United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Brenner

If this increase is true then my 30 year love affair watching United at OT will be over come May

Enough is enough

Unread 30-01-2008, 11:02 AM
AjaxRed

At this pace the whole support at OT will be renewed in 5 years time, and not for the better.

If United need to drain their fans to raise enough money for players, that's a simple case of bad management.

Unread 30-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Jack Duckworth

it breaks my heart when so many genuine fans get priced out.

if it's any consolation to those who will have to give up because of this latest increase, i gave mine up 2 seasons ago and, aside from the obvious games, i don't miss it at all. at one point, there was 11 of us who used to sit together, then it gradually dwindled year-on-year and became less enjoyable. there's only 2 lads out of that eleven who go now, and i'm not sure they will be re-newing after this.

sadly, the prices, numptys, shit atmosphere at OT nowadays mean i actually enjoy watching the games with my mates at one of our houses/the pub, much more than i did watching most games at OT during my last few seasons.

that said, it's scandalous that people who still want to go have been priced out of doing so.

Unread 30-01-2008, 11:30 AM
1MUFC

So its going to be about £36 a game for me, it doesnt matter whether you can afford it or not its time to really think about whether its really worth paying that.

I mean where's it going to stop ffs ?, they could keep increasing it and us daft @#%&!s keep paying it.

Unread 30-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
People said the same thing last year. You'll somehow manage to scrape the money together, do an extra shift at work, eat Tesco value instead of Finest and the cash will get handed over. It's a real shame as the train is now unstoppable.
I was one of those who wrestled with my conscience this season when renewing and because I've been going for 30yrs, my heart ruled my head.

This increase would be one too far tbh though TS - I'm a realist and knew when I renewed this season that these @#%&!s wouldn't hold ST prices or reduce them next season, the only way the price was gonna go is up...

I've got 2 kids - something has to give and unfortunately, if these increases come to fruition, sadly it's gonna be United

Unread 30-01-2008, 11:41 AM
mark o

The End Is Nigh

Unread 30-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
I was one of those who wrestled with my conscience this season when renewing and because I've been going for 30yrs, my heart ruled my head.

This increase would be one too far tbh though TS - I'm a realist and knew when I renewed this season that these @#%&!s wouldn't hold ST prices or reduce them next season, the only way the price was gonna go is up...

I've got 2 kids - something has to give and unfortunately, if these increases come to fruition, sadly it's gonna be United
It's a tragedy. You should be able to take your kids and get them into United. Most of the people who sit around you at the match don't care, as long as the team wins the fans can get to £#%&!. It's a disgrace really, people will sit around minding their own business until they are priced out of it themselves. It reminds me of that poem about standing up to the nazi's.

BTW, you are making the right call, your family comes first. Ask any of the players or coaches what their priorities are and you'll hear them say family. It'll be interesting watching the stooges try and defend this, if you were scouse your mates at the match would stick up for you, thought for the day.

Unread 30-01-2008, 11:44 AM
1MUFC

The thing is people that go 2 or 3 games a season aren’t bothered in the slightest and don’t bat an eyelid. But for the ones who go week in week out £40-£50 just isn’t acceptable.

Unread 30-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
The thing is people that go 2 or 3 games a season aren’t bothered in the slightest and don’t bat an eyelid. But for the ones who go week in week out £40-£50 just isn’t acceptable.
That's correct, in terms of revenue this will benefit the club, in terms of atmosphere, this will be negative.

I hope SAF shuts his £#%&!ing gob next year when it's like a funeral at OT, or comes out now with a comment about the vocal fans being priced out. He wants the extra cash they've milked from the supporters without the loss of atmosphere from them not being able to afford to go.

Unread 30-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Brenner

Quote:
It's a tragedy. You should be able to take your kids and get them into United. Most of the people who sit around you at the match don't care, as long as the team wins the fans can get to £#%&!. It's a disgrace really, people will sit around minding their own business until they are priced out of it themselves. It reminds me of that poem about standing up to the nazi's.

BTW, you are making the right call, your family comes first. Ask any of the players or coaches what their priorities are and you'll hear them say family. It'll be interesting watching the stooges try and defend this, if you were scouse your mates at the match would stick up for you, thought for the day.
I've taken my lad to 2 games and he loved it, but I have to accept that we will never watch United together as father & son at OT - it's £#%&!in sickening tbh.

Unread 30-01-2008, 12:02 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
That's correct, in terms of revenue this will benefit the club, in terms of atmosphere, this will be negative.

