United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-02-2017, 02:42 PM
TheFatGoth

Default Former Chelsea & England midfielder Frank Lampard Jr retires

Good player who played for horrible clubs.

Unread 02-02-2017, 02:52 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Good player who played for horrible clubs.
pretty much this. Very consistent over the years. Remember finally admitting he was a player when I saw this goal

HATED his fingers to the sky celebration mind and that Chelsea team in particular.

Unread 02-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Baron

Brilliant player.

£#%&!ing hated him.

Unread 02-02-2017, 03:02 PM
20 times

Viva Pat Lampard

Unread 02-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Billy Redface

Utterly utterly UTTERLY convinced he had retired already.

Unread 02-02-2017, 03:15 PM
no fun

tory supporting #@&%!

Unread 02-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Overrated, cockney gobshite who barely scored a goal without the aid of a deflection.

The fact that Paul Scholes was overlooked for England in favour of this @#%&! and Slippy is still absolutely laughable.

Didn't like his personality either. Puts across this facade of laid-back, easy-going family man, but I always had the sense he was snide. Him and that odious @#%&! Terry - vile pairing. Adored Moscow even more for the tears they spilled.

Unread 02-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Overrated, cockney gobshite who barely scored a goal without the aid of a deflection.

The fact that Paul Scholes was overlooked for England in favour of this @#%&! and Slippy is still absolutely laughable.

Didn't like his personality either. Puts across this facade of laid-back, easy-going family man, but I always had the sense he was snide. Him and that odious @#%&! Terry - vile pairing. Adored Moscow even more for the tears they spilled.
274 deflections?

He's everything you described as person but he was a quality player, scored against all the top sides in their European campaigns & was as consistent as you like.

Should have been playing alongside Scholes with Carrick behind obviously, not Lampard's fault England managers were utterly inept.

Unread 02-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Sparky***

Good player, much better than Gerrard

Unread 02-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Cream

Take away the hundreds of goals and he's nothing special.

Unread 02-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Billy Redface

Some fickle @#%&!s on here.

Roundly slated as a fat overrated waddling deflection when he was playing against. Now he's retired and no longer a threat: yeah, class act him

He was a smart player. Great timing and composure, but not particularly gifted. The anti-gerrard, who was often explosive and dynamic, but dumb as £#%&!.

Both can £#%&! off and die for all i care. Forza Nicky Butt.

Unread 02-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Pop

Good goalscorer.

Terrible sex tape.

Unread 02-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Buck

One of the greatest players to ever play for Manchester City

Unread 02-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
The anti-gerrard, who was often explosive and dynamic, but dumb as £#%&!.
Sounds very Gerrard-esque

I'm sure there are loads of players we've all slated while they were playing, but if you look at his trophy cabinet & stats, he's been incomparable in the PL era.

Pogba uses him as a benchmark...

Quote:
"I'd like to surpass [Frank] Lampard. I want to be the midfielder who can do everything, and at the highest levels. Shooting, dribbling, scoring, defending. I want to be like Lampard, but better."

Unread 02-02-2017, 04:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Good player, much better than Gerrard
Yes, this.

His being a bit of a @#%&! as a person is seperate at the end of the day - is he still with that brainless daytime TV bimbo, btw?

Unread 02-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Sounds very Gerrard-esque

I'm sure there are loads of players we've all slated while they were playing, but if you look at his trophy cabinet & stats, he's been incomparable in the PL era.

Pogba uses him as a benchmark...
but better

Unread 02-02-2017, 05:08 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Cracking player, also not sure why people think he's a @#%&!, seems a pretty decent bloke

Unread 02-02-2017, 05:08 PM
puressence

Amazing player nice lad would have bought him

Unread 02-02-2017, 05:20 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Cracking player, also not sure why people think he's a @#%&!, seems a pretty decent bloke
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...r-9620838.html

Unread 02-02-2017, 05:28 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

there was not actually any evidence that the American tourists had been mocked

So he got pissed up and acted the clown, big deal, doesn't make him a @#%&!
Closed Thread