIs that inevitability due to the money? Yup

Unread 30-01-2008, 04:32 PM
MUFC One Love

I think people find it very hard to give their ST up tbh because they're worried about how they'll feel the season after. I can honestly say this season I have enjoyed watching United more, there is a better atmosphere in the pub, every game is live anyway on something and you feel better for it. Obviously I would love to be going to the derby for th 50th Munich anniversary, but as seen how the club have handled it with "AIG" on the memorial picture, it wouldn't feel right being a part of that kind of shit from the club.

£#%&! Glazer.

Unread 31-01-2008, 02:23 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I think people find it very hard to give their ST up tbh because they're worried about how they'll feel the season after. I can honestly say this season I have enjoyed watching United more, there is a better atmosphere in the pub, every game is live anyway on something and you feel better for it. Obviously I would love to be going to the derby for th 50th Munich anniversary, but as seen how the club have handled it with "AIG" on the memorial picture, it wouldn't feel right being a part of that kind of shit from the club.

£#%&! Glazer.
i don't know what i'll do without going the game - watching on sky etc is never as good as being at the game despite the atmos etc not being the same.

as above though, getting to £830 is the price of a good 2 week holiday/car insurance etc - but not sure that doing without united is something i could ever do..

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:25 AM
toseeunited

bttt re the other thread

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
can we (as in, the average, vaguely intelligent/passionate/commited etc etc ad nauseum) supported actually do anything about this? has anyone got any ideas?

are protests over? is the battle for the club over and has it been won by the money men?

I mean that absolutely sincerely as well, not just as some poor nostalgic rhetoric. Does anyone want to do anything? It just seems that through a series of awful decisions by the club, a lacklustre campaign by supporters (glazer out, murdoch do one, n4s etc) and the sky years the soul is/has being/been completely ripped out of the club.

MUFC has and always will be MUFC... but more and more of what I personally love about the club is in the past, as opposed to the future. Is that inevitability due to the money?

That's it man, game over man, game over!

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Ed Sullivan

The people who want to (and can) will pay

the people who can't (or won't) will not.

That's is sadly.

Unread 06-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
i really feel for the long time ST holders now, i had a mad thought earlier about this scenario and how its going to pan out

like on heroes, Isaac Mendez

a future full of empty souls and a past full of heroes

for shame the edwards family, for shame magner, for shame david gill, for shame bobby, for shame alex

and £#%&! the GLAZERS
good post

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
watching utd in the pub > watching utd at OT

nft.
nonsense. being in the pub might be better than being at OT. but live football does not involve a television. fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
If this increase is true then my 30 year love affair watching United at OT will be over come May

Enough is enough
good post. enough is enough.

I only share spares really now, but there's plenty so I'll end up still going. need to see the whole pitch to properly enjoy United's football, simple as that.
Closed Thread