I hope SAF shuts his £#%&!ing gob next year when it's like a funeral at OT, or comes out now with a comment about the vocal fans being priced out. He wants the extra cash they've milked from the supporters without the loss of atmosphere from them not being able to afford to go.
Alex Ferguson needed to wind his neck in with them comments. When the glazers first took over hardly anyone £#%&!ed off in the whole scheme of things because there wasn’t any change, then when they had their feet under the table started working their greedy little £#%&!ing hands. Its actually getting to the point now though, where I mustn’t be alone, where I just don’t want to be at old Trafford the way it is now.

Unread 30-01-2008, 12:15 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
and with ACS it can be twice a week, week in week out, add £50 petrol a week, £50 food a week and before you've even started "living" you've spent £200 for the week. plus mortgage plus bills plus car payments leaves not much left for a £#%&!ing pint, which may soon be over 3 £#%&!ing quid anyway

Unread 30-01-2008, 12:25 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
and with ACS it can be twice a week, week in week out, add £50 petrol a week, £50 food a week and before you've even started "living" you've spent £200 for the week. plus mortgage plus bills plus car payments leaves not much left for a £#%&!ing pint, which may soon be over 3 £#%&!ing quid anyway
cheer up

Unread 30-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
i really feel for the long time ST holders now, i had a mad thought earlier about this scenario and how its going to pan out

like on heroes, Isaac Mendez

a future full of empty souls and a past full of heroes

for shame the edwards family, for shame magner, for shame david gill, for shame bobby, for shame alex

and £#%&! the GLAZERS
that's actually a brilliant way of putting it

Unread 30-01-2008, 12:27 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
cheer up
yeah you're right i can be a right depressing "real" @#%&! at times

got the game tonight anyway

Unread 30-01-2008, 12:28 PM
1MUFC

I am just looking at it this way, it’s not my fault it’s the club who have forced this on us and made the decision for us. If I don’t go inside the ground I’ll save well over a grand a season. I can use that grand to go even more away games, which are actually enjoyable majority of the time.

At old Trafford now it’s just full of dicks with handfuls of good ones scattered around the ground. For someone who lives and breathes the club you just don’t want to be around day tripping @#%&!s and pay £40 for the privilege.

At old Trafford most are season ticket holders and most sing around me, there’s a group just below me that do as well, and the other week one of them was starting a song and the people below him actually turned round in their seats and just looked at him ffs

Unread 30-01-2008, 12:38 PM
voxra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Are you sure they were both 11%, I thought another was 15. Anyway...

so 36% + ACS.

Can anyone tell me the 3 rises from the 3 seasons before that?
What is "average ticket price increase" anyway? What about the £50 tickets, I bet they're not included etc. I'll re-post here something I posted on RI back in November...

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxra
"Average price increase"
is a difficult one; how many kids' and OAP tickets do they include when arriving at these numbers? As these "averages" come out before anybody has applied for tickets, you can assume they're not going to underestimate the kids/OAP tickets.

Looking at the same seat over a few seasons might provide a better guide (say, a seat in West, T2 - don't think the increases have been significantly higher or lower there - pretty standard (it's also the only place in the ground I can find historical data for)):

00/01- £361
01/02- £380 (+5.26% - inflation in 2000 2.96%)
02/03- £399 (+5.00% - inflation in 2001 1.76%)
03/04- £418 (+4.76% - inflation in 2002 1.67%)
04/05- £427.50 (+2.27% - inflation in 2003 2.89%)
05/06- £494 (+15.56% - inflation in 2004 2.98%)
06/07- £570 (+15.38% - inflation in 2005 2.84%)
07/08- £627* (+10.00% - inflation in 2006 3.17%)

* you're guaranteed having to pay for three home games in the CL with the ACS, so the real figure (minimum) it will cost you is (£627+£99= £726) – an increase of 27.37%. More if any games in League or FA Cup are drawn at home, and if getting out of the CL group stage, of course (but they can't know this when the average % are announced in April/May).

Unread 30-01-2008, 01:01 PM
George Bestial

Mine's going up to £742.

I'd rather nibble me nob off than give up my ticket; and those £#%&!ers know it all too well.

A bitter sweet time to be a Red.

Unread 30-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Withers

The actual act of giving up is hard.

Halfway through next season you will realise it was a lot easier than you thought.

To be honest most will wish they had done it earlier.

Unread 30-01-2008, 01:59 PM
My Name is Keith

For me, it's made an easy decision even simpler.

Thanks Malc.
Closed Thread