United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2019, 03:46 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Wonder how far he is down on the players who play a similar position amongst the top sides . Probably a better comparison.

Really needs to up it next season, I can see patience for him beginning to fritter away.
Not going to slag him but my patience has been well frittered

Three managers , Three strikes

Unread 30-04-2019, 04:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s funny how misunderstood you are.
Not misunderstood. Misquoted. As in I said something and Keith quoted me as saying the complete opposite.

I'm not surprised you didn't pick up on it. Ironically on a thread in which you're trying to tell me I only see what I want to see.

Quote:
Wonder how far he is down on the players who play a similar position amongst the top sides . Probably a better comparison.

Really needs to up it next season, I can see patience for him beginning to fritter away.
The better comparison really is comparing him to players in the same side. It was often reported that United this season have been the team to have run the least in the league. Or close to it. Largely due to a low intensity, non-pressing style implemented by Mourinho.

Btw

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ns-League.html

Unread 30-04-2019, 04:08 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Did you miss the last sentence ?
Nope. Insinuating I am a mod.

I'm not.

Wish I was.

Unread 30-04-2019, 04:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
To be fair nobody says he's an exemplary pro.

Unread 30-04-2019, 04:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
To be fair nobody says he's an exemplary pro.

Cheers for that.

Unread 30-04-2019, 05:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Already frittered.

Ole wants him out. Woody wants Bale. A compromise will be reached.
A compromise between Martial and Bale, that does not fill me overly with confidence tbph.

Unread 30-04-2019, 06:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Not misunderstood. Misquoted. As in I said something and Keith quoted me as saying the complete opposite.

I'm not surprised you didn't pick up on it. Ironically on a thread in which you're trying to tell me I only see what I want to see.
Don’t read tbh. I just see your user name and assume you’re making excuses for someone else who’s dragging this great club into the cesspit of football again.

Soz.

Unread 30-04-2019, 06:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Don’t read tbh. I just see your user name and assume you’re making excuses for someone else who’s dragging this great club into the cesspit of football again.

Soz.
I know, I've already covered that in the previous post.

Unread 01-05-2019, 12:45 AM
utd99

Quote:
I know, I've already covered that in the previous post.
Didn’t read it.

Unread 01-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Coracao

Quote:

The better comparison really is comparing him to players in the same side. It was often reported that United this season have been the team to have run the least in the league. Or close to it. Largely due to a low intensity, non-pressing style implemented by Mourinho.

Btw

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ns-League.html
Are we really trying to draw any level of comparison with what Messi does...

And yes, if we want to press sides, Martial won't be lasting long you would think. And according to the Daily Mail yesterday, Juan Mata runs nearly 3km further than Martial.on average.

Unread 01-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Coracao

Unread 01-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Jethro

This @#%&! was one of the few things Mourinho was spot on about. £#%&! him off.

Unread 01-05-2019, 01:23 PM
Sapien

Quote:
J-Lingz

Unread 01-05-2019, 01:55 PM
Baron

It's never about how far you're running, any idiot can tell you that, it's about when & where - and if they are putting in a proper sprint.

You can watch a forward try & close someone down, they run 15-20 yards to do it, but if it's nothing more than a token attempt what are you even gleaning from that info?

£#%&!. All.

If a player makes a run, but it's the wrong run, i.e. into a crowded defence rather than the channel (or vice versa) you're just measuring idiocy, not a meaningful part of a players game when looking at raw data like the above.

Martial moves far too little without the ball to affect the play, and far too much toward opposition players when he has it at his feet. He's not Ronaldinho, no matter how many times you see that nutmeg. He's a bit of a £#%&!ing idiot, football intelligence wise.

He's not going to work to make space for his teammates, he barely does enough for himself. Unless this is coached into him, and we play a system that actually makes sense for him to do it (i.e. he gets opportunities to score rather than just be faced with 2 or 3 defenders because no other @#%&! is making a meaningful run) you'll continue to see a player that looks like he can't be arsed.

He's not our biggest issue, he could be a top player if he magically gets a team around him with some urgency & he puts in a shift, but like Pogba, it doesn't seem especially likely any time soon. Yet another big summer to rectify the mistakes of the £#%&!ers that have managed us the last few years.

Unread 01-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
It's never about how far you're running, any idiot can tell you that, it's about when & where - and if they are putting in a proper sprint.

You can watch a forward try & close someone down, they run 15-20 yards to do it, but if it's nothing more than a token attempt what are you even gleaning from that info?

£#%&!. All.

If a player makes a run, but it's the wrong run, i.e. into a crowded defence rather than the channel (or vice versa) you're just measuring idiocy, not a meaningful part of a players game when looking at raw data like the above.

Martial moves far too little without the ball to affect the play, and far too much toward opposition players when he has it at his feet. He's not Ronaldinho, no matter how many times you see that nutmeg. He's a bit of a £#%&!ing idiot, football intelligence wise.

He's not going to work to make space for his teammates, he barely does enough for himself. Unless this is coached into him, and we play a system that actually makes sense for him to do it (i.e. he gets opportunities to score rather than just be faced with 2 or 3 defenders because no other @#%&! is making a meaningful run) you'll continue to see a player that looks like he can't be arsed.

He's not our biggest issue, he could be a top player if he magically gets a team around him with some urgency & he puts in a shift, but like Pogba, it doesn't seem especially likely any time soon. Yet another big summer to rectify the mistakes of the £#%&!ers that have managed us the last few years.
It's a comparison of players at the top 6, not Dave from the Dog and Duck putting in a 20km effort You would hope these players had the basics of what a decent 'run' is.

It just shows what many have been saying, i.e. he is a lazy @#%&!.

Unread 01-05-2019, 05:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Interesting that Sánchez ‘works’ much harder than Kane, Son, Aguero etc these days.

Aguero right down the bottom of the list in fact.

Almost as if Baron’s right and you can’t reduce a forwards influence to such stats.

Rashford being so low proves the point about tactics too.

Unread 01-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Interesting that Sánchez ‘works’ much harder than Kane, Son, Aguero etc these days.

Aguero right down the bottom of the list in fact.

Almost as if Baron’s right and you can’t reduce a forwards influence to such stats.

Rashford being so low proves the point about tactics too.
Or that they play centre forward ffs or have spent a decent spell there in son's case

Unread 01-05-2019, 06:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Or that they play centre forward ffs or have spent a decent spell there in son's case
So now you don’t want to compare players with each other? It’s not that simple?

Make your mind up mate.

Unread 01-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Coracao

Quote:
So now you don’t want to compare players with each other? It’s not that simple?

Make your mind up mate.
Have you slumped that low that I have to explain why a centre forward's stats may be different than a wide player. S2C your demise.

Unread 01-05-2019, 06:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Have you slumped that low that I have to explain why a centre forward's stats may be different than a wide player. S2C your demise.
It's just taken you a while to appreciate that comparing player movement stats has some nuance to it.

In other words, don't bother. We know Martial doesn't run around much.
Closed Thread